Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Overeem>Brock

Go down 
+17
Andrew the Raider King
GolbeZ
Cu Bu
JerseyStyle
redvexx8
GDPofDRC
Ludo
CombatSports4Life
bobbitt15
chorky777
timthebim
Wolfgangsta
acccardinal12
captain organic
Ninja
LA
Subzero1983
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Subzero1983
White Belt
White Belt

Overeem>Brock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 2:55 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
When is the last time he fought and beat a legit guy?
Last night he demolished a guy who was in every top 10 ranking system that i saw
Back to top Go down
Subzero1983
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 2:57 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Are you fucking serious? I post facts and get negged, typical gay bullshit

umm i didn't neg you.I respect your opinion..just disagree
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 2:59 pm

Ridiculous
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 3:00 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Who has Reem beat? MMA at HW

I'd pick Brock, Carwin, Cain and JDS to beat him, and I'm sure a lot of others would agree.

Im definitely 1 that agrees. Reem looked great last night and showed he is very strong but once he got ontop of Grim it was over cause Grim has no ground game. He probably never trains on his back because he never gets there. Carwin would KO Overeem in my opion and Brock would gnp him to a bloody mess.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 3:06 pm

Some people just can't handle the truth, Reem's been beating the James Thompson's, Fujita's and Rogers' of MMA and now he's beating everyone.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 3:08 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Some people just can't handle the truth, Reem's been beating the James Thompson's, Fujita's and Rogers' of MMA and now he's beating everyone.

Him versus Fedor could really show us where he is exactly right now in his career! Hopefully it happens.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 3:34 pm

I'd like to see Overeem try to ragdoll toss Brock in a clinch. Ha! Brock wins this fight in a nice 3 round decision, Heath Herring style.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 3:45 pm

I can't believe some of the things I'm reading here
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 3:46 pm

Like what Bobbitt??
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 3:47 pm

Like this massive uprising for Overeem based on destroying some guy who doesn't even belong in the top 10
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 3:57 pm

LOL seems to be that people either love Overeem(Combat) or hate Overeem(pretty much the rest of us)!!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:02 pm

I don't even really hate the guy and I think I had him at #10 going into last night, but this just seems a little over the top to me given the number of nobodies he's been fighting
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:04 pm

Yeah I got negged for all that kind of talk
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:05 pm

I just find it hilarious that Brock is considered this unstoppable force at heavy when he's looked pretty good but still has little experience and who has he beaten? He's beaten an old ass Couture who definitely hasn't looked good since coming back and one of the most overrated heavies in the world who he is 1-1 against. Oh yeah and he went to decision with the amazing Heath Herring. The funny thing here is I love both Overeem and Brock so it's not as though I'm biased on this. I personally think it would be a good fight but there are thigns that are obvious here.

Both of them are fucking huge. Size really won't play much of a factor. Brock has the better wrestling and Overeem has the better striking. Overeem has better reach and Brock has a Rock head. Brock has shown to do well defensively on the ground while Overeem has shown great BJJ for a big man in the past. Overeem has the vast edge in experience But brock has faced better overall competition in the last 4 fights. Simply put IMO if you are going to sit there and call Overeem overatted I see no way you cannot call Brock overrated and if you think that Overeem will get straight up mauled by Brock then I'm guess you don't realize just how fucking big Overeem is. Not to mention Brocks near death experience took a lot out of him. It's going to take him a while to get back to the form he had and I don't even know if he will get by Carwin let alone being able to beat Overeem at this point.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:11 pm

Well some of us also think Carwin is legit and could beat Reem

You make solid points which a lot of us already know, yes Reem is good, but I'm not going crazy cause he beat Rogers.

You sure Reem has the edge in reach???
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:13 pm

I'd have to disagree about the near death thing, Combat. If you saw him in the octagon after Carwin beat Mir he looked just as big as he ever had. He made Carwin look tiny at the same time even in a suit and shit.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:19 pm

LudoCain wrote:
I'd have to disagree about the near death thing, Combat. If you saw him in the octagon after Carwin beat Mir he looked just as big as he ever had. He made Carwin look tiny at the same time even in a suit and shit.

Brock was bigger, but he looked broke down to me. Something just didn't look right? The surgery def didn't make him better. The guy had toxic blood from his intestines and it took a toll on his body. I wasn't in half as bad of shape when I was in the hospital for it. That shit breaks you down. Of course Brock has anything at his disposal to train and comeback so we will see.
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:20 pm

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure when I looked this up before he had the better reach. I would look it up but I'm doing a paper right now and trying to keep up on here at the same time. My paper is on media bias which isn't very hard to do.
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:22 pm

LudoCain wrote:

As long as he has been on hiatus and as long as his sickness had a hole of him there is no way anyone will convince me that he is the same guy we last saw fight in the octagon. He's a determined guy so I don't think he will lose to much but there is no way that didn't have some negative effects on him.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:24 pm

I saw some training vids and he looks better than ever, of course that's training
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:48 pm

I must admit I've been out of the game for a bit so my opinion isn't quite as important as others right now but I don't see how he is the same fighter right now. EVERY fighter coming off of long hiatus's and injuries has rust and I don't think Brock will be any different. Honetsly I hope that I am wrong.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:53 pm

Fedor, Brock, Overeem and Carwin all are horrible fighters who have faced questionable competition lately making telling how good they are vs the rest of the pile very hard. Fedor on paper has by far the best resume per last four fights and career, but even his highly ranked opposition seems shotty after the fact now with the career collapses of AA and Tim, and the exposing of Rogers by Overeem(who himself sucks).

Brock has faced Mir who he is 1-1 with and an ancient old washed up Couture( who himself lucked into the title by facing Tim[who everyone has beaten] and GG[Sucky fighter]) and a pseudo can in Herring.

Carwin has faced GG(Sucky fighter) and Mir(who only has a lucky win against the green Brock and a win against the declined Nog[who smashed the declined Couture but was nearly killed by Tim{who sucks} and a pseudo can in Herring.])

Overeem was killed by everyone at LHW until we went to HW where he has one win over the overrated Rogers(who beat the decined AA and nearly beat a sucky Fedor who only has lucky wins over AA and Tim[who both suck])

In closing the HW division is filled only with terrible loser exposed nobody scrub fighters and they all suck ass and duck everyone else, which makes it even worse since they all suck and that means they're ducking sucky fighters. (they suck)
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:34 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Fedor, Brock, Overeem and Carwin all are horrible fighters who have faced questionable competition lately making telling how good they are vs the rest of the pile very hard. Fedor on paper has by far the best resume per last four fights and career, but even his highly ranked opposition seems shotty after the fact now with the career collapses of AA and Tim, and the exposing of Rogers by Overeem(who himself sucks).

Brock has faced Mir who he is 1-1 with and an ancient old washed up Couture( who himself lucked into the title by facing Tim[who everyone has beaten] and GG[Sucky fighter]) and a pseudo can in Herring.

Carwin has faced GG(Sucky fighter) and Mir(who only has a lucky win against the green Brock and a win against the declined Nog[who smashed the declined Couture but was nearly killed by Tim{who sucks} and a pseudo can in Herring.])

Overeem was killed by everyone at LHW until we went to HW where he has one win over the overrated Rogers(who beat the decined AA and nearly beat a sucky Fedor who only has lucky wins over AA and Tim[who both suck])

In closing the HW division is filled only with terrible loser exposed nobody scrub fighters and they all suck ass and duck everyone else, which makes it even worse since they all suck and that means they're ducking sucky fighters. (they suck)

So Roy sucks too then. Damn it!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:30 pm

is this really the illegitimate forum child of Brock vs Overeem thread? already?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 1:52 am

Overeems resume without a doubt is better than Lesnars who is a bit over rated. I wont be surprised to see Carwin pull the upset.

Overeem>Brock - Page 2 2pytc2g

Overeem>Brock - Page 2 20zbu3t

Overeem>Brock - Page 2 Sl2t1x

Overeem>Brock - Page 2 2yx59av
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overeem>Brock   Overeem>Brock - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Overeem>Brock
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next