Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MFC 24 next Friday.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

MFC 24 next Friday. Empty
PostSubject: MFC 24 next Friday.   MFC 24 next Friday. EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 8:58 pm

They have an internet PPV for this card going head to head with a Strikeforce challengers. It is a good thing HDnet isn't carrying this. I don't want to see non-UFC fight events competing with eachother.

Pretty solid card. MFC has turned themselves into a pretty decent mid-level promotion.

Yves Edwards vs. Derrick Noble
Nick Penner vs. Chris Price
David Heath vs. Dwayne Lewis
Matt Jelly vs. Garret Nybakken
Aron Lofton vs. Nick Penner
Tom Watson vs. Travis Galbraith
Nathan Gunn vs. Thiago Goncalves
Dami Egbeyemi vs. Paapa Inkumsah
David Letourneau vs. Nick Hrynchyshyn
Eric Chouinard vs. Zach Blaber
Jared Kilkenny vs. Jason Kuchera
Elliot Duff vs. Jason Gorny
Nathan Gunn vs. Jesse Juarez

I'll try to come up with a video to this event after it airs Saturday morning and post it here. Hopefully some of the trackers I am in will have the full event.

I still think maybe to save us money, we should create a system of fight sharing where were have a cycle where we agree to order events like these and upload them on a turn by turn basis.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: MFC 24 next Friday.   MFC 24 next Friday. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 1:44 am

MFC shows are typically pretty good but their President said he will release anybody that pulls guard after the Leites/Lister fight.

Saying and doing is two different things, i know. However, he is trying to affect how fighters approach the fight and is saying he frowns upon grapplers grappling. It just goes to show MFC might be in the wrong fucking sport.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: MFC 24 next Friday.   MFC 24 next Friday. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 1:54 am

I missed that event. Was Lister/Leites a hug fest? On the one hand I wouldn't be surprised since they're both professional huggers, but on the other hand usually when two people with similar grappling skill sets meet it becomes a really ugly boxing match.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: MFC 24 next Friday.   MFC 24 next Friday. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 1:58 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I missed that event. Was Lister/Leites a hug fest? On the one hand I wouldn't be surprised since they're both professional huggers, but on the other hand usually when two people with similar grappling skill sets meet it becomes a really ugly boxing match.

I did not see the fight but the word is the fight was pretty fuckin boring, but you just don't match up two guys who are strictly grapplers then...but don't go saying that you don't want to see fighters pulling gaurd. That is why people hated EliteXC.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: MFC 24 next Friday.   MFC 24 next Friday. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 2:01 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

It was the most boring fights of all time...
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: MFC 24 next Friday.   MFC 24 next Friday. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 3:06 am

where is this taking place?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: MFC 24 next Friday.   MFC 24 next Friday. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:27 am

Edmonton
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MFC 24 next Friday.   MFC 24 next Friday. Empty

Back to top Go down

MFC 24 next Friday.
Page 1 of 1