Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What is next for Frank Mir?

Go down 
+9
Cu Bu
LA
discovery99
Andrew the Raider King
Wolfgangsta
Bigs03
KingsOwn19
acccardinal12
Skyab23
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

What is next for Frank Mir? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is next for Frank Mir?   What is next for Frank Mir? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:36 pm

A...weak...chin? How many guys could take that many shots and keep trying to survive from Shane Carwin. Mir's chin isn't bullet proof, but it isn't as bad as I used to think of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: What is next for Frank Mir?   What is next for Frank Mir? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:46 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Did anyone notice how gutted Dana was standing next to Brock ? You could tell Brock was loving every moment of it.

Only because I think he wanted to hype a 3rd fight between them.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: What is next for Frank Mir?   What is next for Frank Mir? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 4:19 pm

Gate keeper
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: What is next for Frank Mir?   What is next for Frank Mir? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:13 pm

He's a little too skilled to be a Gatekeeper. His standup isn't bad and his ground game is still very dangerous, he isn't on the decline and thus he's not exactly gatekeeper material. I'd say he's still a contender depending on whether the title changes hands.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: What is next for Frank Mir?   What is next for Frank Mir? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:16 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Gate keeper

Former champ is a better label for him. He's no more of a gatekeeper than anyone else while Brock is champ.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What is next for Frank Mir?   What is next for Frank Mir? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:17 pm

I was joking, but Gate keeper's aren't fighters on the decline, they're usually good fighters, but not good enough to become Champ, who wins against also lead to Title shots. I don't see Mir ever beating the big 4 Brock, Carwin, Cain and Dos Santos, so he is kind of a Gate keeper
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: What is next for Frank Mir?   What is next for Frank Mir? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:19 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I was joking, but Gate keeper's aren't fighters on the decline, they're usually good fighters, but not good enough to become Champ, who wins against also lead to Title shots. I don't see Mir ever beating the big 4 Brock, Carwin, Cain and Dos Santos, so he is kind of a Gate keeper

He's only had trouble with the big boys lately. I think he beats JDS and Cain may very well get subbed, Mir is good off his back.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What is next for Frank Mir?   What is next for Frank Mir? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:21 pm

JDS takes his head off and Cain? are you joking, Cain would murder Mir.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: What is next for Frank Mir?   What is next for Frank Mir? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:23 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
JDS takes his head off and Cain? are you joking, Cain would murder Mir.

You're a Mir hater so I'm not surprised to hear you say that. Cain wouldn't murder Mir, you're acting like Mir has no ground game and no history of subbing guys regularly.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What is next for Frank Mir?   What is next for Frank Mir? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:25 pm

No realistic, no matter how many times peole are wrong, they still come back the next time I guess.

Mir has never had a good shot, he would have no chance at getting Cain down who would murder him on the feet, And Mir wouldn't be able to get inside on JDS without getting rocked.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: What is next for Frank Mir?   What is next for Frank Mir? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:28 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
No realistic, no matter how many times peole are wrong, they still come back the next time I guess.

Mir has never had a good shot, he would have no chance at getting Cain down who would murder him on the feet, And Mir wouldn't be able to get inside on JDS without getting rocked.

Do you know how much bigger Mir is than Cain? Cain would be taking Mir down and if nothing else Mir can pull guard. We're not talking about fucking Ben Rothwell here.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: What is next for Frank Mir?   What is next for Frank Mir? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:29 pm

I think Mir, especially with the new bulk would have enough size and durability to take Cain's wrath on the ground long enough to either sweep and sub him, or just catch him with a sub.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What is next for Frank Mir?   What is next for Frank Mir? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:30 pm

Ugh, and Cain isn't Kongo, I'd actually give Mir zero chance at beating Cain, who'd keep it standing and annihilate him.

Moving on
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What is next for Frank Mir?   What is next for Frank Mir? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Mir could possibly contend with Cain. Consider Carwin's shot was blocked. Mir has added size and continues to improve on his wrestling. He would be larger than Cain. Mir has vastly improved his striking and has proven knockout power in recent fights, so it is unclear the extent either fighter would hold a striking advantage.

But the scenario postulated by LA would be far from a shock. A long time Mir critic myself, it was only very recently I felt Mir deserved the credit and ranking he gets from many. Maybe I was right all along.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What is next for Frank Mir?   What is next for Frank Mir? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:37 pm

LA be a little more realistic about these fighters and this division.

Mir could easly land a strike that wobbles Cain, as Kongo did numerous times. If Cain shot in half out on Mir like that he'd be choked to unconsciousness in under 12 seconds. Cain isn't immune to submissions either, and he just isn't as big and as powerful as Lesnar and Carwin.

Or who ever lands the first punch wins. They both could do that.

Cain probably would end up beating Mir, but it is far, far from a cut and dry fight.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: What is next for Frank Mir?   What is next for Frank Mir? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:38 pm

The only problem I have with what Mir did last night was that he was to content with being pressed against the cage. He should've worked to a better position.

Getting rocked by a Carwin punch is nothing to be ashamed of. Dude hits hard and has a ton of weight behind those hands. No one could take much of that punishment.

It's up to Mir whether he wants to get back in the title mix. If he has the right attitude rebounding from this loss he'll be back in contention in no time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is next for Frank Mir?   What is next for Frank Mir? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is next for Frank Mir?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2