Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

crazy winter storm

Go down 
+9
timthebim
The Great One
franklinfan2
oggy420
Farmer1906
NoRegret
Bigs03
MMAEYES
OU
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:30 pm

Don't know if any of the rest of you got hit by this bitch but damn my town got fucked up. Thursday was the 1st day of the ice storm, half of my town lost power(including me). I'm lucky that I only lost power for about 12 hours. My buddy didn't have power from Thursday about mid day until late last night. Not being too use to this shit here in Oklahoma it was been fucking crazy. Everything was covered in a thick layer of ice, all the trees froze and branches fell everywhere that has been the major problem. Probably 80% of the trees all over town are fucked. Things finally thawd out alot yesterday.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 1:11 pm

I lived in minnesota for 4 years, you just described most of my time there.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 1:24 pm

Yeah we have an office in OKC and they shut everything down on Thursday.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:05 pm

HAHA

We get probably 5 or 6 of those each winter...if not more.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:32 pm

NoRegret wrote:
HAHA

ha ha well this shit is foreign territory for us here in Oklahoma. I live in a military town and fuckers were still going crazy. People were selling generators in parking lots for double the value. Everyone went crazy.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:36 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
HAHA

ha ha well this shit is foreign territory for us here in Oklahoma. I live in a military town and fuckers were still going crazy. People were selling generators in parking lots for double the value. Everyone went crazy.

No shit they went that crazy? I thought you meant not knowing how to drive on ice crazy not we'll pay double for a generator crazy
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:42 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
HAHA

No shit they went that crazy? I thought you meant not knowing how to drive on ice crazy not we'll pay double for a generator crazy

No fuckers went all out crazy. The driving is just the beginning. The trees falling everywhere is what really fucked shit up and you would swear the world was ending lol. All the stores sold out of generators and people were selling $700 generators for $1500 outside of the stores. What is even crazier is shit happened with the water too and all the stores ran out of water. We have 2 Walmarts, Sams, K-Mart and some smaller stores that all ran out of water. People were driving to the smaller surrounding towns just to buy all the water they could. It was fucking insane. Crazy fuckers.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:45 pm

NoRegret wrote:
HAHA

Yeah last I was up in akron which was just a month ago it was covered in snow and ice. I was staying at a hotel there and playing a show in cleveland at Peabodys you ever been there Noregret?
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 3:09 pm

People were doing the same thing with generators here in Houston after Ike hit, of course, we were without power for 16 days. After about a week I finally found a generator so I could power some lights and a window unit a/c in my bedroom. My whole family was sleeping in my room because it was so hot in the rest of the house. The first week sucked balls though.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 3:59 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
People were doing the same thing with generators here in Houston after Ike hit, of course, we were without power for 16 days. After about a week I finally found a generator so I could power some lights and a window unit a/c in my bedroom. My whole family was sleeping in my room because it was so hot in the rest of the house. The first week sucked balls though.

Yeah just the opposite for us this time around. It was cold as fuck so people used the generators for heat. If you didn't have a fire place or generator then you had to find someone who did. Bundling up just wasn't cutting it.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 4:07 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
HAHA

Yeah last I was up in akron which was just a month ago it was covered in snow and ice. I was staying at a hotel there and playing a show in cleveland at Peabodys you ever been there Noregret?

Yeah, I've heard of it. I think a few of my buddies have done some rap shows up there if its the place i remember hearing about.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 6:25 pm

speaking of winter storms...just got 16 inches dumped on my neighborhood last night. AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 9:06 pm

AAAAAAND another 6-12" is on the way tomorrow night. GOD DAMMIT!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 9:09 pm

It was 68 today around 2 today. Man I love Texas.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 9:10 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

Oh yeah? It was clear blue skies today with a cool crisp high of about 24 today. God I love Ohio. Mad
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:47 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

Helluva thunder storm in the woodlands tonight, though...
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:59 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
hey the good news is it might slow down some of the gang violence in your hood for a night

I dunno man the eskimos might come out.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 1:34 am

im supposedly supposed to get a foot tomoroow night so but with my luck it will just be some flurries and i'll still have to be at work at 7am Sad
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:57 am

I got 27 inches of snow over the weekend and we are supposed to get another 12 or so tonight. People here can't drive here in an inch of snow, imagine what it's like now.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:37 pm

franklinfan2 wrote:
I got 27 inches of snow over the weekend and we are supposed to get another 12 or so tonight. People here can't drive here in an inch of snow, imagine what it's like now.

Yeah thats a tad ridiculous. Well, after tonight is said and done we should have 25-30" of snow on the ground.

My sister got in a 4 car wreck on the highway earlier today because of bad roads from the snowstorm we're currently getting.
Back to top Go down
The Great One
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
The Great One

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin, Lyoto Machida, GSP, Hendo, Hughes

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 9:30 pm

Well at least my Dodge Ram is handling it well. Had to put some extra weight in the back of the truck to keep it from fish tailing.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 10:43 pm

I live in the D and we are getting 8 to 12 tonight and I just had to go out and get my daughter some motrin and the roads are terrible.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 10:54 pm

Didn't know you had a daughter Tim Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 11:08 pm

We had like 5 inches on the ground today. I drive a Honda Prelude too which may possibly the worst automobile ever created when it comes to snow driving.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 11:17 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Didn't know you had a daughter Tim Very Happy

Oh, and I meant this in a nice way
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

crazy winter storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: crazy winter storm   crazy winter storm Empty

Back to top Go down

crazy winter storm
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next