Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The return of the greatest HW of all time!

Go down 
+5
Birdofthad
timthebim
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
Farmer1906
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

The return of the greatest HW of all time! Empty
PostSubject: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptySun May 27, 2012 8:39 am

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:33 pm

Funny, in a living room with 12 mma fans, h core to casual with even one first timer, and not one single fuck was given.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptySun May 27, 2012 3:37 pm

As soon as I saw Brock chatting to Dana I had a bad feeling he'd be wanting a comeback.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptySun May 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Good for Brock. Even if he isn't/never was the best HW around, he is still an exciting fighter and a big draw. Do this correctly. Give him a tune up fight against a solid HW. Stefan Struve, Roy Nelson, Bigfoot, Gonzaga, Lavar, Rothwell, Hunt etc. You could always do Mir vs Brock 3. None of those would be bad fights. Don't give him Cormier, Cain, JDS, Barnett or Carwin. Those are not the fights he needs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:28 pm

I want Lesnar v Nelson. Probably hard to sell Nelson in a main event though.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:55 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Good for Brock. Even if he isn't/never was the best HW around, he is still an exciting fighter and a big draw. Do this correctly. Give him a tune up fight against a solid HW. Stefan Struve, Roy Nelson, Bigfoot, Gonzaga, Lavar, Rothwell, Hunt etc. You could always do Mir vs Brock 3. None of those would be bad fights. Don't give him Cormier, Cain, JDS, Barnett or Carwin. Those are not the fights he needs.

Wolf you are right.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:17 am

Nelson vs Lesnar would be an awesome PPV. Nelson has a particular fanbase and while some people can't get over the belly, he has enough KO's by now I think to be an intriguing match up even for doubters. The fight would have a certain WWE flare to it. I wanna see it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:33 am

Also, when did JDS leave farmer?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:58 am

I think your right wolf, only way we get Brock back on this train is feed him some stiffs, kinda like Tyson post prison where he got Peter McNeeley (and 1.2 million ppv buys fuckingHILARIOUS), followed by Bruce Seldon and Frank Bruno.

in honesty it is clear Heath Herring was past his prime and no longer close to being a threat when Brock smashed him and it was huge in boosting Brocks confidence
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:05 am

Brock needs a mid level guy. There are no easy fights in the UFC amirite? That said, give the man an easy one. Fighting Mir, Carwin, Cain and Overeem is no easy task. He can have a tune up. His confidence, brand, skillset and career would be very much benefited by it.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:23 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Brock needs a mid level guy. There are no easy fights in the UFC amirite? That said, give the man an easy one. Fighting Mir, Carwin, Cain and Overeem is no easy task. He can have a tune up. His confidence, brand, skillset and career would be very much benefited by it.

the fact that Brock clearly doesn't have a chin is a huge problem when you are competing in the UFC heavyweight division. It means virtually anyone with good stand up can get you at any time. I think Brock gets smashed by most of the top 15, right now USA today has him ranked #22 and I think thats about right.

IMO he needs to work his way up the ladder but that won't happen. If the UFC was smart they would realize the best thing for their brand is Brock coming back and getting wins. They need to build him up with at least 2 reasonable fights (and by reasonable I mean no one in the top 5 of the division and probably like 10-15 material for his first fight and 8-15 for his second fight.

Biggest thing and smartest thing Dana can do is open his wallet for a 1 time deal with Fedor, work something out with Vince McMahon, get Fedor vs Brock, let Brock kill the old version of Fedor, take care of his WWE contract and come back to UFC in special bouts like Hulk Hogan. At the end of the day thats what Brock wants, he wants to fight and compete, but he doesn't want to jump through all the hoops. I know that will never happen but it would be smart.

In reality, if he comes back. Expect him vs Mir 3.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:20 am

Old Fedor kills Old Brock. Sorry. Don't care about the Silva fight. One right hand homie.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:27 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Old Fedor kills Old Brock. Sorry. Don't care about the Silva fight. One right hand homie.

I think we would see Brock wrestle fuck Fedor and bust him up ala Big Foot.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:27 am

trust me I don't like saying that though
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:42 am

Brock aint Bigfoot. Don't care that fight.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:05 am

i think he was only considering it if Mir got the strap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:06 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:

That's what I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:31 am

I think its the only big time fight they can push (Mir coming off title challenge) vs Lesnar (former Champ) in their rubber match
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:39 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Then successfully defended against Cain? Brock wouldn't have gotten an immediate shot and I don't think he wants anymore of Cain.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 5:23 am

Brock wasn't gonna leapfrog 3 other dudes coming off two bad losses. The PPV dollars aren't there for the WWE I heard at the press conference. Lesnar knows he can still win some fights against solid UFC HW's. No reason to not fight.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:20 pm

Former UFC Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar
was a very visible member of the audience at UFC 146. UFC president
Dana White told reporters at the post-fight press conference he would be
meeting with Lesnar face-to-face later that night and that "anything
(was) possible."

Well the cold water is already being poured on that parade. Dave Meltzer reported the following at the Wrestling Observer:

Brock Lesnar and Dana White met last night. We don't have any
details other than the meeting did not go well. If Lesnar being at UFC
is mentioned on Raw, then I'd guess it's WWE angle. If it's not, then
it's anyone's guess what the game being played is, other than there is a
game being played.

Sergio Hernandez offered some analysis of the cryptic Meltzer over at Cageside Seats:

It's unclear what (Meltzer) means by that. Perhaps the aforementioned
theory is true and Lesnar plus Vince McMahon is simply using the UFC.

Or maybe Dana White -- who has had meetings with McMahon in the past -- is helping an old friend with his new gig?

In a conversation on Twitter, my Cageside colleague Geno Mrosko said
if anything which occurred last night in Las Vegas is mentioned tomorrow
night on Raw, it will confirm everyone is playing their part in a
well-orchestrated ruse.

Brock Lesnar has apparently parlayed his high profile with casual
fans into yet another stint as the roadrunner to Dana White's coyote.
Not bad for a guy whose last two fights in the UFC were anything but
spectacular performances.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/5/28/3048132/ufc-146-brock-lesnar-dana-white-wwe-mma-news
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:23 pm

I tend to think ruse. Brock isn't coming back and he especially isn't going to come back to fight and most likely lose/be embarrassed by a mid level UFC HW. All posture and fluff for marketing to little kids and WWE fanboys here.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:42 pm

Possibly, but Lesnar hasn't been performing well with PPV buyers I heard in the WWE. And he is a competitive guy. Who else wrestles in college, plays in the NFL and then joins the UFC at 30? He probably asked for money White wasn't interested in paying.

You know my stance on Lesnar, but there are a lot of winnable fights for him around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:55 pm

Scrap Big Nog vs. Kongo and make Brock vs. Big Nog.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 11:43 pm

Brock vs Big Nog would be a fun fight.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The return of the greatest HW of all time!   The return of the greatest HW of all time! Empty

Back to top Go down

The return of the greatest HW of all time!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next