Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My thoughts on the brawl

Go down 
+12
OU
LA
Wolfgangsta
muayjitsu
ohiovol62
KingsOwn19
Cu Bu
timthebim
Farmer1906
Ludo
ram_escandon
acccardinal12
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

My thoughts on the brawl Empty
PostSubject: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:29 am

Although it was wrong for the scuffle to break out afterwards, I don't see this affecting SF on CBS. If anything ratings will be the final say so. I know there is alot of negatives being said about this, but I think that is just people being politically correct. This was a fight card and a "fight" broke out at the end. It isn't supposed to happen, but it did and I think the buzz around this will create more people wanting to tune in to see what the outcome will be. You can take alot of stuff on TV and ask yourself why would anyone want to watch stuff like War, reality TV fights, Jerry Springer, Prime Minister Bhutto getting blown up, etc. A large percentage of human beings thrive off of stuff like this. Like I said, it may have been wrong but it will be forgotten and I can't imagine a fight fan being turned away from this sport because of that. Nobody got shanked or shot. I can also see companies wanting in on this after seeing how the MMA world has went into a frenzy talking about it. Some won't and some will. I have to go fishing now with the family so I will be back later.
Back to top Go down
ram_escandon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ram_escandon

Favorite Fighter(s) : Frank Mir, BJ Penn, Wandy, Matt Serra

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:43 am

That shit was funny. I couldn't believe what was happening. Jake Shields is just as gangsta as all his Mexican team mates.

But, yeah, everything you said makes a lot of sense. The whole time I was wondering why they didn't cut the broadcast. I would really like to know who, ultimately, makes that type of decision. Is it possible that they allowed the broadcast to continue because CBS or Strikeforce thought they would benefit from the brawl being aired?

Also, I don't support unsanctioned fights or brawls or whatever, but I think Mayhem fucked shit up last night. Shields and Melendez should've kept their cool, but I understand why they did what they did. Shields had barely even finished the first answer to his interview, and Mayhem disrespected him. What an ass.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:13 pm

Shields doesn't have any mexican team mates except for Melendez, and he's only of Mexican descent...
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:17 pm

My thought is that shit is just uncalled for. Do you think LeBron and Shaq and going to jump Kobe if Kobe interfered with an interview after the Cavs in the Eastern Conference Finals??

It draws the wrong kind of pub for the sport and makes me can't stand the Diaz's, El Nino, and Shields even more.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:35 pm

I actually told Beast that earlier that i thought it brought the wrong kind of pub. He is right that it wont turn off fight fans but to be honest it wont help gain fight fans either cause he does nothing but add to the myth that all MMA fighters are bar room brawlers.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:47 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
My thought is that shit is just uncalled for. Do you think LeBron and Shaq and going to jump Kobe if Kobe interfered with an interview after the Cavs in the Eastern Conference Finals??

It draws the wrong kind of pub for the sport and makes me can't stand the Diaz's, El Nino, and Shields even more.

Farmer they play Bsasketball and don't fight in MMA.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:54 pm

To me it just negates all the proffessionalism out of the event and relegates it to amatuer status
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:56 pm

Guys people like waatching fights. Do you honestly think a person watching for the first time thought "I won't watch this stuff anymore!" ? You can say it was wrong to jump a guy, but be honest and admit a person watching fights would not be turned away from that scuffle. You sound like the MMA sites who are turning the other cheek from fear of big wigs like McCain grounding MMA. Won't happen!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:57 pm

Cu Bua wrote:
To me it just negates all the proffessionalism out of the event (KINDA) and relegates it to amatuer status
NO WAY!

First part yes, 2nd part NO.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:03 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Guys people like waatching fights. Do you honestly think a person watching for the first time thought "I won't watch this stuff anymore!" ? You can say it was wrong to jump a guy, but be honest and admit a person watching fights would not be turned away from that scuffle. You sound like the MMA sites who are turning the other cheek from fear of big wigs like McCain grounding MMA. Won't happen!

Beast it definitely wont turn off fight fans but casual people dont want to see the 5 on 1 beatdown on a guy asking for a rematch LOL. Also like I said he gives bad pub to a sport that doesnt need it and more ammo for people like John McCain who say the sport is nothing but a bar room fight with people being allowed to beat each other to a bloody mess with no real skill.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:07 pm

timthebim wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:

Beast it definitely wont turn off fight fans but casual people dont want to see the 5 on 1 beatdown on a guy asking for a rematch LOL. Also like I said he gives bad pub to a sport that doesnt need it and more ammo for people like John McCain who say the sport is nothing but a bar room fight with people being allowed to beat each other to a bloody mess with no real skill.

I disagree with it all. A "casual person" would have turned the channel in the first fight. This isn't UFC 1 man. We have a sanctioned sport with rules and stuff like that sells fights IMO. I think SF got a huge push last night from the fights and the aftermath.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:11 pm

No way the casual fans watched the show last night and said I now love MMA!! The card had no stoppages and no real back and fourth striking action that casual fans that dont know the sport love. The 1 thing we do agree on is the casual fan did probably change the channel in the first fight last night and never seen the brawl anyways.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:16 pm

timthebim wrote:
No way the casual fans watched the show last night and said I now love MMA!! The card had no stoppages and no real back and fourth striking action that casual fans that dont know the sport love. The 1 thing we do agree on is the casual fan did probably change the channel in the first fight last night and never seen the brawl anyways.

Yeah but this is about the scuffle. Makes me think it was planned now that I saw the ratings on the first half. CBS knew by watching bandwidth and they did show the Miller fight highlights and switched it back when they could have pulled the plug. It would be marketing genious if they did plan it? I agree that the fights were boring to the casual fan. Oh and when I said casual I was kind of thinking a person that gets weak in the stomach from seeing a fight. Any kind of new fight fan would have been hyped by the aftermath. This is different from someone who is worried about it hurting MMA like a hardcore fan. I know we will all have mixed views on this though so I still love ya and hate ur Cats.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:18 pm

genius
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:25 pm

lol, you watch the interviews and twitters of all those guys afterwards it's like it didnt even happen...except Diaz bros....they were still pretty pissed.

No, if anything that brawl(and hopefully Hendo/Shields) saved some ratings in the overrun(we'll wait and see)...it was the 2 hours of non blood thirsty casual fan feeding action that hurt them the most.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:47 pm

If Mayhem is let go by SF and immediately picked up by the UFC we'll all know what really happened.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:39 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
If Mayhem is let go by SF and immediately picked up by the UFC we'll all know what really happened.

What that MTV really owns both companies? lol
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 7:38 pm

BBC your still rambling about this. Look SF said they hated it. CBS said they hated it. MMA practitioners say they hated it. Only you and some other immature guys on here say GREAT that SHIT was AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:57 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
BBC your still rambling about this. Look SF said they hated it. CBS said they hated it. MMA practitioners say they hated it. Only you and some other immature guys on here say GREAT that SHIT was AWESOME.

I know it is great right. It was still awesome my friend. I have thought about spanking it to the whole aftermath video, but I thought that might be too much so what do you think? (pants are down and I am waiting)
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:17 pm

Nobody mention Fedor, or Beast might blow a wad.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:26 pm

Everyone on the business end will say they hate it, but not everyone really will. I am sure some exec's are legitimately furious over it, and yet there will be the others they will have arguments with behind closed doors on Monday morning about this.

Brawls once in a while do more good than harm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:37 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Everyone on the business end will say they hate it, but not everyone really will. I am sure some exec's are legitimately furious over it, and yet there will be the others they will have arguments with behind closed doors on Monday morning about this.

not this time
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:44 pm

LudoCain wrote:
Nobody mention Fedor, or Beast might blow a wad.

already did. Night fellas. lol
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 12:08 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Yeah not this one, it'd be one thing if it was a highly anticipated fight between two of the top guys in the World, and this kind of stuff happened to help rep the fight, but it's Sheilds whose probably leaving and Mayhem whose a good fighter but...

Plus it included 3 of SF's Champions

This was not good
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:35 am

Mayhem's dumbass is the #1 reason for the fight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the brawl   My thoughts on the brawl Empty

Back to top Go down

My thoughts on the brawl
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next