Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??

Go down 
+13
GDPofDRC
OU
MMAEYES
Andrew the Raider King
Wolfgangsta
Bigs03
oggy420
Ninja
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
Ludo
captain organic
Birdofthad
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 10:21 am

Like I said, as long as BJ doesn't take this fight to the ground it should be entertaining and competitive. Frankie's boxing is very good.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:42 am

LudoCain wrote:
I want to see how Kendall Grove fares against Mark Munoz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:54 pm

Frankie did beat Sherk...standing. Sherk has the shortest arms in professional sports, Gomi or Florian would have beat that Sherk more impressively. Edgar is good but he is way too small for the former WW champion.

It may not be quite as bad as Hardy I guess, but it's still a squash match.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:57 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Frankie did beat Sherk...standing. Sherk has the shortest arms in professional sports, Gomi or Florian would have beat that Sherk more impressively. Edgar is good but he is way too small for the former WW champion.

It may not be quite as bad as Hardy I guess, but it's still a squash match.

I think he is quick enough and well rounded enough to make it a better fight then Hardy did for GSP. I think you are right about the size though and BJ's length and jabs could be a problem. But Frankie is pretty quick and a smart fighter so he could make it fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 1:09 pm

Diego Sanchez was the second best LW fighter for many until BJ made him look like a complete fool. Edgar is a good striker but this is BJ Penn here. This match isn't competitive at all.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 1:14 pm

I love Frankie, think he's a top 5 LW now and after he loses, but he really doesn't have many answers or present many problems for BJ here. I was thinking about it the other day, he has pretty solid boxing, but he's facing a guy with prob the best boxing in MMA. He's a good wrestler, but he's facing a good with solid wrestling himself and the maybe the best takedown D in MMA. IMO Frankie's chance to win is to try and push the pace and get a decision, I really don't see that happening, to me this has BJ RNC written all over it.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 1:26 pm

bj vs frankie. I think if frankie can box like he did against sherk it will be worth watching for sure.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 1:52 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I love Frankie, think he's a top 5 LW now and after he loses, but he really doesn't have many answers or present many problems for BJ here. I was thinking about it the other day, he has pretty solid boxing, but he's facing a guy with prob the best boxing in MMA. He's a good wrestler, but he's facing a good with solid wrestling himself and the maybe the best takedown D in MMA. IMO Frankie's chance to win is to try and push the pace and get a decision, I really don't see that happening, to me this has BJ RNC written all over it.

This is how I feel I love watching frankie fight I otherwise always cheer for him but this is BJ Penn he's up against
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:06 pm

BJ v. Edgar... I hope Edgar can offer something. Then Anderson, even though it will be one sided... But I hop that Maia doesn't go Leites so Anderson can give us some HL material.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:03 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I hope to see Spider lose, I always hope he loses.

You should be ashamed!

you should be glad I didn't say BJ tongue ha ha j/k. Never been a fan of Spider. While I can appreciate his skill, I have never rooted for him to win a single fight.

Me niether. I hope he loses to Maia.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:06 pm

Frankie Edgar has to score a Matt Serra like upset to have even a slightest chance. This fight does nothing for me. They say a good bigger man beats a good smaller man, but the problem with Frankie is he isn't as good as BJ in anything, and is also smaller. Y a w n.

Maia at least is better than Silva in one area and isn't at such a physical disadvantage, but I think the memory of him being lifted completely off the ground by Nate Marquardt is too fresh in my mind.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:16 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Frankie Edgar has to score a Matt Serra like upset to have even a slightest chance. This fight does nothing for me. They say a good bigger man beats a good smaller man, but the problem with Frankie is he isn't as good as BJ in anything, and is also smaller. Y a w n.

Maia at least is better than Silva in one area and isn't at such a physical disadvantage, but I think the memory of him being lifted completely off the ground by Nate Marquardt is too fresh in my mind.

Yeah that is understandable. These guys have been performing at such a high level it is hard to imagine them getting out performed. Hopefully these guys atleast put up better fights then the previous opponents, remind us these guys are human.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:49 pm

I had no interest in Gracie vs Hughes until I watched the countdown.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 5:12 pm

Unless it was against Kos or Penn or something, the thought of having to watch a washed up Matt Hughes fight literally makes me like this card less.

Hardy was at least in theory as good, and some argued better, on the feet than GSP, which left that wild card there, but Frankie is smaller than BJ and not as good at anything. Jon Fitch vs Dan Henderson doesn't interest me either.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 5:18 pm

Two title fights with two of the top four p4p fighters, a Gracie, and the (second)greatest WW of all time and yet this card is still horrible on paper to me.

It doesn't help that the undercard here is beyond garbage, especially with Phil Davis off the prelims. At least Kendall Grove being steamrolled by the Filipino Wreckingmachine gives us something to look forward too. This card is chock full of TUF rejects and the stable of lousey British fighters the UFC keeps under contract.

Oh well, cards I don't like usually end up kicking the most ass.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 5:25 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Two title fights with two of the top four p4p fighters, a Gracie, and the (second)greatest WW of all time and yet this card is still horrible on paper to me.

It doesn't help that the undercard here is beyond garbage, especially with Phil Davis off the prelims. At least Kendall Grove being steamrolled by the Filipino Wreckingmachine gives us something to look forward too. This card is chock full of TUF rejects and the stable of lousey British fighters the UFC keeps under contract.

Yo Wolf I know Phil Davis was replaced by Dave Davis but let me let you in on a little secret. It's the same person shhhhhhhh don't tell anyone.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 5:26 pm

The entire undercard and the other 2 main card bouts kinda suck dick for the most part. Hopefully they put on entertaining fights though
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:24 pm

Is this thing going to be live Saturday or only on delay?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:31 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Is this thing going to be live Saturday or only on delay?

It will air twice, at 1pm ET(LIVE) and 10pm ET

"UFC 112 takes place Saturday at Concert Arena at the Ferrari World theme park on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The night's main card airs live (1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT) and via delay (10 p.m. ET) on pay-per-view."

- got that off mmajunkie
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:44 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Jon Madson (TUF 10 alum) made the udnercard, he beat Justin Wren, who gave Nelson a tough fight, in the finale so I have a keen interest in seeing how he does cause Ive met Wren. he won a fight last January
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:34 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Jon Madson (TUF 10 alum) made the udnercard, he beat Justin Wren, who gave Nelson a tough fight, in the finale so I have a keen interest in seeing how he does cause Ive met Wren. he won a fight last January

Did you meet Wren at the show in Dallas? I saw him at the weigh ins there but didn't get a chance to meet him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??   UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In?? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 112 : Fight You Are Most Interested In??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2