Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Machida's gonna get finished

Go down 
+8
Bigs03
Ninja
Andrew the Raider King
Fra-gee-lay
Farmer1906
Ludo
thedarkwingduck2k50
GreaseSP
12 posters
AuthorMessage
GreaseSP
White Belt
White Belt

Machida's gonna get finished Empty
PostSubject: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:31 pm

Shogun going to land some leg kicks in the first,get a takedown and submit him in the 2nd rd.Shogun is the best striker and grappler that Machida has fought by far.
The only ? mark is his conditioning,but I think he'll be fine.I believe he is back to his 2005 form and that is enough to beat Lyoto IMO.
Back to top Go down
thedarkwingduck2k50
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:45 pm

sounds like you are pretty sure of yourself, GreaseSP. wanna avatar bet?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:12 pm

I'm hoping that we see the pre-UFC Shogun against Machida Myself. I took Machida on the pickem's but as I posted along with the pick I sincerely hope I'm wrong. Nothing against Machida really, but Shogun was one hell of an exciting fighter. But yeah, his conditioning will be the factor if he shows up as the real Shogun. Machida I think has no qualms about dragging a fight into the fourth or fifth round.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:13 pm

I'm pretty sure I read that Shogun doesn't want to take it to the ground with Machida.
Back to top Go down
Fra-gee-lay
White Belt
White Belt
Fra-gee-lay

Favorite Fighter(s) : Kazushi Sakuraba, Vitor Belfort

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:25 pm

LOL....How do you get a reputation of -1?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:30 pm

Fra, first off I love your "Christmas Story" line name. Fucking awesome! But my rep is worse than his and I am pretty sure that all my negs came from Wolfgangsta because I am not Fedor fan and I dared argue with him. Like I give a shit though.
Back to top Go down
Fra-gee-lay
White Belt
White Belt
Fra-gee-lay

Favorite Fighter(s) : Kazushi Sakuraba, Vitor Belfort

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:39 pm

Ahh, I see...Thanks for the props on the SN.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:55 pm

I wish the best for Shogun. I pray that he wins, but I don't see him beating Machida....
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:02 pm

I'd love to see Shogun win and not just because I'm a fan, I'd also love to see some of this Machida ball-swinging stop.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:21 pm

My Machida ball-swinging will never end*!

Shogun is the biggest challenge for Machida right now outside of Anderson (and we all know they won't fight) I'm hoping that Shogun shows up in great condition, so we can see 3-5 rounds of great action. Of course, Machida will probably make Shogun look bad regardless of his cardio.

*I reserve all rights to retract this statement if Machida gets KTFO a couple times in a row.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:27 pm

I think Rashad is just as good as Shogun standing up, and Tito was as good as Shogun on the ground IMO

I think Machida wins either with a late TKO or a decision win depending on what kinda condition Shogun's chin is in.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:31 pm

NoRegret wrote:
I think Rashad is just as good as Shogun standing up, and Tito was as good as Shogun on the ground IMO

I think Machida wins either with a late TKO or a decision win depending on what kinda condition Shogun's chin is in.

Shogun has a great chin (never been KO'd) and is a lot slicker than Tito on the ground - his BJJ is on another level. Yah, I know that Tito had that triangle on Machida for a second, but part of the reason he got it was because it was so unexpected.

*edit* I wouldn't rule out a KO over Rua just because it hasn't happened yet
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:36 pm

Yeah but he was talking about grappling, which could also be interpreted as wrestling...Tito was a pretty damn good wrestler back in the day lol
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 4:00 pm

NoRegret wrote:
Yeah but he was talking about grappling, which could also be interpreted as wrestling...Tito was a pretty damn good wrestler back in the day lol

I stand by Shogun being a wizard on the ground and Tito being an apprentice. Tito is stronger, but I think Shogun's ground and pound is just as good and he can transition like crazy from subs to takedowns to better positioning, etc.

Ok that's a lit bit of hyperbole, but really they are different on the ground - Tito is strictly postioning and GNP, while Shogun has a lot of subs and crazy transitions in his arsenel.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:51 pm

Jruq wrote:
NoRegret wrote:

I stand by Shogun being a wizard on the ground and Tito being an apprentice. Tito is stronger, but I think Shogun's ground and pound is just as good and he can transition like crazy from subs to takedowns to better positioning, etc.

Ok that's a lit bit of hyperbole, but really they are different on the ground - Tito is strictly postioning and GNP, while Shogun has a lot of subs and crazy transitions in his arsenel.

Shogun is definitely a wizard on the ground. The biggest question mark with him is still his conditioning. We all know Machida is going to be in shape to go 5 rounds. Who knows if Shogun will even be able to go 3...
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:21 pm

Lyoto is going to whoop Shogun...via unanimous decision. Hopefully going the full 5 does not put Shogun and his muscle car gas tank in a coma. He'll be gassed midway through round 2 and Lyoto will just toy with him from then on.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:23 pm

Shogun has a chance but it's a small one. His striking insofar as his hand technique and defense is over-rated and sloppy. A counter striker like Machida who is at least as fast if not faster will eat his aggressive style alive. Shogun got like literally close to half his TKO's in fights where he used headstomps to directly gain the finish or in the course of the fight. Not available here. Machida trains his BJJ with the Noguiera brothers, who were BTT. BTT BJJ blackbelts were always superior to Chutebox guys. Brazilians at this level almost never submit eachother.

Machida will knock him out inside three rounds. Even the "Pride Shogun" would get destroyed, unless he was in Pride with Pride rules.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:39 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Shogun has a chance but it's a small one. His striking insofar as his hand technique and defense is over-rated and sloppy. A counter striker like Machida who is at least as fast if not faster will eat his aggressive style alive. Shogun got like literally close to half his TKO's in fights where he used headstomps to directly gain the finish or in the course of the fight. Not available here. Machida trains his BJJ with the Noguiera brothers, who were BTT. BTT BJJ blackbelts were always superior to Chutebox guys. Brazilians at this level almost never submit eachother.

Machida will knock him out inside three rounds. Even the "Pride Shogun" would get destroyed, unless he was in Pride with Pride rules.

Unfortunately, I tend to agree with your assessment. Shogun relied a lot on stomps, still, he's good enough to contend without them...don't know if he can beat Machida, though.
Back to top Go down
thedarkwingduck2k50
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 11:57 pm

this fight with end with a flurry of punches from machida...i dont know how some of you can convince yourself that shogun rua has a chance. was it the win over the aging mark coleman or the over the hill chuck liddell? personally i dont think rua even qualifies for a title shot yet, but the lack of challengers gave him this opportunity.

Last edited by thedarkwingduck2k50 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 12:02 am

Shogun has a small chance. I think his speed will be the factor. If he can attack before Machida can defend or mount a counter strike will be the question.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
thedarkwingduck2k50
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 12:23 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Shogun has a small chance. I think his speed will be the factor. If he can attack before Machida can defend or mount a counter strike will be the question.

i doubt rua has better speed than rashad...and how did that help rashad? and thiago is a pretty good striker and was he even able to land anything? the question shouldn't be whether shogun will beat machida or not, but whether he will be even competitive or not?
Back to top Go down
GreaseSP
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 12:42 am

thedarkwingduck2k50 wrote:
sounds like you are pretty sure of yourself, GreaseSP. wanna avatar bet?

Not really
Back to top Go down
GreaseSP
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 12:46 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

i doubt rua has better speed than rashad...and how did that help rashad? and thiago is a pretty good striker and was he even able to land anything? the question shouldn't be whether shogun will beat machida or not, but whether he will be even competitive or not?

You guys are going to be really suprised after 104.Rashad has better hand speed,but he still isn't even close to shogun in the striking department.
Back to top Go down
thedarkwingduck2k50
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 12:56 am

GreaseSP wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

You guys are going to be really suprised after 104.Rashad has better hand speed,but he still isn't even close to shogun in the striking department.

machida is my favorite fighter of all time, but i've been saying this for awhile now...i actually want to see someone beat him in a fight or even make it competitive, cause it's been a one way domination throughout his career. yes please remind us that machida is human, make him shed some blood...surprise me, shogon rua.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:21 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

I agree that would give Shogun a headstompers chance, but in all likelihood, if headkicks on the ground were allowed, Shogun would get countered, tripped and kicked in the face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Machida's gonna get finished   Machida's gonna get finished Empty

Back to top Go down

Machida's gonna get finished
Page 1 of 1