Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BJ says he is down to slow roll his return to WW this time

Go down 
+7
acccardinal12
Wolfgangsta
Ludo
muayjitsu
captain organic
timthebim
GDPofDRC
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

BJ says he is down to slow roll his return to WW this time - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BJ says he is down to slow roll his return to WW this time   BJ says he is down to slow roll his return to WW this time - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:55 am

I never implied it wasn't stacked either.

I should have made myself more clearer.

Last edited by Ali_1748 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: BJ says he is down to slow roll his return to WW this time   BJ says he is down to slow roll his return to WW this time - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 2:00 am

Fair enough.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: BJ says he is down to slow roll his return to WW this time   BJ says he is down to slow roll his return to WW this time - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 2:15 am

LudoCain wrote:
Two fighters, one of which couldn't touch the top five doesn't make a stacked division. Truth is if it wasn't for GSP running the table the division would already be considered much more competitive than it is already. Rumble, Semtex, Fitch, Alves, Koscheck, Hardy, Paulo Thiago, Saunders and Ellenburger(not quite top ten talent but tons of talent between those guys). How can you argue that division DOESN'T have depth?

Jake Shields couldn't touch the top five at WW in the UFC? Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: BJ says he is down to slow roll his return to WW this time   BJ says he is down to slow roll his return to WW this time - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 2:22 am

We've been over that already, Bobbitt. I'll see if I can find the thread and paste the link.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: BJ says he is down to slow roll his return to WW this time   BJ says he is down to slow roll his return to WW this time - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 2:40 am

Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: BJ says he is down to slow roll his return to WW this time   BJ says he is down to slow roll his return to WW this time - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:35 am

BJ is the man I was about to leave work yesterday went to his website just to check it out before I left and he was showing this interview live. Him sitting by the beach talking on a conference call with the media, edgar, anderson, maia. Good stuff
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: BJ says he is down to slow roll his return to WW this time   BJ says he is down to slow roll his return to WW this time - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 11:39 am

Route I'd like to see him take to the WW title match.

1. Carlos Condit - top 15ish fighter with some decent tools to game with. (Does any one else have a feeling Condit will end up fighting Swick soon?)

2. Matt Serra - Another 15 to 10 kind of guy riding benefit of the doubt kinda hype lately.

3. Hardy - Because Hadry won't be champ( I don't think) and Goldie will say "Hardy's meteoric rise in the WW division is from his incredible striking ability, BJ will have what could be his most difficult and important match in all of MMA history'

4. At this point he is either fighting GSP or Kos/Fitch/Alves/Thiago in title or vacated title match.

His third fight could actually be the title fight because we know the guy is always hungry. I think if that is the case it will be against GSP and it will be GSP's final fight at WW which, if he wins, he will vacate the title. BJ would then fight another fight before fighting against the winner of who ever fought the vacated title match. The possibility of a Matt Hughes fight always lingers in there somewhere as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BJ says he is down to slow roll his return to WW this time   BJ says he is down to slow roll his return to WW this time - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

BJ says he is down to slow roll his return to WW this time
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2