Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Paul Daley cut from UFC

Go down 
+8
Andrew the Raider King
Birdofthad
acccardinal12
Ninja
KrazyHorseBennett
discovery99
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Paul Daley cut from UFC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley cut from UFC   Paul Daley cut from UFC - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 1:50 am

Got Milk
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Holy SHIT : Paul Daley Done In The UFC   Paul Daley cut from UFC - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 3:26 am

This final sequence apparently didn’t sit well with Daley, who took a swing at Koscheck after the fight ended, prompting referee Dan Miragliotta to intervene and UFC President Dana White to give the fighter a talking to in the Octagon and to later release him from the UFC due to the cheap shot.

“I’m probably the most lenient guy in sports and this is probably one of the most lenient organizations, and we’re all human, we all make mistakes, things happen, but there’s no excuse for that,” said White at the post-fight press conference. “These guys are professional athletes, and you don’t ever hit a guy blatantly after the bell like that, whether you’re frustrated or not. It was probably one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen because he is a talented guy and he is one of the best 170-pounders in the world.”

“He’s done,” continued White. “I don’t care if he fights in every show all over the world and becomes the best and everybody thinks he’s the pound for pound best in the world; he will never fight in the UFC ever again

if true StrikeForce just got a great fighter, sucks cause I like Daley and cant stand koscheck
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley cut from UFC   Paul Daley cut from UFC - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 3:28 am

guess its official White says Kimbos gone to

With the win, Mitrione improves to 2-0; Kimbo, who White said at the post-fight press conference will be released from his UFC contract, falls to 4-2.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley cut from UFC   Paul Daley cut from UFC - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 5:09 am

Good he fucking deserves it! I don't care how upset or angry a guy is over the fight, the opposition, or anything, it is not professional!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley cut from UFC   Paul Daley cut from UFC - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 5:45 am

It's no surprise. Maybe the brawl pushes this move a bit, maybe it doesn't. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was gone either way. These dudes have dangerous tools and know how to use them, the state sanctioned it for 15 minuted, out side use of it in aggression at such a time and setting is as dumb as it gets and fully unlawful. Protecting the image is a significant issue in such a situation. Daley said he had a hearing problem, which is an obvious lie (as easily told by the cumulative body language between him Kos, then him and Dan. He knew the fight was over). Say you made a mistake, show remorse in your response for the actions you will be held accountable for, make some effort for atonement.

On another note, love and hate aside, Kos's post fight interview was an all time great. Also I think it is fortunate for the TUF show that Kos is on it. Don't buy Daley for position.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley cut from UFC   Paul Daley cut from UFC - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 7:01 am

Good. He does not deserve the job he had. Whatever the equation, he really broke the rules and decorum of the game. So I feel fine about it.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley cut from UFC   Paul Daley cut from UFC - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 9:34 am

He should have fired Paul Daley while they were still in the Octagon.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley cut from UFC   Paul Daley cut from UFC - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 11:26 am

but does sf pick him up right away?

I think the Mayhem brawl was def in Dana's mind when he made the decision to cut him. but will that brawl also keep sf from signing him? I think it will, at least right off the bat.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley cut from UFC   Paul Daley cut from UFC - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 11:27 am

timthebim wrote:
He should have fired Paul Daley while they were still in the Octagon.

LOL that would have been hilarious. YOUR FIRED GET UR ASS OUTTA MY OCTAGON!
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley cut from UFC   Paul Daley cut from UFC - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 11:57 am

If Dana is smart he won't give a shit about the SF brawl! Their product has nothing to do with his. People forget that some of the new places that SF has entered into, territorial, wouldn't be opened had it not been for the UFC opening the fucking door. For all the shit the DW and Zuffa take on this board, it is through their efforts and their efforts alone that more and more events are happening throughout the United States. Scott Coker just sits on his fat ass and waits for the UFC lawyers to open the door and then he waddles through like he has fighters of the same class and pay structure. That is far from the truth. They have 1 MAYBE 1 fighter who can claim that and he is fighting my grandmother's nursing assistant next month.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley cut from UFC   Paul Daley cut from UFC - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 2:08 pm

ya that woulda been nuts was annoyed they didnt show the replay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley cut from UFC   Paul Daley cut from UFC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Paul Daley cut from UFC
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2