Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

strikeforce brawl

Go down 
+8
boomer sooner
Primetyme199
bobbitt15
Cu Bu
Birdofthad
Thomasdrrn09
LA
acccardinal12
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

strikeforce brawl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:32 am

Primetyme199 wrote:
That's why they ended up cutting away from it, they didn't want it on.

Hey I heard Ice skating might be on? Why don't you go watch that. Serious my man you sound like a woman who is half McCain.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:36 am

So your fine with people turning the channel due to a brawl BBC. That is the exact point here. They are trying to attract fans and sponsors. More mature fans with money to buy PPVs and have showtime not immature ones like you. Never heard of any good sponsor saying "Oh i'd love to sponsor a brawl.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:40 am

It could be good or bad IMO. Of course any pub is good pub but MMA is still an unknown for the most part. It would be cool if SF can hold on to Jake and have him fight Mayhem on CBS again
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:42 am

muayjitsu wrote:
So your fine with people turning the channel due to a brawl BBC. That is the exact point here. They are trying to attract fans and sponsors. More mature fans with money to buy PPVs and have showtime not immature ones like you. Never heard of any good sponsor saying "Oh i'd love to sponsor a brawl.

Who would turn the channel? Maybe old ladies? Serious what guy age 15-106 would turn the channel when that happened? That is the dumbest thing you have ever said Masta Muay. I have to go puke now.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:44 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
muayjitsu wrote:

Who would turn the channel? Maybe old ladies? Serious what guy age 15-106 would turn the channel when that happened? That is the dumbest thing you have ever said Masta Muay. I have to go puke now.

There are many prudes out there. Not everyone is crazy about a brawl. Think sponsorships and backlash on CBS. It hurts them.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:50 am

muayjitsu wrote:
muayjitsu wrote:

There are many prudes out there. Not everyone is crazy about a brawl. Think sponsorships and backlash on CBS. It hurts them.

Muay you are wrong plain and simple! Prudes don't watch MMA and turn the channel after what happened. Men watch it and jump around like monkeys knocking anything out of the way of the TV if they are interrupted. You are suspect my friend and I am watching you?
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:54 am

You call that a man! lol!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:57 am

muayjitsu wrote:
You call that a man! lol!
Okay man fan. I know I loved it. Sorry you didn't
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:58 am

what happened tonight post fight was bitch assness BBC FUcking coward shit.

Not saying it wont get buzz and random people talking about it but lets not forget how far MMA has come in last few years.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:59 am

I am done with this convo. The fact that the MMA world has blown up tonight only proves me right. I know what you men by poor sportsmanship though. I hope that is what you mean. This is still gonna have the world talking and IF Strikeforce can keep Shileds then it only gets better for them and CBS. Trust me the same sponsers will stay.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:00 am

Cu Bua wrote:

Not saying it wont get buzz and random people talking about it but lets not forget how far MMA has come in last few years.

I agree in every way. Cowards jumped on him and it was stupid, but it was marketing genious at it's best. There is no getting away from that. Anderson set the sport back last week, SF just brought it back even if the brat pack are a bunch of clowns.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:05 am

Cu Bua wrote:

I agree in every way. Cowards jumped on him and it was stupid, but it was marketing genious at it's best. There is no getting away from that. Anderson set the sport back last week, SF just brought it back even if the brat pack are a bunch of clowns.

But yet you are celebrating the brawl and saying it was awesome. That is not agreeing with what CU BUA is saying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:11 am

MMA is still young, I'm sure you'll get your Bowe vs Golota riot one day Laughing
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:25 am

muayjitsu wrote:
Cu Bua wrote:

But yet you are celebrating the brawl and saying it was awesome. That is not agreeing with what CU BUA is saying.

Okay I halfway agree with him then.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:27 am

43 users online right now.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:28 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
MMA is still young, I'm sure you'll get your Bowe vs Golota riot one day Laughing

hhahhahaha

we da near had the crowd going at it
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 am

Strikeforce thread from tonight is barely over 4 hours old and it is the most active thread at Ninja's Place of all time. Can I get an AHAHAAYMEN?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:32 am

totally disagree. This thing was escalated into chaos when Shields shoved Mayhem. Yea, the Diaz bro's got involved because thats what they do, but to blame them as if they started this mess is pure stupidity.

Most blame belongs to Mayhem, not his place to step in, at least wait till Shields finishes what he has to say... if that was planned by SF, that was really poor planning

Second most blame goes to Shields for shoving mayhem.

And yet lets blame the Diaz bros , well because they're the Diaz bros. All they were doing is standing up for their team mate.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:33 am

dam thats crazy

I wonder if people thtat are mad were mad when Tank and Cabbage did the same thing in the UFC
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:35 am

MILENDEZ is the one who pushed him when they showed it in slow motion

Mayhem got dominated in a boring ass fight vs Shields

Shields just had the win of his life and Mayhem thought it was his time to get on tv, duesche move he got the ass whooping he deserved, I thought it was funny
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:37 am

oggy420 wrote:
totally disagree. This thing was escalated into chaos when Shields shoved Mayhem. Yea, the Diaz bro's got involved because thats what they do, but to blame them as if they started this mess is pure stupidity.

Most blame belongs to Mayhem, not his place to step in, at least wait till Shields finishes what he has to say... if that was planned by SF, that was really poor planning

And yet lets blame the Diaz bros , well because they're the Diaz bros. All they were doing is standing up for their team mate.

They were all to blame Oggy. I could care less because it was the first time I have got to see crazy stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:43 am

oggy420 wrote:

Oggy you practice martial arts right? So your taught to jump or swing at an opponent outside of competition? They were all in the wrong. BUT the Nick threw the punch.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:45 am

Mayhem has been beefing with Shields for months since he lost that fight....he was up there to be a shit starter and around guys like Gil and Diaz thats a bad idea.

Big John won this squabble by unanmous decision.

Mayhem should be cut IMO. He was in there looking to show up Jake Shields after the biggest win of his career and put a stinker on otherwise good night of fights.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:01 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Mayhem has been beefing with Shields for months since he lost that fight....he was up there to be a shit starter and around guys like Gil and Diaz thats a bad idea.

Big John won this squabble by unanmous decision.

Mayhem should be cut IMO. He was in there looking to show up Jake Shields after the biggest win of his career and put a stinker on otherwise good night of fights.

Yeah Big John was a force!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: strikeforce brawl   strikeforce brawl - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

strikeforce brawl
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2