Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble?

Go down 
+5
cascade_run
SOKO
OU
Ludo
timthebim
9 posters
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble? Empty
PostSubject: Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble?   Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:25 am

Im looking at betting on this fight this weekend and i have been watching the betting line closely and last saturday Vitor was -150 and he is now even money on my sight. Do these guys know something i dont cause in my mind vitor should beat Rumble. Wondering what u guys think about it and is Vitor the right bet?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble?   Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 2:02 am

timthebim wrote:
Im looking at betting on this fight this weekend and i have been watching the betting line closely and last saturday Vitor was -150 and he is now even money on my sight. Do these guys know something i dont cause in my mind vitor should beat Rumble. Wondering what u guys think about it and is Vitor the right bet?

I saw this and thought the same thing here but I found out that people jumped on Johnson after that fighter diary video came out. Don't forget that alot of bettors are casual fans, and because they don't bet regularly they make larger bets less frequently, which impacts lines faster.

Obviously Rumble can win this, but he won't have that distinct size advantage he's used to, or the striking advantage like in his last couple of fights. He's up against one of the best fighters at 185 in his first fight there.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble?   Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:25 am

Saw yesterday that Rumble was a slight fav, thought that was crazy. People say it's an "even match"? I don't see it that way. It's not crazy lopsided but I think one guy is clearly better.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble?   Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:42 am

just like brock vs reem. If vitor gets off its a wrap if rumble can weather the storm and take him down he could control and finish. I got vitor
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble?   Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:23 pm

I got Rumble he is a beast, at his real weight class, has the power and the wrestling, and even though the lesser known fighters of the Blackzillians keep getting their asses kicked, the top guys minus Bigfoot, have brought something new to the fight game. Avoid the Swarm of punches that Vitor throws out and use his size, he's got this
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble?   Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:34 pm

cascade_run wrote:
I got Rumble he is a beast, at his real weight class, has the power and the wrestling, and even though the lesser known fighters of the Blackzillians keep getting their asses kicked, the top guys minus Bigfoot, have brought something new to the fight game. Avoid the Swarm of punches that Vitor throws out and use his size, he's got this

You really think he can take and hold Vitor down? Do you really think he's bigger than Vitor as well?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble?   Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:51 pm

i think AJ knocks out vitor
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble?   Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:09 pm

Today my sight is -125 in favor of Vitor.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble?   Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:52 pm

Ludo wrote:
cascade_run wrote:

You really think he can take and hold Vitor down? Do you really think he's bigger than Vitor as well?

11 pounds over that is a fuckin joke, I hope he gets knocked out cold, how is that even possible, dude makes 170 his last fight and now comes in at 197
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble?   Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble? EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 4:35 pm

cascade_run wrote:
Ludo wrote:
cascade_run wrote:

11 pounds over that is a fuckin joke, I hope he gets knocked out cold, how is that even possible, dude makes 170 his last fight and now comes in at 197

I agree that is nuts. BTW the line is back up to -$145.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble?   Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble? EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 4:36 pm

I see vitor slowing down of late and if he starts slow like he has I expect AJ to get off with kicks/ punches and possible TD
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble?   Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble? EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:38 pm

Now that I'm thinking about it, wouldn't most of these guys if they cut right be able to put on 15-20 pounds by rehydrating, Vitor probably said not more then 205 because that is what he knew he would be at fight time, and instead of not knowing how much your opponent put back on this time it is out in the open.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble?   Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble? EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:28 pm

at 185 205 is def reachable
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble?   Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble? EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:00 pm

vitor is clearly the better fight but at the same time the more inconsistant one. if kos was able to trade and land on aj vitor will have no problem. difference vitor is alot faster and hits alot harder. still both could be one hit away from a win.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble?   Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble? EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:58 pm

vitor should be a favorite
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble?   Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble? EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:47 am

Ended up being an easy bet for me lol.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble?   Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:32 am

OU wrote:
Saw yesterday that Rumble was a slight fav, thought that was crazy. People say it's an "even match"? I don't see it that way. It's not crazy lopsided but I think one guy is clearly better.
Should have found a way to bet. They were giving money away.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble?   Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:20 am

yeah i dont know why anyone would favor Rubble...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble?   Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble? Empty

Back to top Go down

Breakdown Belfort vs Rumble?
Page 1 of 1