Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Official 2013 Prediction Thread

Go down 
+2
OU
bobbitt15
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Official 2013 Prediction Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:54 am

Call your shots for this year. I saw people doing this other places. Standard was 5 predictions. But if you got more don't be scared. I'm going to sticky this for a couple days. Just cause. Problem? No care.

Last edited by OU on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:55 am

1.Douglas Lima wins Bellator Tourney again and wins the title this time.

2.Chael Sonnen won't fight Jon Jones. After TUF is done filming he will be replaced before they fight. I'm leaning Cormier but if Hendo beats Machida he could be the one to step in.

3.Jeff Rexroad will be signed by the UFC and go 2-0 with the UFC before the end of the year with both wins coming by submission. This man is a HUGE Welterweight. Like biggest WW that ever lived kind of huge.

4.Michael Chandler vs Rick Hawn will be better then Chandler vs Alvarez and Rick Hawn will become another highly regarded non Zuffa fighter.

5.GSP will lose the title in 2013. To either Diaz or Hendricks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:00 pm

1. Bones will beat Silva Sad
2. GSP will avoid Silva like the plague.
3. Aldo will become the Lightweight champion.
4. Dana White will bang Ronda Rousey.
5. Wandi will be forced to retire.
6. Rampage will appear in The Expendables 3.
7. Ronda Rousey will continue to duck Cristiane Santos.
8. Bellator will thrive on Spike.
9. Cain Velasquez will stop Ubereem.
10. Sexyama will continue to remain the sexiest man alive !!!!!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:07 pm

Ali wrote:
1. Bones will beat Silva Sad
2. GSP will avoid Silva like the plague.
3. Aldo will become the Lightweight champion.
4. Dana White will bang Ronda Rousey.
5. Wandi will be forced to retire.
6. Rampage will appear in The Expendables 3.
7. Ronda Rousey will continue to duck Cristiane Santos.
8. Bellator will thrive on Spike.
9. Cain Velasquez will stop Ubereem.
10. Sexyama will continue to remain the sexiest man alive !!!!!

A couple questions. Looks like you are expecting Aldo to beat Frankie? I agree there. If Ronda wasn't at 135 I don't think she would be in the UFC. I even heard a rumor that UFC is offering Dolche to Cyborg to get her down to 135. Ronda is turing into Jon Jones for me, more annoying everytime I see her. But I don't think she is ducking the roiding bitch.
Care to give a couple more in the cage predictions? Any thoughts on the Cruz-Barao-Mayday situation and who will be champ at the end of the year?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 2:21 pm

Predictions for the divisions.

HW
Reem blast Bigfoot early and brutally. Reem is next up for Cain, he has Cain in all kinds of trouble early but Cain manages to survive and finish the fight via GnP in the 3rd.
JDS will go 2-0 with one of those wins being over Werdum to earn a rubber match vs Cain.

LHW
I think Bones next fight will be either Machida/Hendo winner or DC. I don't think Chael actually fights Bones(injury during show). I think Bones loses in 2013, I'm going to say DC could be the man to do it. I think Glover will earn a shot in 2013.

MW
I think Vitor blast Bisping, maybe they setup Vitor vs Weidman and the winner gets Andy. Either guy I think would put up a great fight vs Anderson. I think both guys threaten to finish the fight but Anderson manages to stay alive and finish the fight. After which he finally seriously talks retirement. Could be the last year we see Spider in action.

WW
I think this is the year GSP goes down. I think he was extremely rusty last fight. I think he probably still gets by Nick but I think Hendricks could be the man to end his run. Even if that happens I fully expect GSP to get the title back.

LW
I think Pettis destroys Cowboy but Gil gets the shot before Pettis. I'm actually leaning Bendo today with that fight, but could change tomorrow. Pettis vs Bendo 2 will be a FOTY candidate with Bendo winning a SD.

FW
I think Aldo and Edgar goes back and forth. I think Aldo pulls it off but I think it's close enough that people will want Aldo to stay at FW for the rematch. But I could also see Edgar vs Mendes late in 2013 for the FW title with Aldo moving up to LW.

BW
I think Cruz fights around the beginning of fall maybe later. I think Barao might edge out Mayday but that's a hell of a fight. I think Wineland puts up a great fight but loses to whoever the Champ is. I predict Cruz loses to the new Champ when he does return and sets up yet another Faber fight.

Fly
I think Creepy beat Joe. Formiga bounces back strong. I see Mouse beating Dodson and fighting Creepy for the 3rd time later in the year. Creepy wins the belt Formiga earns a shot and we get that rematch in about a year.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 3:25 pm

1. Alistair Overeem finishes Bigfoot Silva and Cain Velasquez to become UFC Heavyweight champion

2. Ronda Rousey goes undefeated with all submission wins but atleast one will be by a method other than armbar

3. Dominick Cruz makes his return near the end of the year and is defeated by Renan Barao who becomes undisputed champion

4. MMA in NY legalized

5. Neither of the two big superfights (Andy-GSP, Andy-Bones) take place

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 3:31 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
1. Alistair Overeem finishes Bigfoot Silva and Cain Velasquez to become UFC Heavyweight champion

2. Ronda Rousey goes undefeated with all submission wins but atleast one will be by a method other than armbar

3. Dominick Cruz makes his return near the end of the year and is defeated by Renan Barao who becomes undisputed champion

4. MMA in NY legalized

5. Neither of the two big superfights (Andy-GSP, Andy-Bones) take place

Nice list. Do you think Aldo finishes 2013 as a FW or LW?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 3:38 pm

FW getting ready to make the jump. Beats Edgar, fights Koch-Lamas winner and maybe another fight in there with someone like KZ as long as he stays healthy and then gets ready to jump near the beginning of next year
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 3:49 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
FW getting ready to make the jump. Beats Edgar, fights Koch-Lamas winner and maybe another fight in there with someone like KZ as long as he stays healthy and then gets ready to jump near the beginning of next year
I can see that. You expect Frankie to be competitive?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 3:57 pm

Not especially. I think he's going to get busted up and pretty much turn into every other one of Aldo's challengers and be pretty desperate for takedowns throughout the fight
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:03 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Not especially. I think he's going to get busted up and pretty much turn into every other one of Aldo's challengers and be pretty desperate for takedowns throughout the fight
You think Aldo can finish Frankie? I think it will be competitive and I see Frankie winning atleast 1 round. I have a feeling that we could see Aldo vs Frankie 2 before the year is over. So I expect it to be very competitive.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:07 pm

I certainly think he could finish him but I think its more likely a Faberesque mercy killing over 5 rounds where I'm yelling at the TV for him to step on the gas and finish him. Frankie is probably better off at 155 (atleast until Aldo vacates the division then he could be champ) where he has a bigger speed edge. He doesn't have that here and his weaknesses will be exploited. Busted up with leg kicks and punches, may score a takedown or two but not seeing a reason to believe he'll be able to hold Aldo down
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:20 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I certainly think he could finish him but I think its more likely a Faberesque mercy killing over 5 rounds where I'm yelling at the TV for him to step on the gas and finish him. Frankie is probably better off at 155 (atleast until Aldo vacates the division then he could be champ) where he has a bigger speed edge. He doesn't have that here and his weaknesses will be exploited. Busted up with leg kicks and punches, may score a takedown or two but not seeing a reason to believe he'll be able to hold Aldo down
I think if Frankie can avoid too much damage that his pace and cardio, which I expect to translate well to 145, will allow Frankie to have success later in the fight. I would be surprised if Aldo could pull off another Mendes like KO, but I'd be happy if he did. I expect Aldo to be in shape but not in the same kind of shape Frankie will be in. He has also proven that he can take damage and keep going. I may not enjoy watching Frankie fight most of the time but the guy has a ton of heart. I think Aldo needs to do damage early or he could be in trouble late.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Conor McGregor comes to the UFC.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 12:00 pm

On January the 1st 2014 these will be the division champions-

Heavyweight- Allistar Overeem

Light Heavyweight- Jon Jones

Middleweight- Chris Weidman

Welterweight- Vacant

Lightweight- Gray Maynard

Featherweight- Jose Aldo

Bantamweight- Renan Barao

Flyweight- John Dodson
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 12:15 pm

Vacant title? What will be the Interim fight in the making?
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 12:28 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
You think Aldo can finish Frankie? I think it will be competitive and I see Frankie winning atleast 1 round. I have a feeling that we could see Aldo vs Frankie 2 before the year is over. So I expect it to be very competitive.

i'll go out on a limb and say that aldo can and will finish frankie.

frankie has had some wars but he's never been hit with the combination of explosiveness and precision aldo brings to the table. edgar has a habit of having lull periods in his fights where he does get hit, if he does that against aldo he's laying down and going to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 1:08 pm

Champs this time next year

HW - Cain Velasquez
LHW - Jon Jones
MW - Anderson Silva
WW - GSP
LW - Jose Aldo
FW - Chad Mendes
BW - Renan Barao
Fly - Ian McCall
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 1:15 pm

Why the Multi-account?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 1:38 pm

1: Aldo not only finishes Frankie Edgar, but blasts him out in such a fashion that it makes it clear Edgar never should have been in there with him to begin with ala Urijah Faber.
2: Benson Henderson retains his title until at least 2014.
3: BJ Penn retires.
4: Alexander Gustafsson wins the UFC Light Heavyweight title.
5: Chris Weidman dethrones Anderson Silva.
6: Wanderlei Silva gets knocked out by Brian Stann and retires.
7: We see Chris Leben knocked out cold this year.

That's all I have for now.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 1:40 pm

Ludo wrote:
1: Aldo not only finishes Frankie Edgar, but blasts him out in such a fashion that it makes it clear Edgar never should have been in there with him to begin with ala Urijah Faber.

You really think Alex will beat Bones ?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 1:46 pm

Ali* wrote:
Ludo wrote:

You really think Alex will beat Bones ?

I think he very well could. He has the one punch power to do it and certainly the footwork and counter striking to land the shot. That was really My "bold" prediction for the year though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 8:09 pm

OU wrote:

GSP defends the title against Diaz and then 1 more guy before vacating it and moving up to MW. Early next year Rory McDonald fights someone else for the title.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:54 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

GSP defends the title against Diaz and then 1 more guy before vacating it and moving up to MW. Early next year Rory McDonald fights someone else for the title.

I take it that's after George hires some hitmen to take out Silva ?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 3:22 pm

Official 2013 Prediction Thread Method=get&s=ufc2012-01-04-13-8-14-12-840
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official 2013 Prediction Thread   Official 2013 Prediction Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Official 2013 Prediction Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next