Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce

Go down 
+10
Birdofthad
Andrew the Raider King
ohiovol62
SOKO
Bigs03
Wolfgangsta
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
ram_escandon
LA
14 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce Empty
PostSubject: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:43 pm

Former UFC champion, Pat Miletich (29-7-2) talked to FiveOuncesofPain about a potential fight against yet another MMA legend, in Frank Shamrock (35-10-2). He says the bout has been agreed on, but there is still a hold up on Frank's side of negotiations:

We were hoping to put together a fight in March, but now it looks like that may not happen. We might have to wait for April or May. Who knows if it will ever happen. Frank Shamrock and I have verbally agreed to fight each other, but from what I understand he’s being difficult in the negotiations. For whatever reason he may have, I think it’s too bad because I think it’s the type of fight that would draw a lot of attention. It would be two guys that were UFC champions and have done a lot for that organization, and now they’re involved with Strikeforce. I think it just made sense. But for whatever reason I think he’s having trouble pulling the trigger. He may be nervous about getting slapped around, but that’s the way it sits right now. Hopefully I can find someone else to fight if he doesn’t want to do it. I want to get in there before Summer.

I think he knows what is most likely going to happen. We’ve rolled before so I have a sense for what he’s got. Obviously I’ve watched him fight for years and he’s a talented guy, but I don’t think he has anything to hurt me with. Maybe he knows that.

He definitely doesn’t have the power to hurt me, he’s not going to submit me, he can’t out-box me, and he definitely can’t take me down. Maybe he’ll pull off something like he did in the Renzo Gracie fight so he can get out alive. Who knows.

I would prefer to fight at 170 pounds, but I’d fight Frank anywhere. I don’t care what the weight is. It doesn’t matter. But I think I’d like to try to snag something from somebody at 170 pounds. I look at the 170 pound rankings and I see a lot of guys that I can beat.

The two were supposed to meet several years ago, when they were both champions in the UFC, but then Frank had some contractual issues and decided to leave the UFC. That 'superfight' never materialized, but after more than ten years, when Miletich is 41-years-old, and Shamrock is 37, the bout might still actually happen.

They still haven't finalized their contracts, but maybe this trash talk and 'rivalry' going public might just make Frank want to do it. Shamrock knows how to promote himself well, and I expect to hear him retaliate and ham it up for the cameras real soon.
Back to top Go down
ram_escandon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ram_escandon

Favorite Fighter(s) : Frank Mir, BJ Penn, Wandy, Matt Serra

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:13 pm

Worthless fight. Both of them aren't the fighters they once were. Just reminds me that Fedor is getting old and if he doesn't go over to the UFC soon, then his last fights will be worthless matchups like this.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:35 pm

Another old timers fight. Why not?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Not a very meaningful fight but like others said...why the fuck not?

These guys are probably on equal footing right now and thats how you get good competitive fights out of these old timers. Put them against eachother.

Not every fight has to matter in the rankings for me. Shamrock vs. Miletich is good for the sport. Though i think Frank is the sound favorite here.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:49 pm

People who call these fights "worthless" simply because they don't involve young fighters are dumbass morons who started watching last year.

I love this fight and it's very interesting. They need to do it at a catchweight of 175 or 80 though. Pat is a lot better at that weight than middle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:06 pm

I like it, SF takes a page from UFC 109's book.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:14 pm

for free why not
Back to top Go down
ram_escandon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ram_escandon

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:17 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
People who call these fights "worthless" simply because they don't involve young fighters are dumbass morons who started watching last year.

I love this fight and it's very interesting. They need to do it at a catchweight of 175 or 80 though. Pat is a lot better at that weight than middle.

I didn't start watching last year, and, to me, it's a worthless fight. So, I'll be simplistic, like you were, and say that people who call these fights "interesting" are dumbass morons who are way too critical of opiniated statements typed on a meaningless forum.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:31 pm

Bird is going to love this
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:39 pm

You go Ram! Don't take shit from anybody. (this is also the point where wolf yanks out a gun and shoots Ram, Pesci style).
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:53 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
Bird is going to love this

woooh, I will take this whenever I can get it
If they were 50 I would still watch it
I am taking Frank, I find it funny that Pat says Frank couldnt outbox, takedown, or basically out anything Pat

10 years ago Mikey Burnett was able to do all these things, Frank would have wrecked Pat back in the day
He will have to settle for a decision IMO

Cant wait hope Frank signs it
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:05 pm

not sure what these guys have left in the tank but hell i'd like to see each of them one more time, they are God Fathers of this sport and they desrve it.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:32 pm

I'm entertained just thinking about it. Why not?
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:07 pm

ram_escandon wrote:
Worthless fight. Both of them aren't the fighters they once were. Just reminds me that Fedor is getting old and if he doesn't go over to the UFC soon, then his last fights will be worthless matchups like this.

i wont neg rep you but this is stupid
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:50 am

also, I prefer to see older fighters vs older fighters its always fun
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:18 am

Unfinished business fights between legends are always better than feeding these guys to up and comers.

Both Pat and Frank know how to talk shit and sell fights. This is going to be great.
Back to top Go down
ram_escandon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ram_escandon

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:24 pm

Cu Bua wrote:
ram_escandon wrote:

Oh, you're such a nice guy. Thanks for not neg-repping me. Forum reputation is my top priority in life. Thanks so much!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:26 pm

Pat wants the fight at WW, can Frank make 170?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:30 pm

I bet he could, he was a lot smaller looking than Diaz when they fought.

Pat will get his ass kicked if it's at MW, they need to do this at a catchweight of 175 or 180.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:33 pm

I thought Frank looked small in that fight as well, catch at 175 would probably be best.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 10:08 pm

After Pat's demolishing of Denny he talked about how 170 is the only weight for him, and he is sluggish at 185. Blamed some of his prior performances on that, like against Renzo.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:59 pm

Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce Frank_Shamrock_vs_Pat_Miletich_LEGENDS
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 9:36 pm

ram_escandon wrote:
Cu Bua wrote:
ram_escandon wrote:

Oh, you're such a nice guy. Thanks for not neg-repping me. Forum reputation is my top priority in life. Thanks so much!

wow i thought the statement was stupid, now you speak and remove all doubt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce   Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce Empty

Back to top Go down

Pat Miletich vs Frank Shamrock in the Works for Strikeforce
Page 1 of 1