Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kimbo can make all of us his fans if

Go down 
+10
GolbeZ
bobbitt15
GDPofDRC
SOKO
JerseyStyle
Cu Bu
NoRegret
captain organic
KingsOwn19
acccardinal12
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Kimbo can make all of us his fans if Empty
PostSubject: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:51 am

he ends up fighting James Toney. It could be great for MMA vs the boxing haters. Kimbo has good stand up, but he is not a Boxer. Toney is a former champion many times over, yet over the hill. Kimbo is a newbie in MMA for real. He has shown dedication to MMA and was cool about being on TUF. When Kimbo was fighting on the streets, James Toney was a champion or atleast a top contender in some weight class. I think we will all be cheering for Kimbo against Toney. If he wins we will grow to like him more and want to see him fight again. I hope he does one of those judo throws on Toney (like he did on Alexander), gets a take down, does a minute of GnP, lets Toney up and knocks Toney out. I would then say I am a Kimbo fan.

So what do you say? Would you be a Kimbo fan if this happens?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:01 am

I'll be rooting for James Toney.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:06 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:

You are the Devil!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:40 am

I've been a fan of Kimbo since Youtube, and if he fights and beats Toney, that would be his 2nd win over a noteworthy boxer.

But yeah Kimbo vs Toney makes great sense.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:20 am

What happened to Kimbo vs. Meathead?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:22 am

NoRegret wrote:
What happened to Kimbo vs. Meathead?

pretty sure Kimbo Toney is pure speculation.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:24 am

ohhhh, okay haha.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:27 am

kimbo better learn a double
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:37 am

IMO Toney would school Kimbo. Kimbo has no take down and would get tagged coming in for a take down attempt.

Quote :
I'll be rooting for James Toney

Against Kimbo , me too
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:59 am

I would root for kimbo for MMA sake but doubt he would make it past the firs round with toney. Yeah kimbo better learn a double or hell a single if he was going to have a chance.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:05 am

Kimbo vs Mercer?

I don't see how this would be all that different.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:46 am

Idk how you guys are saying Kimbo has NO takedowns...I take it you guys missed his pretty disgusting suplex of Houston Alexander.

Im going to have a hard time believing that Toney would have anything more on the ground than kimbo and would be shocked if he had any takedown defense to stop any sort of takedown.

I think its funny that Dana will keep giving him fights against less than stellar competition and then hyping up his fights like its a main event bout.

Like on the commercials i've seen about the PPV where he's fighting Mitrione...thats not exactly a headliner fight...hell that should be a prelim but Dana is hyping it up to be this big fight that its not.

Its a smart business move on Dana's side though, cant fault him there.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:44 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
One of my favorite boxers ever. Since he knocked out Tim Littles. Honestly, I could see Kimbo fighting scared as fuck against Toney. He would get KO'd bad. It's kind of laughable that Kimbo would be 'MMA' in a battle of mma vs boxing, or that we would all be inclined to cheer him on because of it. This thread already has a familiar feel to it.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:51 pm

NoRegret wrote:
Idk how you guys are saying Kimbo has NO takedowns...I take it you guys missed his pretty disgusting suplex of Houston Alexander.

Im going to have a hard time believing that Toney would have anything more on the ground than kimbo and would be shocked if he had any takedown defense to stop any sort of takedown.

I think its funny that Dana will keep giving him fights against less than stellar competition and then hyping up his fights like its a main event bout.

Like on the commercials i've seen about the PPV where he's fighting Mitrione...thats not exactly a headliner fight...hell that should be a prelim but Dana is hyping it up to be this big fight that its not.

Its a smart business move on Dana's side though, cant fault him there.

He is still fighting Mitrione. I agree with you though. Kimbo looked like he had picked up alot in the Alexander fight. He should be more rounded than before and hope he has worked on his cardio.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:27 pm

I seriously think Toney would fucking knock Kimbo out
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:19 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I seriously think Toney would fucking knock Kimbo out

there is absolutely no way kimbo stands with him .. Kimbo will listen to his camp .. I dont know why people want to see this fight .. it will be someone who isnt a good wrestler trying to take someone down..

I can see kimbo going for a takedown and Toney getting DQed by a big punch to the back of his head.
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 4:22 pm

Quote :

How many jabs did Houston throw to keep Kimbo away? Houston threw a couple of pitter pat leg kicks one that dropped Kimbo. No way Kimbo has the balls to rush Toney knowing James could knock him out.

As for Kimbo's punching power? Toney rolls a punch like no other can. Toney VS Kimbo I'll take Toney all day long. Someone like a Cain , Mir or Brock no way.

James has also went 12 rounds. Did you see what Kimbo looked like after two rounds? Have another cigarette Kimbo.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 5:00 pm

JerseyStyle wrote:
Quote :

How many jabs did Houston throw to keep Kimbo away? Houston threw a couple of pitter pat leg kicks one that dropped Kimbo. No way Kimbo has the balls to rush Toney knowing James could knock him out.

As for Kimbo's punching power? Toney rolls a punch like no other can. Toney VS Kimbo I'll take Toney all day long. Someone like a Cain , Mir or Brock no way.

James has also went 12 rounds. Did you see what Kimbo looked like after two rounds? Have another cigarette Kimbo.

Thanks for the negative vote ya dick, expect me to neg you for no reason anytime you post something I disagree with.

K thanks.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 5:09 pm

You point has been restored JerseyStyle.

He did not neg your post...i did. Nothing personal..just Kimbo sucks and so did that particular post. It won't happen everytime i disagree with somebody, just when i read something like Kimbo is good at takedowns.

I was not going to say anything because rep points are not of much relevance but it would be bitch made to let somebody else get blamed for a neg rep.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 5:11 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
You point has been restored JerseyStyle.

He did not neg your post...i did. Nothing personal..just Kimbo sucks and so did that particular post. It won't happen everytime i disagree with somebody, just when i read something like Kimbo is good at takedowns.

I was not going to say anything because it's rep points are of much relevance but it would be bitch made to let somebody else get blamed for a neg rep.

Well next time, give me a heads up before I make a doucher of myself. Jersey, I will restore your point tomorrow.

Kings, since you owned up to it, I wont neg you.

But next time, dont misinterpret what I am saying. I never said he had GOOD takedowns...im saying dont say he has NO TAKEDOWNS.

That would be ignorant.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 5:18 pm

he has no takedowns.
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 5:29 pm

Quote :
Thanks for the negative vote ya dick,

Dude I'm lost. I did not neg your post. I read what you posted and posted how I felt. Nothing more nothing less. This is the reason I never joined the ESPN board.

Nothing wrong with an open debate or members not seeing eye to eye. I have said from jump street I am not as big of a MMA fan as most here. I don't come off as knowing as much as you guys.

Sorry if you felt I disrespected you man. I didn't.

EDIT : I see it was cleared up. Guess I should have read a couple posts down lol.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:33 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
he has no takedowns.

It's relative. Kimbo is a well trained MMA fighter at this point vs Toney.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:05 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
he has no takedowns.

I;m not going to act like I read this thread, but if your talking Kimbo then you might wanna watch the Mercer & Houston fights.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:13 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
he has no takedowns.

I;m not going to act like I read this thread, but if your talking Kimbo then you might wanna watch the Mercer & Houston fights.

... seen them... he has no takedowns in the same way that I cant cook.

edit- I can make some bombbbb Kraft Mac n Cheese.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo can make all of us his fans if   Kimbo can make all of us his fans if Empty

Back to top Go down

Kimbo can make all of us his fans if
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next