Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Am i the only person who...?

Go down 
+6
oggy420
Farmer1906
timthebim
Wolfgangsta
captain organic
NoRegret
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

Am i the only person who...? Empty
PostSubject: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySat May 29, 2010 12:01 pm

Am I the only one who thinks tonight's PPV is going to be an extremely entertaining one?

I hear alotta you guys saying that this card isnt a very good one....and while the matchups arent the best, I see alot of potentially entertaining fights.

Of course, you have the main event that all of us are looking forward to, and I think all of us think someone is getting knocked out in that fight.

I think the Miller/Bisping fight is being underrated...I always look forward to watching Bisping lose, im hoping he gets choked out tonight.

Lil Nog may be fighting a lesser fighter than before, but Brilz is no scrub...even so, I think Brilz gets KO'd...could be entertaining until the inevitable.

Todd Duffee is a powerful guy, and I think he will score a KO.

Diego is fighting a scrub, and Diego rarely has a boring fight.

---------------------------------------------

Even the undercard is decent.

Not any big matchups, but I like some of the fighters...they will put up some exciting fights. the Sadollah/Kim fight could be good, Melvin Guillard usually keeps his fights interresting and fun to watch, and I have always liked Aaron Riley and Efrain.

---------------------------------------

As a whole, I think tonight's card is being highly underestimated and I think that this will be an extremely entertaining PPV.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySat May 29, 2010 1:44 pm

well with the mismatches (and I do think Brilz is in way over his head) you are more likely to see KO's sub's etc, so yeah I think tonight should be fun.

Unfortunately i see Bisping winning fairly easy tonight, and I'll even hope he comes out aggressively like he said he would and KO's the jerseyite.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySat May 29, 2010 1:51 pm

Tonights undercard even minus Forrest is great IMO and a lot better than some other recent UFC events.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySat May 29, 2010 2:43 pm

Well, I'm glad others agree that this will be an entertaining PPV.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySat May 29, 2010 2:43 pm

To be honest I think the card will be weak. There are just way to many mismatches in my opion.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySat May 29, 2010 2:53 pm

This one of the few cards I am not very excited about.

Amir Sadollah vs Dong Hyun Kim and the main even are the only real fights I'm looking forward to. I think Nog either wins easily or wins boringly. Bisping as the co main with Miller is disappointing . It'll good to see Diego again, but is Hathaway going to give him a fight? English fighters just don't have the wrestling so if Diego wants it down, he'll get it.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySat May 29, 2010 2:58 pm

captain organic wrote:
well with the mismatches (and I do think Brilz is in way over his head) you are more likely to see KO's sub's etc, so yeah I think tonight should be fun.

Unfortunately i see Bisping winning fairly easy tonight, and I'll even hope he comes out aggressively like he said he would and KO's the jerseyite.

you should be ashamed. Jersey doesn't need disloyal fans!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySat May 29, 2010 4:10 pm

The undercards will be pretty entertaining IMO
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySat May 29, 2010 4:11 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

Amir Sadollah vs Dong Hyun Kim and the main even are the only real fights I'm looking forward to. I think Nog either wins easily or wins boringly. Bisping as the co main with Miller is disappointing . It'll good to see Diego again, but is Hathaway going to give him a fight? English fighters just don't have the wrestling so if Diego wants it down, he'll get it.

Apparently this English guy Diego is fighting actually has really good grappling. Not as good as Diego's I'm sure but it sounds like he isn't the typical Brit in that regard
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySat May 29, 2010 4:13 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
The undercards will be pretty entertaining IMO

I hope ur right Bobbitt cause I just ordered this ppv against my better judgement I might add LOL.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySat May 29, 2010 4:18 pm

Lol I don't think you'll be disappointed. I also think the next card is going to be fucking awesome despite being shit on by a ton of people. I don't see one bad fight on it.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySat May 29, 2010 5:13 pm

Bisping thinks he is better then he is, Dan Miller has a good shot, but all in all the card is not the strongest card, now it remains to be seen how the fights happen, but on paper the card is a little light, granted losing Forrest of the card was a big blow, Brilz took a fight with an animal like Nog on three weeks notice, touch touch road.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySat May 29, 2010 5:22 pm

We're really selling Hathaway short on here, don't you think? He's by far the best wrestler out of Britain. I don't see Diego taking him down. He's big, he's strong, and he actually knows what he's doing. I'm not saying he's gonna win, but he's definitely a solid wrestler. That reminds me that I have to go make my picks though.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySat May 29, 2010 6:23 pm

If nothing else this card has a bunch of interesting fighters(if not fights) on it. Nog, Diego, Duffee, Amir, and of coarse the main event.

I do think the co-main is superweak, jerseyite or not, I just cannot get that into a fighter who gets out struck by Maia.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySat May 29, 2010 6:42 pm

Wolf, dude...I think we are agreeing on too many things these days sir. I swear every topic that we both post under, we share pretty much the same opinions lately.

DISAGREE WITH ME ON SOMETHING! hahaha jk dude, glad to see I'm not alone on some of my opinions.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySat May 29, 2010 6:48 pm

chorky777 wrote:
We're really selling Hathaway short on here, don't you think? He's by far the best wrestler out of Britain. I don't see Diego taking him down. He's big, he's strong, and he actually knows what he's doing. I'm not saying he's gonna win, but he's definitely a solid wrestler. That reminds me that I have to go make my picks though.

but can he match diego's stand up? Which, prior to the Penn fight, was looking pretty good. There could be a shell shocked issue with Diego.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySat May 29, 2010 6:50 pm

I try not to sell fighters short, but for the most part....british fighters just do not stack up well against american or brazilian fighters at this point.

I think Sanchez dominates that fight.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySun May 30, 2010 1:17 am

Farmer1906 wrote:

Boy was I wrong about Hathaway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySun May 30, 2010 1:19 am

You were right, the card turned out to be pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySun May 30, 2010 12:16 pm

Yeah it actually wasnt that bad at all.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:10 pm

This was one of the worst UFC's overall in general in a while. Was only a handful of moments among endless minutes of competition.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:31 pm

GDP has "sourgrapes so I hate the card" syndrome. Rashad hurt many more than just Rampage last night. 666
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:35 pm

Even though I wasn't expecting much, this card was solid. The UFC is a machine and they just keep producing quality cards.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:37 pm

This was one of the better cards for me in a while. Sleeper card.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:39 pm

Yeah it was OK but nothing that really overly impressed me. But it was solid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am i the only person who...?   Am i the only person who...? Empty

Back to top Go down

Am i the only person who...?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next