Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is 110 gonna actually be live?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Is 110 gonna actually be live? Empty
PostSubject: Is 110 gonna actually be live?   Is 110 gonna actually be live? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 12:15 am

It says it will be live on the ppv ordering channel but I was checking times and if it is live here at 10pm saturday night it will be 2pm sunday afternoon in Sidney. So are the fights really live or not in the US?
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Is 110 gonna actually be live?   Is 110 gonna actually be live? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 12:18 am

2PM Sunday in Australia is 10PM saturday eastern US time bro. So in other words the answer is yes.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Is 110 gonna actually be live?   Is 110 gonna actually be live? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 12:30 am

Just seemed alittle wierd to me that they was fighting at 2 in the afternoon there.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Is 110 gonna actually be live?   Is 110 gonna actually be live? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 12:32 am

Well if they fought at 9-10pm Australian time it would be like 5-6am for Eastern US time. Things are different in Australia though, alot of businesses close on weekends, moreso than the US. Almost nothing is open on weekends there save for hospitals and the bare essentials. 2pm on a sunday won't be a problem for attendance.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Is 110 gonna actually be live?   Is 110 gonna actually be live? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 12:36 am

I dont know much about Australia so i will take ur word for it. Im gonna order the fight and just want to make sure if I get on line tommorrow that I wouldnt see the results already before I see them on ppv.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is 110 gonna actually be live?   Is 110 gonna actually be live? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 1:22 am

Shops close at 5pm on sunday here in Sydney. Everyone likes going to the beach on sunday though because of the beautiful weather. Also, the ppv is stuck between 2 AC/DC concerts on sat/mon. In Sydney UFC 110 is free for those with HD TV but is not on PPV Sad
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Is 110 gonna actually be live?   Is 110 gonna actually be live? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:20 am

timthebim wrote:
Just seemed alittle wierd to me that they was fighting at 2 in the afternoon there.

Thrilla in Manilla was fought at around 4 am to be live in USA, Rumble in Jungle same way, Tyson vs Douglas was in 7 in the morning Tokyo

Isnt that Crazy!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Is 110 gonna actually be live?   Is 110 gonna actually be live? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:22 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Shops close at 5pm on sunday here in Sydney. Everyone likes going to the beach on sunday though because of the beautiful weather. Also, the ppv is stuck between 2 AC/DC concerts on sat/mon. In Sydney UFC 110 is free for those with HD TV but is not on PPV Sad

damn freak, Australia really???? I just noticed that, crazy, is MMA big there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is 110 gonna actually be live?   Is 110 gonna actually be live? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:56 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Are you going to 110 Freak ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is 110 gonna actually be live?   Is 110 gonna actually be live? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 8:12 am

I was working on the day the tickets went on sale here so I told my mate i'll go tomorrow and get the tickets. Unfortunatly for me the tickets sold out on the 1st day in a 16,500 stadium. I didn't think it was that popular here but it must be. There are a lot of casual fans here who have followed it because of the Ultimate Fighter. Most have only ever heard of the UFC and don't even know who Fedor Emelianenko is, which is a crying shame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is 110 gonna actually be live?   Is 110 gonna actually be live? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 8:15 am

My cousin met Wanderlei Silva last week in a convenient store and got his picture taken with him. He said he was the nicest guy and that Wanderlei said he's going to knock Bisping out.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Is 110 gonna actually be live?   Is 110 gonna actually be live? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:31 am

I hope he does lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is 110 gonna actually be live?   Is 110 gonna actually be live? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 11:29 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
I was working on the day the tickets went on sale here so I told my mate i'll go tomorrow and get the tickets. Unfortunatly for me the tickets sold out on the 1st day in a 16,500 stadium. I didn't think it was that popular here but it must be. There are a lot of casual fans here who have followed it because of the Ultimate Fighter. Most have only ever heard of the UFC and don't even know who Fedor Emelianenko is, which is a crying shame.

Unlucky mate. Judging by how quickly the tickets sold out I am sure the UFC will be back down under Smile

That's cool your cousin got to meet Wandi , from what I have seen in all access and countdowns Wandi does seem down to earth and humble.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is 110 gonna actually be live?   Is 110 gonna actually be live? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is 110 gonna actually be live?
Page 1 of 1