Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

sf is killing me...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

sf is killing me... Empty
PostSubject: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 11:52 pm

with this 11:45 start time business.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:01 am

captain organic wrote:

Oh snap that is tomorrow. I forgot. That is a little late. Just another dumb move for an MMA company. Man they need me!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:03 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
captain organic wrote:

Oh snap that is tomorrow. I forgot. That is a little late. Just another dumb move for an MMA company. Man they need me!

no right now.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:04 am

Nevermind you meant the challengers show. My mom's bday is tom and I thought the 27th!!! Good looking on tht one too. I almost forgot. double oops!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:04 am

Yeah I figured it right after I posted my dumb comment.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:21 am

That Baily dude got busted up bad. Wilcox looked good from what I saw in the second and third.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:28 am

1997 Oregon Ducks are playing Air Force in the Vegas bowl, my pops and I go

we are in Treasure Island and my dad notices some Oregon footall players and former player TE Justin Wilcox , my pops and him started talking and when my dad asked what he was doing Justin said thinking about trying to get into the UFC, my pops told him talked about the sport and how he could get involved.

Pretty surreal to see him on StrikeForce tongiht, I called my pops and said guess who is fighting, he couldnt believe it.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:38 am

That Baily dude got busted up bad. Wilcox looked good from what I saw in the second and third.

yeah considering the reach adv that bailey had Wilcox still busted him up pretty good. top notch phyical condition as well.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:46 am

Birdofthad wrote:
1997 Oregon Ducks are playing Air Force in the Vegas bowl, my pops and I go

we are in Treasure Island and my dad notices some Oregon footall players and former player TE Justin Wilcox , my pops and him started talking and when my dad asked what he was doing Justin said thinking about trying to get into the UFC, my pops told him talked about the sport and how he could get involved.

Pretty surreal to see him on StrikeForce tongiht, I called my pops and said guess who is fighting, he couldnt believe it.

I think it's a different guy. Too young and too small to fit youre story.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:31 am

Man that judging was bogus. Galvao did not win that fight at all. Pretty bad win a 7 time gold medal bjj guy gets schooled by a tattoo artist who fights part time. He schooled Galvao too. That fight was 30-27 all day and Stewart won. Stewarts BJJ was on point.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:39 am

yikes. johnsons scar is gnarly.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:41 am

Man that judging was bogus. Galvao did not win that fight at all. Pretty bad win a 7 time gold medal bjj guy gets schooled by a tattoo artist who fights part time. He schooled Galvao too. That fight was 30-27 all day and Stewart won. Stewarts BJJ was on point.

no doubt, at least one of the judges scored it right.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:45 am

and rewinding a bit, meisha tate has a certain je ne cest quoi.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:58 am

now that was a pretty good main event, sure they were gassed but they were swinging.

I did like johnsons boxing, his jab was very good, but he did lean away from his punches a bit.

And aside from his conditioning, Mahae was better then I expected.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 2:11 am

Im an idiot it was Josh wilcox that we talked to, justin wilco his brother just left boise st to be a coach somewhere
my b guys

bummer
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:19 pm

Mahae actually looked really good but you know he'll never amount to much with cardio THAT bad. Good rock em sock em main event.

Luke Stewart vs. Andre Galvao was a robbery of epic proportions. I did give Galvao the third round, not because of the takedowns but because he landed some good knees and good ground strikes, but the first two rounds went to Stewert easily. I don't see how one judge has it 30-27 one way and another has it 30-27 the other way. Galvao BJJ is world class and he has the hardware to prove it but it's really not translating to MMA well, atleast not yet. I say he got robbed in the decision against Jason High but i remember he had High's back for the majority of the fight and could not accomplish anything from the position other than having it. I came out of this fight wanting to watch Stewart fight again, looked to be a fairly well rounded fighter with a very strong ground game, Galvao has some work to do and so do those judges.

Hard to get anything out of the Humphrey fight.

Sad to see Frausto lose

JUSTIN FUCKIN WILCOX. That guy is a baddass...watch out for him. Bailey is actually pretty good, Wilcox just made him look like an amateur. Wilcox also already holds a pretty credible dominating win over Daisuke at the Evolution card. I think it's time he fights somebody of atleast the Gurgel or Aina caliber, but i see him taking out Evangalista as of now.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:12 pm

captain organic wrote:
now that was a pretty good main event, sure they were gassed but they were swinging.

I did like johnsons boxing, his jab was very good, but he did lean away from his punches a bit.

And aside from his conditioning, Mahae was better then I expected.

I thought they were average toughman brawlers. Maybe in a few years they could shine a bit. Right now they aren't that good.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:18 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Mahae actually looked really good but you know he'll never amount to much with cardio THAT bad. Good rock em sock em main event.

Luke Stewart vs. Andre Galvao was a robbery of epic proportions. I did give Galvao the third round, not because of the takedowns but because he landed some good knees and good ground strikes, but the first two rounds went to Stewert easily. I don't see how one judge has it 30-27 one way and another has it 30-27 the other way. Galvao BJJ is world class and he has the hardware to prove it but it's really not translating to MMA well, atleast not yet. I say he got robbed in the decision against Jason High but i remember he had High's back for the majority of the fight and could not accomplish anything from the position other than having it. I came out of this fight wanting to watch Stewart fight again, looked to be a fairly well rounded fighter with a very strong ground game, Galvao has some work to do and so do those judges.

Hard to get anything out of the Humphrey fight.

Sad to see Frausto lose

JUSTIN FUCKIN WILCOX. That guy is a baddass...watch out for him. Bailey is actually pretty good, Wilcox just made him look like an amateur. Wilcox also already holds a pretty credible dominating win over Daisuke at the Evolution card. I think it's time he fights somebody of atleast the Gurgel or Aina caliber, but i see him taking out Evangalista as of now.

I can see where Galvao might have won the 3rd round. He trains with Spider so maybe he can get better? I bet Tate gets a rematch and WW title shot now.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:20 pm

did my girl Meisha Tate win?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:29 pm

oggy420 wrote:
did my girl Meisha Tate win?

she did. perhaps the best display of jj that I have seen from the woman's division.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:10 pm

replay on now, for those interested
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sf is killing me...   sf is killing me... Empty

Back to top Go down

sf is killing me...
Page 1 of 1