Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia

Go down 
+9
Birdofthad
Ludo
Farmer1906
LA
NoRegret
Primetyme199
timthebim
Wolfgangsta
acccardinal12
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
I remember seeing Jens Pulver (Sylvia's childrens godfather) before the fight saying how stupid it was of Tim to accept the Mercer fight

he said this is a former heavyweight belt holder, you dont go try and trade with him. Why would you?

I will look for the video it was pretty neat

I remember that video
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:17 am

Damn some people are still so angry with Barnett that Sylvia beating him would mean he isn't a top ten fighter in 2010. How different things are from just a year ago, when Barnett was top five and Sylvia still top ten.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:30 am

I wouldnt put Timmy in the top 10 even with a win over Barnett either. There are too many good young HWs now.

1. Fedor
2. Brock
3. Mir
4. Carwin
5. Nog
6. Cain
7. Grim
8. Overeem
9. JDS
10. Werdum

This is 10 HWs that would still be ahead of him in no real order but the point is even with a Barnett win he isnt cracking top 10, but maybe 13-15 range I would think.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:49 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Damn some people are still so angry with Barnett that Sylvia beating him would mean he isn't a top ten fighter in 2010. How different things are from just a year ago, when Barnett was top five and Sylvia still top ten.

Factor in a year ago we didn't have guys like Carwin, Cain, and Santos established quite yet.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:58 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Factor in a year ago we didn't have guys like Carwin, Cain, and Santos established quite yet.

I am fully aware of that fact. I still think the winner of this fight is at least worthy of a 10 spot with their resumes as established top fighters, over cuspers like Werdum, Rogers or Carwin, and even Arlovski, who hasn't been very active since those two devastating knockouts to Fedor and Rogers.

Last edited by Wolfgangsta on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 2:27 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Thats cause Barnett was cheating using roids in his first fight and got caught when he had to take that Fedor Blood test also months back. The dude has done nothing but use PEDS since he came to Affliction and SF. As for Timmeh he just got his butt kicked and looked like a fool since then to most people. So to me if the 12 guy gets beat by the 18-19th guy they don't belong in the top ten.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 2:31 am

AMIRITE?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 2:39 am

I dont have Timmy top 10, in my latest ranking I had Barnett tied for 10 with Overoid
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 2:48 am

Birdofthad wrote:
I dont have Timmy top 10, in my latest ranking I had Barnett tied for 10 with Overoid

the roid guys battle it out for tenth place. lol
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 5:20 pm

Pudz via kicking Tim's leg in half.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:33 am

timthebim wrote:
Has any1 fell off faster than Timmy in this sport or what?

+1 lol
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:15 am

I am gonna go with the guy who knows very little, but is in great shape to pummel Sylvia and defeat him with fist-to-face technique.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: RE: a couple post on page 2   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:19 pm

I still don't get why a win over Gabriel Gonzaga shoots somebody in the top 10 or even peoples top 5. It's the only win of note Carwin has...i mean really guys. He has done nothing to bump Barnett or move ahead of anybody else in the top 10 and he has not been all that active himself. The guy very well might turn out to be pretty good but as of now, he's not proven shit to even be in the title picture with guys like Brock, Cain and Mir. People act like it's unanimous that he's in the top 10 like "well, there wasnt Shane Carwin before" like Carwin has been ripping through the competition and bumping guys out...excuse me if i snicker at that. He beat some nameless cans after joining the UFC and non top 100 wikipedia red names before untill he beat barely top 20 Gabe and he looked like an unwiped asshole in that fight until he clipped Gabe. The fact that i think Gonzaga could beat him on any given night and anybody who actually watched that fight would think the same speaks volumes of where Shane Carwin really stands in the UFC and overall.

Seriously, the UFC only gave this guy a shot originally because he's already up there in years. He's a big guy that they can attempt to sell as a legitimate physical match for Brock Lesnar even though he's really not. They got a nice highlight package of him knocking out a few toilet scrubbers and thats it. The fact that he's fighting Frank Mir while JDS continues to step down in competition is an absolute joke. dos Santos should have got the fight with Frank Mir and Carwin should be setting up to fight Gilbert Yvel or Ben Rothwell or something because while he's been sitting around waiting for a completley undeserved title match...JDS and Cain Velasquez were building true status and not manufactured status.

Carwin has done enough with a win over Gabe to be HM or maybe crack the top 10 based on expectations...However he is in the bordeline area..not just unanimously inserted in the middle of the top 10...and now ranked ahead of Big Nog and Josh Barnett by some people. Get real.

It's all hype and it will show when he drops off every top 10 when Frank Mir makes him look silly in every phase of MMA...and we'll have a bunch of "it's official....Shane Carwin is overrated" threads and Frank Mir will get virtually no credit for beating him because Carwin would have probably never belonged in the cage with him in the first place. If Carwin wins, well, my point here still stands as in he undeservingly got hot shotted up the rankings and he's just now proving he belongs there...kind of like Lesnar did but i'm going to go out on a limb and say Shane Carwin won't be no Brock Lesnar.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:30 pm

UFC gives Pudz a look after he beats Timmy
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:48 pm

kings own just destroyed Shane Carwin hypetrain.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:54 pm

Kings is just a Carwin hater, but I bet he buys into Rogers ironically.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:41 pm

Not true blitz, i have no reason to "hate" Shane Carwin and i don't.

I think Rogers is overrated as well, i don't know how long he'll be in the top 10 but he's fought better competion. He atleast had to face top fighters to earn his slot in the rankings. He beat AA and he went into the second round with Fedor. AA was top 10 when Rogers finished him so by laws of top 10 rankings, you atleast get the spot of the person you beat. He did better against Fedor than anybody has for a long time. Am i saying that Carwin couldent do that or that Rogers is better? not really, but rankings are based on what you've done...not what they could do. Carwin may be able to do a lot, but so far he has not done shit.

Fact is, Rogers dispatched top 10 fighter in 22 seconds and fought the #1 fighter. Like it or not, he has earned his top 10 ranking...most people put him there reluctantly but you can't deny that Rogers has fought two of the best, including the best over the past year and came out of both of those fights, even a loss to Fedor with more respect than he had going in. Sherdog actually moved him up in the ranks after he lost. AA was probably a fluke but i thought Gonzaga looked to be the better between him and Carwin until he got clipped, so theres that.

Gonzaga is not a top 10 fighter, maybe not even top 15 and not to mention that was a year ago. So couple in the fact that A) Carwin has hardly fought anybody B) He has been inactive...just makes no sense.

All signs point to Carwin being a good fighter, i'm not denying that but i'm denying his legitimacy in the discussion with Brock, Mir, Cain and Nogueria and his gift wrapped top 10 ranking.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:44 pm

blitz huh, +1 for that, also for a solid reply
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:57 pm

I'm guilty of this as well of ranking guys based on what they could do rather than what they done. It might of been the ranking before the last one i did where i ranked Overeem #10 even though he has not really done anything to earn that slot but nobody is shooting him past Josh Barnett or Big Nog for fucks sake..#9 and #10 are kind of a crap shoot anyway. Like i said, Carwin is #9 or #10 if in at all based on his record in strengh of competition IMO.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:32 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Kings is just a Carwin hater, but I bet he buys into Rogers ironically.

Yo how is a dose of complete well rounded logic on Carwin "hate" and how does that relate to your own hate of Rogers?
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:32 pm

Officials from KSW, a promotion based in Pudzianowski's native Poland, today announced the 33-year-old returns at KSW XIII on may 7th, though an opponent has not been revealed. You can bank that it won't be Tim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia   Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Former Wolrds strongest man to fight Sylvia
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2