Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet

Go down 
+3
LTFG
LA
OU
7 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet Empty
PostSubject: Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet   Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:06 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15583/despite-looking-for-big-challenges-light-heavyweight-gegard-mousasi-in-no-rush-to-come-to-ufc.mma

"My manager told me that he had spoke to Joe Silva, the matchmaker of the UFC," Mousasi said. "I think that it's a possibility for me to fight (in the UFC) if I want to fight. But the UFC I think would be better for me at a later stage of my career.

"Now I want to do a lot of other stuff, and the UFC is exclusive."

"I've been fighting at middleweight from the age of 18, so I didn't let my body grow [correctly]," Mousasi said. "I was walking around at 200 pounds, and I was cutting down to middleweight. But for the K-1 fight I put on weight. I didn't want to give him any advantage.

"It went very fast. It was like a sponge. You give yourself a little nutrition, and you get bigger. It was the right time because of my age also. I will always fight now at 205 (pounds), and someday heavyweight."

more if you click on the link.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet   Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:10 pm

LHW is fine, but HW? IDK about that Gerard
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet   Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:27 pm

You have to admit, the thought of Gegard v. Machida is a bit intriguing... Sounds a bit like he's dodging the big time though.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet   Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 5:32 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
You have to admit, the thought of Gegard v. Machida is a bit intriguing... Sounds a bit like he's dodging the big time though.

He is only 23. He has plenty of time before he starts thinking about the UFC.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet   Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 5:39 pm

I know, but he had worked himself into easily a top-5 MW... And after his handling of Hunt, I'd say adding weight effectively wasn't a problem. The goal for almost every fighter out there is to test themelves against the best, and the UFC holds almost all of the top-20 at LHW. The guy could effectively be champ of the biggest org at such a young age. And let's face it... Those that haven't had the fortune of seeing him fight need to see much more of him, and what a better venue than the UFC?
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet   Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 5:44 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
I know, but he had worked himself into easily a top-5 MW... And after his handling of Hunt, I'd say adding weight effectively wasn't a problem. The goal for almost every fighter out there is to test themelves against the best, and the UFC holds almost all of the top-20 at LHW. The guy could effectively be champ of the biggest org at such a young age. And let's face it... Those that haven't had the fortune of seeing him fight need to see much more of him, and what a better venue than the UFC?

I agree, just I don't want to see him thrown to the wolfs so early in his career. Babalu/Soko are both good tests for him at 205 and if he wins both of those fights I would really like him to make the jump.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet   Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 5:53 pm

I have him losing to Babalu in the Pick 'em. That's based on a gut feeling more than anything... Both guys are rolling right now. I would love to see both in the UFC though!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet   Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 6:44 pm

I think this kid has a level head on his shoulder when talking about his career. If he's not in the UFC in 2 years then I take it back.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet   Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 7:42 pm

im with Ninja he has 2 fights ahead of him that are going to be tuff so the UFC can wait.. do i want it to wait ummm idk haha
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet   Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:30 am

who knows mousasi has a good chance of going 0-2 also. Either way I think he is making the right choice he should come to the usa and train with xtreme couture to touch up his ground game.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet   Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:11 am

Isn't he training Red Devil with Fedor? I'm sure his ground game is being worked on.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet   Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:17 am

Oh well I know he is part of the red devil team but i thought he trains out of the netherlands. I just never seen footage of him actually training with fedor. But if he is then yea id say he will do just fine.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet   Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:57 pm

I will pointlessly bump post until someone else makes decides to make a single post. People have been browsing for hours with nothing to say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet   Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet Empty

Back to top Go down

Mousasi not interested in UFC....yet
Page 1 of 1