Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

crazy winter storm

Go down 
+9
timthebim
The Great One
franklinfan2
oggy420
Farmer1906
NoRegret
Bigs03
MMAEYES
OU
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

crazy winter storm - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 11:32 pm

timthebim wrote:
I live in the D and we are getting 8 to 12 tonight and I just had to go out and get my daughter some motrin and the roads are terrible.

Gotta keep that motrin on hand, it's a fuckin lifesaver when the kid isn't sleeping well.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 3:48 pm

Funny... In the "why" thread a few months back I made comment about our weather being ugly here in the winters. We typically get very cold and a boat load of snow living at 4,000' at the base of a mountain. October got off to the typical start with a 6" snow blast on the 4th day of the month. Followed a couple of weeks later where we went 5 days straight with the high never getting over zero, and the lows at night 15-18 below zero. And in the weeks and months since, we've had squat while the rest of the country outside of the PNW is getting the shit storm we typically get... All I can say is, "It's about fucking time"...lol.

Problem is, the 7 mountains that range from 9,000' to 10,500' that I stare at every morning typically have about 150"-200" of snow on them at this time of year and not one has over 100". Local honks are screaming drought for the summer, which means I won't be able to water my lawns or wash my cars all summer long... Not a problem I've really ever dealt with.

In all seriousness, I feel bad for those of you who aren't used to it and prepared to deal with it on some level... But you all gotta man up...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 11:30 am

snowing again today, what the fuck? It's not suppose to snow this much in southern Oklahoma.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 2:54 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
snowing again today, what the fuck? It's not suppose to snow this much in southern Oklahoma.

Many of those trucks delivering snow to the Olympic venues must be coming from your neck of the woods then? I know they aren't pulling any from us, we have none to spare for once...lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 4:08 pm

still snowing, hasn't let up all day. Doesn't look like it's letting up anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:56 pm

Thank god those winter storms are done. Next up.....Tornado season. Already had 1 touch down in Oklahoma.
home video of that tornado:
http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/93460?fp=1
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:10 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Thank god those winter storms are done. Next up.....Tornado season. Already had 1 touch down in Oklahoma.
home video of that tornado:
http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/93460?fp=1

I am in bliss...its been in the 50's the last few days, and will be for the next couple days as well...although its supposed to rain tomorrow and the next day, im still STOKED about the warmer weather.

Its almost NEVER that warm this early in the year up here. But of course, winter shall be back, because I think by sunday we're supposed to be back in the upper 30's for a high with the temps dropping next week.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:44 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Don't know if any of the rest of you got hit by this bitch but damn my town got fucked up. Thursday was the 1st day of the ice storm, half of my town lost power(including me). I'm lucky that I only lost power for about 12 hours. My buddy didn't have power from Thursday about mid day until late last night. Not being too use to this shit here in Oklahoma it was been fucking crazy. Everything was covered in a thick layer of ice, all the trees froze and branches fell everywhere that has been the major problem. Probably 80% of the trees all over town are fucked. Things finally thawd out alot yesterday.

I feel for you man. It happened last year in Louisville. They declared a state of emergency over it. We were without power for about 12 hours also and some people didn't have power for over a week. You must live near a grocery store or hospital like me. That is the good thing about living by something important cause you get your electricity back on first.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:17 am

It is up to 65 out already this morning and is still sunny out, I am in absolute HEAVEN right now. I got a great girlfriend who is making me as happy as ever right now, the weather is great, and I am making an income again.

Things are awesome haha y'all have no clue how great it feels to finally be able to open up the doors and windows and start inhaling some fresh spring air for the first few times after having everything closed up for 6 months straight hahaha.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:26 am

NoRegret wrote:
It is up to 65 out already this morning and is still sunny out, I am in absolute HEAVEN right now. I got a great girlfriend who is making me as happy as ever right now, the weather is great, and I am making an income again.

Things are awesome haha y'all have no clue how great it feels to finally be able to open up the doors and windows and start inhaling some fresh spring air for the first few times after having everything closed up for 6 months straight hahaha.

Yeah the weather here is great, it rained for about an hour yesterday but it did hit 70. Going to be about 65 today and around that for the rest of the week. Weather here is awesome right now. But it is tornado season so....
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:30 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:

Yeah the weather here is great, it rained for about an hour yesterday but it did hit 70. Going to be about 65 today and around that for the rest of the week. Weather here is awesome right now. But it is tornado season so....

Yeah, I hear ya, we dont get as many tornadoes up here, but we do get our share of them. Winter isnt over yet though, as I said a couple posts again, its supposed to get cold again next week, so im going to enjoy today and tomorrow as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

crazy winter storm
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2