Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I hate listening to the SF crew

Go down 
+11
Wolfgangsta
KingsOwn19
chorky777
captain organic
GDPofDRC
ohiovol62
Cu Bu
bobbitt15
Birdofthad
timthebim
LA
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

I hate listening to the SF crew - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate listening to the SF crew   I hate listening to the SF crew - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 6:21 pm

I am still jsut surprised Frank does as good as he does

if you guys met a 22 year old Frank Shamrock you would be shocked how far he has come
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: I hate listening to the SF crew   I hate listening to the SF crew - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 6:25 pm

I think Frank makes good points about technical things during fights, but sometimes he let's his personal feelings out too much in his commentary and in doing so, he is not doing his job by doing the product in the cage justice. Like he pretty much said Jake Shields sucked on his way to the cage in Nashville and he stood no chance at all against Dan Henderson. He says Nick Diaz's punches don't hurt for shit...blah blah. If im running SF, i'm annoyed by that.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: I hate listening to the SF crew   I hate listening to the SF crew - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:36 pm

Not a huge Frank Fan, but I think having an actual fighter on the team is important. They have an insight a guy like Goldie or Murlo won't ever have. Only problem is the good ones are usually biased.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: I hate listening to the SF crew   I hate listening to the SF crew - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:15 am

Bas was the best as an ex-fighter/commentator

I like KenFlo a lot, he'll be great when his career in over
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: I hate listening to the SF crew   I hate listening to the SF crew - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:59 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Jacare didn't move up really in stature after this fight. For a guy who was supposed to have miles of advantage in grappling and submissions on the ground, he showed very little. The take down was his best offense in the fight but Joey kept getting up. I give him a wafer thin edge in strikes though. He gassed and put himself in a place he really shouldn't of been in the end. After the first round I was thinking this guy was gonna plant himself deep in the MW rankings but after the fight was over that idea wore off.

I donno, I chock the lack of finish and the general way the fight played out to Joe being a cagey veteran who just isn't going to be submitted easily. Maia may not have finished him either with a submission.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: I hate listening to the SF crew   I hate listening to the SF crew - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:15 pm

I know most will disagree but i actually thought Frank Mir was a solid color commentator...when he was not hanging off of Miguel Torres nutsack, he was making good calls.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: I hate listening to the SF crew   I hate listening to the SF crew - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:16 pm

I definitely liked Mir more than Bonnar
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: I hate listening to the SF crew   I hate listening to the SF crew - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:19 pm

I didn't say it but Jacare couldn't be effective on the ground or with subs because Joey wouldn't let him. The hype-o-motive was stunned.

Jacare looked pretty good, but he couldn't do much with joey other than power through with some nice take downs. Striking ended up being close, a little overall advantage to Jacare because of the first half of the fight. On the ground, well, Joey kept getting up. I still think take downs were the best weapon he was able to use against Joey in that fight. Joey deserves credit for not being finished by a guy who gets endless praise for his sub and ground work who had him theoretically right were he wanted him at several points on the ground. And it's not like Hardy surviving against GSP or anything. Jacare had himself in a bad cardio late spot that could of saw him slip up and get caught. Jacare was the clear cut winner but I could easily see how judges threw 29-28 out there for that fight. Not one sided dominance in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: I hate listening to the SF crew   I hate listening to the SF crew - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:59 pm

SF crew does suck but I think they were just as surprised as me that Joey kept getting out of those bad spots he was in.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: I hate listening to the SF crew   I hate listening to the SF crew - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 1:03 pm

Anyone except Shammy and Gus
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: I hate listening to the SF crew   I hate listening to the SF crew - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 1:41 pm

Anyone who yells "THE GREATEST UPSET IN MMA HISTORY" after seth beat kimbo is now ranked with Lil Wayne, The free credit report.com guys, and a shit eating snail.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: I hate listening to the SF crew   I hate listening to the SF crew - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:42 pm

LUCKKYYYY LUCKKYYYY
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: I hate listening to the SF crew   I hate listening to the SF crew - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:32 pm

plus one. I hate them.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: I hate listening to the SF crew   I hate listening to the SF crew - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:37 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Jacare didn't move up really in stature after this fight. For a guy who was supposed to have miles of advantage in grappling and submissions on the ground, he showed very little. The take down was his best offense in the fight but Joey kept getting up. I give him a wafer thin edge in strikes though. He gassed and put himself in a place he really shouldn't of been in the end. After the first round I was thinking this guy was gonna plant himself deep in the MW rankings but after the fight was over that idea wore off.

I donno, I chock the lack of finish and the general way the fight played out to Joe being a cagey veteran who just isn't going to be submitted easily. Maia may not have finished him either with a submission.

question there would be could Maia get the fight to the ground as easily as jacare did? And joe would have an striking edge vs Maia that he did not enjoy vs souza.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: I hate listening to the SF crew   I hate listening to the SF crew - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:41 pm

captain organic wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

question there would be could Maia get the fight to the ground as easily as jacare did? And joe would have an striking edge vs Maia that he did not enjoy vs souza.

Truth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate listening to the SF crew   I hate listening to the SF crew - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I hate listening to the SF crew
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2