Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Watched the fights with a different crew...

Go down 
+8
Birdofthad
Cu Bu
Ziggy116
chorky777
Wolfgangsta
KingsOwn19
killerofchicken
LTFG
12 posters
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Watched the fights with a different crew... Empty
PostSubject: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:29 pm

So I was invited to watch the fights with a different group of people than I normally watch with at my house. I didn't know most and only a couple of the guys are casual acquaintances, but was doing a favor for the wife since the host was her friend's husband.

What I learned... People are ignorant and the UFC is MMA. Now, this wasn't my element and I didn't try to make anyone look dumb or even explain anything in general unless a question was asked and no one stepped up with an answer (Right or wrong). Most in the room had never heard of Jake Shields (Or anyone else that's never fought in the UFC). When I calmly explained who he is and what he's done, I was asked who Mayhem, Lawler (One guy thought I meant the same Lawlor that just fought Cote) and The Goat are, and if Dan Henderson co-fights for both companies (Only a few had even heard of Strikeforce). The majority rule was that Gonzaga would win the first fight with ease because he's elite since he's fought for the title before... Tito is still a great and only has slowed due to the surgeries... And Brock Lesnar is the biggest, baddest and most skilled guy ever and would walk through Cain (Brock Smash mentality).

It would take me about an hour to type all of the examples of idiocy through outbursts during the fights (One listening impaired guy exclaimed loudly that the D'Arce choke was named after Paulo because he only heard bits and pieces of Rogan talking as everyone was pretty loud - I didn't correct him)... But to say this group was uneducated to the world of MMA would be an understatement. I don't mind doing the wife favors, but I'm going to have to draw the line in the future... I'm too damned old to be expected to tolerate this level of idiocy.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:33 pm

haha, happens all the time man. i run into these types in bars all the time
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:34 pm

killerofchicken wrote:

See, never been exposed to it. Never watched at a bar or theater and been watching with the same guys for 10+ years. I like living in my shell... lol
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:36 pm

LTFG wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

See, never been exposed to it. Never watched at a bar or theater and been watching with the same guys for 10+ years. I like living in my shell... lol
hey man, sometimes thats the best thing to do.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:00 pm

I avoid watching UFC PPV's outside of the usual group my brother and i watch the PPV's with. Sometimes we get ignorant guys but they are usually in the minority and don't act like they know what they are talking about.

The reason i don't put myself in situations like LTFG put himself is i would not be able to restrain myself from being Mr. Knowitall and correcting everybody. Then they think you're a nerd and ruining their fun. I kind of agree with that and LTFG did the right thing by not bothering to educate them. Hardcore fans hamper the viewing experience for casual fans exclusive to UFC while those casual fans hurt the viewing experience for hardcore fans.

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:07 pm

I hate the shit with a passion. Man. I was surrounded by casuals who never heard of Shogun and thought Forrest was this legit, great fighter. The whole night I corrected them. Then I stormed out of the bar. Still got the scars from my anal stitches.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I hate the shit with a passion. Man. I was surrounded by casuals who never heard of Shogun and thought Forrest was this legit, great fighter. The whole night I corrected them. Then I stormed out of the bar. Still got the scars from my anal stitches.

Haha, your Pride nuthuggery got the best of you. It happens.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:50 pm

That story was cringe-worthy...happens everytime I go to a bar tho. It's frustrating but just reminds me why it's worth the $50.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:42 pm

lol I hear all you. I have watched fights going bak to 97(mainly pride) with guys I trained with several have more than 1 pro fight. First time I was subjected to ignorance wa UFC fight night in OKC.

fuckers were yelling go go go hit him, submit aaahh hit hit.

So i started yelln gogoplata when guliard and diaz were circling.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:35 pm

My 2 favorite coments Ive ever heard from dumb asses at a bar

(Kimbo is on tv hyping the Mittrione fight) some guy says "man I love him, hes so good, I bet he wins by submission this time"

heard this one this weekend

"that guy is the legit champion in the division, he is the Bellator champion!.......right?"
-said by a guy talking about Jake Shields, I didnt kow what to say i Just said GSP is considered the man in the divsion
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:46 pm

Confusing Bellator and Strikeforce isn't that bad of a sin.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:48 pm

Whatever you say blue name
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:49 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Confusing Bellator and Strikeforce isn't that bad of a sin.

Yeah, knowing that there is a Bellator puts him notches ahead of the typical Affliction t-shirt wearing drunk casual fan.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:54 pm

true but confusing bellatr and SF is pretty bad
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 12:00 am

I don't expect casuals to keep up with every brand.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 12:25 am

It is a crazy story. That only happens at the bar anymore, always dumb shit at the bar. The bars get packed and they do family seating for UFC's, no chair gets left empty, I've sat with some real dumb asses before, i can't entertain stupidity so well when I'm buzzing trying to watch the fights, bad times. My usual 4 or 5 buds, when we watch would be a little like watching with people from here, everyone is a know it all , everyone argues dumb shit before the fight and dumber excuses after, and everyone speculates ridiculous shit all night. It's great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 12:26 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
It is a crazy story. That only happens at the bar anymore, always dumb shit at the bar. The bars get packed and they do family seating for UFC's, no chair gets left empty, I've sat with some real dumb asses before, i can't entertain stupidity so well when I'm buzzing trying to watch the fights, bad times. My usual 4 or 5 buds, when we watch would be a little like watching with people from here, everyone is a know it all , everyone argues dumb shit before the fight and dumber excuses after, and everyone speculates ridiculous shit all night. It's great.

Bring these men here.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 12:28 am

I've mentioned it but I don't think anyone has registered.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:27 am

Man I'm glad I'm not the only one. It cause of people like that, that I always watch fights with a few people. People that either know atleast alittle bit about it or atleast will admit they know nothing and are willing to learn.

I didn't get to see the fights cause I was playing a show in columbus, afterwards out back of this club these guys were talking about people that "fight ufc" as they called it. I had to actually explain that the sport and the ufc are two deferent things.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:01 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

You got that because you kept grabbing my ass tongue
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:03 am

I would say that my experience is on par with everyone here. My favorite is when everyone cheers for Guida like he is the best fucking fighter in the world. That still cracks me up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watched the fights with a different crew...   Watched the fights with a different crew... Empty

Back to top Go down

Watched the fights with a different crew...
Page 1 of 1