Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy." Rips JML + Gamboa

Go down 
+3
freddie1437
hardcoreBEE24
gomez1012
7 posters
AuthorMessage
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy."  Rips JML + Gamboa Empty
PostSubject: Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy." Rips JML + Gamboa   Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy."  Rips JML + Gamboa EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:49 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=28234

By Rick Reeno

BoxingScene.com has been advised that featherweight contender Celestino Caballero (34-2, 23KOs) is ready, willing and able to accept the challenge of WBO super bantamweight champion Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. (19-0, 16KOs). During a recent interview with Puerto Rican publication Primera Hora, Vazquez said he was ready to challenge the big names - including Caballero.

"I would like to fight them all. I'll fight anyone. I'm not one who goes out there to shout that I am the best. To me, this is my job and I take it seriously," Vazquez said to Primera Hora.

Caballero is certainly interested in the fight.

"I respect Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. for having the balls to call me out.....bigger balls than [Yuriorkis] Gamboa and Juanma [Lopez]. His fathter was a great fighter and I will continue his father's work by beating him like his daddy. Congratulations to him though, at least he's a man," Caballero said.

Caballero's promoter Lou DiBella plans to explore this further by reaching out to Vazquez's promoter Tuto Zabala of All Star Boxing.

"Wilfredo Jr. is a charismatic young champion. He's a good looking, personable kid with warrior bloodlines. It would be a terrific fight and one that I'm sure that I can negotiate with his promoter, Tuto Zaballa," DiBella said.

Love it!

Bring it

Props to Vazquez Jr, putting in the work (looking good doing it) and fighting anybody!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy." Rips JML + Gamboa   Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy."  Rips JML + Gamboa EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:08 pm

I like it. Sounds like a good fight. Finally we see two guys who really want to fight each other.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy." Rips JML + Gamboa   Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy."  Rips JML + Gamboa EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:09 pm

Uh oh. Papito looked good in his last fight against Bedak or whatever his name is. He has never fought a top ten superbantam nevermind a top three Feather. It's too soon for Papito.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy." Rips JML + Gamboa   Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy."  Rips JML + Gamboa EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:15 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Uh oh. Papito looked good in his last fight against Bedak or whatever his name is. He has never fought a top ten superbantam nevermind a top three Feather. It's too soon for Papito.
Hey you never know. I like the kids attitude. Its exactly what we need in boxing right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy." Rips JML + Gamboa   Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy."  Rips JML + Gamboa EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:40 am

Caballero is priceless lol!

It's a real shame he's being avoided, and just when HBO have started take interest in him.
Back to top Go down
freddie1437
White Belt
White Belt
freddie1437

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, JMM, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez

PostSubject: Re: Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy." Rips JML + Gamboa   Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy."  Rips JML + Gamboa EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:36 am

Might be a little too soon for Wilfredo to take on someone like Caballero, but at least he does have balls! Gotta love Caballero though, he's never at a lose for words! LOL I wonder how JuanMa and Gamboa react when they hear what Caballero says?
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy." Rips JML + Gamboa   Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy."  Rips JML + Gamboa EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:23 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

It's a real shame he's being avoided, and just when HBO have started take interest in him.

Maybe they buy this, Caballero with DBE, Vazquez Jr a rising PR star, they would be stupid to pass this up

If not Showtime loves the lower weight classes!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy." Rips JML + Gamboa   Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy."  Rips JML + Gamboa EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:29 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Maybe they buy this, Caballero with DBE, Vazquez Jr a rising PR star, they would be stupid to pass this up

If not Showtime loves the lower weight classes!

That fight has Showtime written all over it.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy." Rips JML + Gamboa   Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy."  Rips JML + Gamboa EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:36 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:

I think it is too soon as well. Kid's got a heck of a future though.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy." Rips JML + Gamboa   Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy."  Rips JML + Gamboa EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 2:47 pm

I would love to see this fight, but now when fighter say they'll fight each other through the media, it usually never happens. I like Vazquez jrs attitude but actions are louder than words. When negotiations start, then I'll take the possiblity fo these two fighting seriously. No one wants to fight Caballero, so I dont expect anyone to try. Fighters want to keep there belts and earn as much dough as they can, so they avoid top level of comeptition.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy." Rips JML + Gamboa   Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy."  Rips JML + Gamboa EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:52 pm

Vazquez Jr. needs to get on Showtime or HBO soon, his career started off on Telemundo and is now on those Integrates Sports PPVs. I don't think he's ready for Caballero though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy." Rips JML + Gamboa   Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy."  Rips JML + Gamboa EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 5:20 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:
Vazquez Jr. needs to get on Showtime or HBO soon, his career started off on Telemundo and is now on those Integrates Sports PPVs. I don't think he's ready for Caballero though.
Who is he with? His promoters need to get him some exposure.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy." Rips JML + Gamboa   Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy."  Rips JML + Gamboa EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:27 pm

probably would beat him down, but Caballero needs to shut up, put on some weight, and fight some guys remotely his size.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy." Rips JML + Gamboa   Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy."  Rips JML + Gamboa EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:52 pm

captainanddew wrote:
probably would beat him down, but Caballero needs to shut up, put on some weight, and fight some guys remotely his size.

Why's that? Is there some new height rule in boxing?
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy." Rips JML + Gamboa   Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy."  Rips JML + Gamboa EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:25 pm

marble, I was just in a bad mood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy." Rips JML + Gamboa   Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy."  Rips JML + Gamboa Empty

Back to top Go down

Caballero on Wilfredo Jr, "beat him like his daddy." Rips JML + Gamboa
Page 1 of 1