Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BJ and GSP need to move up

Go down 
+6
chorky777
OU
Bigs03
ram_escandon
Farmer1906
SOKO
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

BJ and GSP need to move up Empty
PostSubject: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:21 am

what do you guys think. They have wiped out there divisions and need some big fights. The time is now. Maynard showed me nothing last night as far as bj goes. Edgar put on a clinic vs sherk and would have a better chance against bj standing.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:22 am

Let Penn fight Edgar & Maynard. Maynard is undefeated. It'd be a shame if he never at least got his shot at Penn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:30 am

Maybe he should fight both at the same time because there's no chance in hell either gets close 1 on 1.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:53 am

yeah I agree they deserve a shot but imo diego is as close as you get or a florian rematch ehhh edgar more so than maynard/ maynard is like a prime sherk no chance in hell
Back to top Go down
ram_escandon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ram_escandon

Favorite Fighter(s) : Frank Mir, BJ Penn, Wandy, Matt Serra

PostSubject: Re: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 11:05 am

Ummm...... BJ did move up already, on more than one occasion, so I don't think it's necessary. I'd like to see GSP move up at some point, though.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 11:14 am

The only reason GSP should move up is for a superfight against Anderson. BJ just needs to stay at 155.
Back to top Go down
ram_escandon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ram_escandon

PostSubject: Re: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 11:20 am

Bigs03 wrote:
The only reason GSP should move up is for a superfight against Anderson. BJ just needs to stay at 155.

Yeah, exactly what I meant. Only, I think it should be a non-title fight because, in the event that GSP does win, then it would be hard to defend both titles. Or, he should vacate the 170 title and commit to 185. But, that would never happen because he is the perfect size for 170.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:02 pm

ram_escandon wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

Yeah, exactly what I meant. Only, I think it should be a non-title fight because, in the event that GSP does win, then it would be hard to defend both titles. Or, he should vacate the 170 title and commit to 185. But, that would never happen because he is the perfect size for 170.

If they fight at 185 it will have to be a title fight, however, they could definitely meet at a catchweight...say 177...and just fight for p4p status. This way both men keep their belts and after the fight they will just go back to their own weight class and defend. This is what I would prefer as well but it's not going to happen that way.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:12 pm

IMO GSP couldn't beat any of the top MW. I think Marquart would own him.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 4:15 pm

Isn't Gray Maynard the most succesful takedown artist in UFC history as far as percentages go? If that's the case, and I believe it is, I feel like he would have the best shot at beating BJ by taking him down and controlling him. Essentially trying to do what KenFlo and Sanchez tried, but he's just better at doing it than they are.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 4:15 pm

chorky777 wrote:
Isn't Gray Maynard the most succesful takedown artist in UFC history as far as percentages go? If that's the case, and I believe it is, I feel like he would have the best shot at beating BJ by taking him down and controlling him. Essentially trying to do what KenFlo and Sanchez tried, but he's just better at doing it than they are.

Where'd you hear that. It has to be GSP.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 4:18 pm

There are still several LW matches I want to see BJ fight. GSP though seems to be in more of a position to jump sooner.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 4:20 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
chorky777 wrote:

Where'd you hear that. It has to be GSP.

No, I'm pretty sure it's Maynard. Goldy said it in one of the UFC PPVs. I think it was during a GSP fight that he said that he had the 2nd highest takedown percentage of people with 20 or more takedowns. And I'm almost positive Maynard was 1st.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 4:24 pm

Maynard if he isn't the most successful he is probably second then, and I agree with everything Chorky said. He has at least a shot to beat BJ. Not that he would, but it's a fight that eventually needs to happen.

I wan't them moving up to, but in reality, BJ and GSP should each try to go for title defense records. GSP should try and beat Hughes title defense record. BJ could defend his for at least five or six or even seven times(we think) and that would be hard for anyone in the future ever to beat.

Matt Serra could repeat itself again though. No one is unbeatable. Someone or something new will eventually emerge. Who knows what either division will look like in two years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 5:29 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Maynard if he isn't the most successful he is probably second then, and I agree with everything Chorky said. He has at least a shot to beat BJ. Not that he would, but it's a fight that eventually needs to happen.

I wan't them moving up to, but in reality, BJ and GSP should each try to go for title defense records. GSP should try and beat Hughes title defense record. BJ could defend his for at least five or six or even seven times(we think) and that would be hard for anyone in the future ever to beat.

Matt Serra could repeat itself again though. No one is unbeatable. Someone or something new will eventually emerge. Who knows what either division will look like in two years.

Same thing that happened to Fedor...oh...wait...
Back to top Go down
ram_escandon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ram_escandon

PostSubject: Re: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 5:52 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

What do Fedor's nuts taste like?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 5:56 pm

So you think it's impossible anyone could emerge who could legitimately challenge those two?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 6:34 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
So you think it's impossible anyone could emerge who could legitimately challenge those two?

I think it's unlikely. I guess pertaining to your specific statement...a Matt Serra could happen again because Serra didn't legitimately challenge GSP, he caught GSP. I think GSP will reign supreme (in the words of Goldy) for a long time in the WW division.

Fedor has been reigning supreme for a long time and there's no end in sight. Brock looked like a huge challenge for Fedor but with the recent developments concerning Brock I'm even more confident that Fedor will take him out.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 6:35 pm

ram_escandon wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

What do Fedor's nuts taste like?

Really?
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:02 pm

I dont see Gray laying and praying for 5 rounds. He would get caught in a sub or KO eventually.
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
ram_escandon wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

If they fight at 185 it will have to be a title fight, however, they could definitely meet at a catchweight...say 177...and just fight for p4p status. This way both men keep their belts and after the fight they will just go back to their own weight class and defend. This is what I would prefer as well but it's not going to happen that way.

I would like this as wwll, no need to fight for the belt, just for p4p status......good call, good idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BJ and GSP need to move up   BJ and GSP need to move up Empty

Back to top Go down

BJ and GSP need to move up
Page 1 of 1