Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?

Go down 
+15
OU
Andrew the Raider King
Bigs03
captain organic
muayjitsu
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
Ninja
bobbitt15
GolbeZ
acccardinal12
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
timthebim
LA
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?
GSP
What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 Vote_lcap44%What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 12 ]
Anderson Silva
What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 Vote_lcap22%What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 6 ]
Lyoto Machida
What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
BJ Penn
What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Brock Lesnar
What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Cain
What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
 0% [ 0 ]
No one will ever pass Fedor
What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 27

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 11:18 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Lol at machida
It's crazy now, but he had the same kind of hype back then that Jon Jones does now. People thought he came in and changed the game.

His style was figured out. It's ok. I've believed in some false hype too.
I wasn't one of the 4 who voted Machida, I'm just saying at the time this question was asked he was pretty much equal to where Jon Jones is now.
Back to top Go down

What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 11:44 am

OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Lol at machida
It's crazy now, but he had the same kind of hype back then that Jon Jones does now. People thought he came in and changed the game.

I wasn't one of the 4 who voted Machida, I'm just saying at the time this question was asked he was pretty much equal to where Jon Jones is now.

I don't think he was where Jones is now.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 11:48 am

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Lol at machida

I don't think he was where Jones is now.
Not far behind. He had enough hype to receive 4 votes as the potential GOAT. He had alot of hype, a lot.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 12:52 pm

OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Lol at machida

Nah he had the same hype Bones had about 3 fights ago. Bones has now Exceeded that level. Though there is certainly still time for him to hit a rut that takes him out of the mix.

But do indeed lol at Brock.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 12:55 pm

Machida was an example of in the heat of the moment in a way. He was very worthy of high praise, but the GOAT talk was silly, even then I thought.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 12:58 pm

The list now would look like?

GSP
Anderson
Aldo
Jones
Hendo
JDS
Cruz
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:33 pm

OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Lol at machida

Machida should not have defended his title. This is after he should have lost a 5 round decision to Shogun. Jones on the other hand has defended it 3x. Machida should have not been as highly regarded as Bones is now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:57 pm

OU wrote:

GSP
Anderson
Aldo
Jones
Hendo
JDS
Cruz

No at Hendo and Cruz, hell no.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 pm

Can we put a gag order on Freak for any topic in which Hendo's all time rank comes into play? It's borderline criminal how Hendo gets underrated in Australia.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 11:47 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

GSP
Anderson
Aldo
Jones
Hendo
JDS
Cruz

Agreed. Maybe no JDS yet either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:26 pm

Silva
Bones
Hendo
JDS
Aldo
GSP
Cruz
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 6:38 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

GSP
Anderson
Aldo
Jones
Hendo
JDS
Cruz

Agreed. Maybe no JDS yet either.

I agree JDS is a def not yet, should not be in the discussion at this point. I don't like Cruz on there either. But Hendo should def be in the mix being as how he is one win away from a really good argument.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 6:43 pm

Hendo is a fucking legend. Too much disrespect. I don't believe in goat but I think Hendo could state his case along side fedor Anderson chuck etc.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 6:51 pm

jewzilla wrote:
Hendo is a fucking legend. Too much disrespect. I don't believe in goat but I think Hendo could state his case along side fedor Anderson chuck etc.

Well Chuck is not really in the mix imo.

And GSP and Anderson have put togethor dominant streaks that Hendo has never really matched.

But he does have huge wins, and a very long career. Imo he needs the win over jones to seriously be in the GOAT mix. Even then he's prob a step down from the other guys because of the above reason, but he's right there below them, and thus in the mix.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:31 pm

captain organic wrote:
jewzilla wrote:

And GSP and Anderson have put togethor dominant streaks that Hendo has never really matched.

But he does have huge wins, and a very long career. Imo he needs the win over jones to seriously be in the GOAT mix. Even then he's prob a step down from the other guys because of the above reason, but he's right there below them, and thus in the mix.

The thing that could vault him ahead is his accomplishments against some of the best fighters across three weight classes. He beat the best heavyweight of all time, one of the best light heavyweights of all time(and some called Shogun THE best light heavyweight of all time). There aren't many fighters who have such high profile wins as Hendo does. Streak or not the guys he fought and beat especially with such a long career now is truly remarkable. For Hendo to not even be in the discussion is a slight in and of itself.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:55 pm

Right now, just these 5. Cruz and JDS maybe, but it is still too soon for those guys I think.

Hendo
Silva
St. Peirre
Bones
Aldo
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:11 pm

Ludo wrote:
captain organic wrote:
jewzilla wrote:

The thing that could vault him ahead is his accomplishments against some of the best fighters across three weight classes. He beat the best heavyweight of all time, one of the best light heavyweights of all time(and some called Shogun THE best light heavyweight of all time). There aren't many fighters who have such high profile wins as Hendo does. Streak or not the guys he fought and beat especially with such a long career now is truly remarkable. For Hendo to not even be in the discussion is a slight in and of itself.

To not be be considered the Greatest fighter of all time is a slight? Nah, one can still be considered an all time great without being in the GOAT mix. And thus should not feel a slight.

But it is a difficult argument to say he is the Goat when Silva has reeled off 16 wins(would prob be 19 without the DQ) in a row including submitting Hendo.

Real good argument for top 5 all time for Hendo(probably a lock with a win over Jones). Don't think anyone will (honestly) put him top 3 though even with a win vs Jones.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:21 pm

We could also ask "how many of these guys will surpass Fedor on the all time list?".

Cause maybe Hendo gets that nod at some point.

But we would then also need to distinguish between how good each guy was at their peak vs's overall career. And then figure out just which discussion we are having.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:49 pm

captain organic wrote:
Ludo wrote:
captain organic wrote:
jewzilla wrote:

To not be be considered the Greatest fighter of all time is a slight? Nah, one can still be considered an all time great without being in the GOAT mix. And thus should not feel a slight.

But it is a difficult argument to say he is the Goat when Silva has reeled off 16 wins(would prob be 19 without the DQ) in a row including submitting Hendo.

Real good argument for top 5 all time for Hendo(probably a lock with a win over Jones). Don't think anyone will (honestly) put him top 3 though even with a win vs Jones.

I never said not being considered the greatest is a slight. I said to not even include him in the discussion is a slight, since we do have some people who seem to think he isn't even in the running.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:21 pm

Hendo isn't even the GOAT of any division.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 12:39 pm

freakzilla wrote:

as Ludo noted he gets bonus points for success across numerous weight divisions.

And he starts to get legit LHW goat consideration if he beats Bones. The list of names he has already beaten at LWH is very impressive(you might want to give it a look Freak). Add in a guy like Bones who himself is on a gnarly tear, and Hendo jumps way up. Now, imo he's not winning that fight, I think he gets his ass handed to him(and this is in part the reason a win here would be so big for legacy discussions), but being as though he is just one win away from getting legit consideration, that just shows that he is already in the discussion.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 2:31 pm

freakzilla wrote:

I'll make it easier for you. Find Me another MMA fighter not named Dan Henderson who held a major title in two divisions, concurrently or not, and beat a top 3 all time heavyweight, and has victories over at least one all time top 5 light heavyweight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:15 pm

He's an all-time great for sure and I have him in the 6-10 range for all-time. Just doesn't crack my top 5. TRT has revived his career big time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever?   What fighter has the best chance to overtake Fedor as the Greatest Fighter Ever? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3