Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2012-2013 winter season shred thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

2012-2013 winter season shred thread Empty
PostSubject: 2012-2013 winter season shred thread   2012-2013 winter season shred thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 5:26 pm

Figured I'd move this here.

GDPofDRC wrote:

We get a lot of snow but it is wet and it is hot out here so it gets more wet or turns to hard ice. I've always wanted to take a few weeks to hit up Utah or Colorado though.

Spent a week at Snowbird Utah a couple years back during one of their dry years. Was actually hitting ice patches which I thought did not exist out west. Still had 2 decent powder days.

Spent a week at Jackson Hole also. Same deal really, couple decent powder days, but no monsters.

Went both times with my lady, who skies, and is a trooper, but not like riding with guys who are looking to challenge themselves.

And unfortuneately that's the extent of my western boarding excurscions.

Was joking about NJ snow. It's about 95% fake, and is much more preferable at 50 degrees then 25. We do have a real good park system, too good for me in some cases, and Im getting a bit old for it. Head up to VT for a week at least once a year, and theres a spot that gets good snow and has some great tree skiing.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

2012-2013 winter season shred thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012-2013 winter season shred thread   2012-2013 winter season shred thread EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:14 pm

Yeah, Whistler and a Rocky Mountain Trip have been on my list mocking me for years now.

I always get a season pass to China Peak, My local mountain. It's alright, about 50 miles and a hour an half drive away. Medium sized but I get a continued pass for about $250 a year which is awesome. Most years I pay it off before the end of the season. But last year sucked. Wet and warm all season, not enough big storms, just sporadic medium or small storms. I'm kinda worried that year like that will become the norm more and more. Gonna have to head north for good eventually. BC style.

I don't look to the air anymore, a smashed tailbone and the resulting sciatic nerve damage sees to that. I just big mountain, freeride it these days, take the long way down the hill and fast. Been itching for months for the first storm. Past few years it's been right around or after Thanksgiving.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

2012-2013 winter season shred thread
Page 1 of 1