Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown

Go down 
+3
NoRegret
marbleheadmaui
LA
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown Empty
PostSubject: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:49 pm

OK I would like to breakdown this potential matchup. Crossing Fingers
I could never have done this on that other site I use to post on because of the trolls.

OK what catagories should we use. Here is three that I know should be in there.
Size- Floyd
Power- Pac
Hand Speed- Pac

I know these can be broken down further but I need some input from you guys.
Ok lets add those.
Chin- I guess Floyd but neither have been hurt really bad in a long time.
Footwork- Floyd
Defense- Floyd
Adaptability-Floyd
Technique-Floyd
Fitness-probably even and exceptional
Ability to dictate distance-Floyd
Ability to create unusual opportunities-Manny. By this I mean his speed afoot sometimes gets him in just unbelievably advantageous spots and when he does he unloads
Desire-Even and extraordinary
Closest to their Prime- Pac
Intimidation- Slight Pac

Last edited by soonermark890 on Tue May 18, 2010 7:16 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:54 pm

Chin
Defense
Footwork
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:57 pm

In this particular fight I'd add the following

Adaptability-Floyd
Technique-Floyd
Ability to create unusual opportunities-Manny. By this I mean his speed afoot sometimes gets him in just unbelievably advantageous spots and when he does he unloads

Desire
-Even and extraordinary

The only question I have on yours is does Floyd's speed and technique together negate or overcome Manny's sheer speed advantage?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:58 pm

One other thing I left out.

I think Floyd is on the decline, however modestly. We may have yet to see the very best Manny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:59 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
In this particular fight I'd add the following

Adaptability-Floyd
Technique-Floyd

Desire
-Even and extraordinary

The only question I have on yours is does Floyd's speed and technique together negate or overcome Manny's sheer speed advantage?
Great adds Marble. I dont know. If it does Floyd will win a tough UD. If not he will get KO'd.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:08 pm

You could also add in the intimidation factor.

I dont think either fighter is afraid of each other, but I feel like Floyd is a little more wary about taking this fight, than he has been for any other fight.

I am waiting to make my pick on who wins the fight though.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:12 pm

Lot of edges to Floyd but I personally feel Manny would beat him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:12 pm

NoRegret wrote:

I dont think either fighter is afraid of each other, but I feel like Floyd is a little more wary about taking this fight, than he has been for any other fight.

Good add. Also what about who has more pressure. Pac does not need Floyd for his legacy as bad as Floyd needs Pac. Also Floyd has that 0 to worry about. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:13 pm

NoRegret wrote:

That's actually a really good point. Floyd is obsessed with that 0 on his record and I think he realizes how big a threat Manny is to it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:14 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Chin
Defense
Footwork

Chin = Floyd, he's never been down in his career.

Defense= Floyd

Footwork= Floyd
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:14 pm

What about footspeed?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:15 pm

Is Speed, hand Speed? if not add that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:16 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Is Speed, hand Speed? if not add that
Yes I will change that.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:17 pm

NoRegret wrote:

That's a really good insight.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:30 pm

IMO opinion and it's not biased because i like both for what they do i think manny is floyd's kryptonite i think as far as (hand) speed goes it's a close tie. manny has improved so much on his foot work they way hes able to spin and turn his opponets to hit them from the angles he does but floyd also is a boxer in the form of the word. I think he would take punishment in this fight but he also knows how to hit w/o being hit. this is one of those fights that could go either way and i think it all comes down to who does more better.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:31 pm

oh and by the way congrats bird and mark on the promotions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:34 pm

Deezy0814 wrote:
oh and by the way congrats bird and mark on the promotions
Thank you sir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:35 pm

Deezy0814 wrote:
IMO opinion and it's not biased because i like both for what they do i think manny is floyd's kryptonite i think as far as (hand) speed goes it's a close tie. manny has improved so much on his foot work they way hes able to spin and turn his opponets to hit them from the angles he does but floyd also is a boxer in the form of the word. I think he would take punishment in this fight but he also knows how to hit w/o being hit. this is one of those fights that could go either way and i think it all comes down to who does more better.
I agree sir.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:05 pm

Deezy0814 wrote:
what you said makes sence...hand speed for more than one punch goes to manny..speed of foot is equal.but different..here balance fluidity without bouncing gives floyd the edge..defense of course its floyd but mannys offense will negate floyds defense..floyd can be hit but you have to throw punches to hit him.manny will..reach floyd and he knows how to use it with distance..manny being a southpaw negates much of that reach advantage especialy if he wins the battle of footplacement..courage ill give to manny..taking 2 punches is not a test of courage.nooo way..smarts intelligence.floyd..instink and reactions or anticipations.manny...skin integrity as far as cuts or swelling.big advantage to floyd..angles..manny by far.this is where he can land a hatton type of punch.strenth.floyd.size.floyd..advantage if its a fast pace..manny.desire.equal.corner advantage..manny.pressure.both can handle that equal..phyc..edge to manny.slightly..history.floyd.a good bigger man usualy beats a good smaller man..manny has a good streak going there but...fans at the place live or crowd advantage..manny..hometown comfort zone.floyd..slightly..its a win for both payday wise.40-50 million each is realistic..im leaning towards a floyd to win as of today but hope manny drops him 4 or 5 times in a massacure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:03 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
Deezy0814 wrote:
what you said makes sence...hand speed for more than one punch goes to manny..speed of foot is equal.but different..here balance fluidity without bouncing gives floyd the edge..defense of course its floyd but mannys offense will negate floyds defense..floyd can be hit but you have to throw punches to hit him.manny will..reach floyd and he knows how to use it with distance..manny being a southpaw negates much of that reach advantage especialy if he wins the battle of footplacement..courage ill give to manny..taking 2 punches is not a test of courage.nooo way..smarts intelligence.floyd..instink and reactions or anticipations.manny...skin integrity as far as cuts or swelling.big advantage to floyd..angles..manny by far.this is where he can land a hatton type of punch.strenth.floyd.size.floyd..advantage if its a fast pace..manny.desire.equal.corner advantage..manny.pressure.both can handle that equal..phyc..edge to manny.slightly..history.floyd.a good bigger man usualy beats a good smaller man..manny has a good streak going there but...fans at the place live or crowd advantage..manny..hometown comfort zone.floyd..slightly..its a win for both payday wise.40-50 million each is realistic..im leaning towards a floyd to win as of today but hope manny drops him 4 or 5 times in a massacure.
Yeah what he said
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:26 am

I'm a Floyd fan...I think he has a bigger window to fight in. He can win outside and he can win inside. Pac has to be right in his comfort zone to fight and I doubt Floyd will let him stay there long.

I think Pac would need to counter one of Floyd's counters or eat one and hit him flush in the process. Once he catches him he can flurry. The x-factor for me is if PBF is really such an egomaniac that he doesn't watch tape or strategize. Pac is far from anything he's seen and if he gets caught, it could end in a flash.

If the fight gets made, I'd probably have a bunch more to say, but we're not there yet.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:05 am

Floyd is obsessed with retiring undefeated and he's a little worried about Manny. I honestly don't feel he's scared of getting hurt but he is weary of getting embarrassed. I don't think it's a factor in the fight. Even if he's tight, once he's rocked or rocks Manny, all that anxiety should disappear. I think that's good for Manny. With Mayweather, it will come down to beating Manny to the punch. I don't think he can do that. Surprisingly, I think the Pacquiao camp should watch out for Mayweather's punch. His strength is underrated. I think this is a great fight which comes down to something resembling a slug fist. I'd advise everyone to keep their money in their pockets. That said, I think Manny floors Mayweather late and wins a close but unanimous decision.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:23 am

frank the best advise indeed is keep your money in your pocket..anything other than a friendly bet like a diner or a bottle of wine or booze is foolish..i agree also mayweathers punch and strenth is not to be overlooked...in this fight i can see any possible ending happening except a draw...both have the style to beat each other..one thing i believe will happen is if this fight occurs all money records will be broken...
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:33 am

I agree dmar. This is the biggest fight of the new millennium. I can't see another fight coming close to this one for about a decade
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown   Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown Empty

Back to top Go down

Mayweather Vs Pac breakdown
Page 1 of 1