Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH!

Go down 
+3
KingsOwn19
acccardinal12
GDPofDRC
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH! Empty
PostSubject: UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH!   UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH! EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 9:37 pm

Quote :
As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, so do serious carriage problems

Sporting News Story..
It's a NASCAR article but relevant to people looking to actually watch Fox Sports One on their tv package.  Directv, Time Warner and Dish Network have no deal with Fox Sports a week out.

I've been seeing stories like this for a over a month in other sports stories like college football and soccer, but this is getting close again with the cable stuff.  

I was looking at the cable package I have now and I have speed but not fuel.  The way it sound form stuff later in the article, the package that will get FS1 is gonna be the next option up.

They need to figure it out though, it's supposed to be going down at mi casa that night for the fights.  I'd rather crisp cable HD, and a good creek would probably be harder to come by if there were 50 million less options to potentially to one.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH!   UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH! EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 12:23 pm

I'm pretty pissed about this. I have fox sports Ohio and South, but won't have this channel. Time Warner sucks dick!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH!   UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH! EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:23 pm

i have it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH!   UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH! EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 7:43 pm

FS1's launch being a failure and a lot of people not getting to see the UFC card doesn't worry DFW at least. wait, what?

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/08/ufc-boss-not-stressing-fox-sports-1s-issues-with-cable-providers

DFW wrote:
"I'm not worried about it, (and) I'm not thinking about it," he said. "I have no control over this thing. It's not what I do. So, whatever happens, happens this week, and I really have nothing else to say about it."
Oh.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH!   UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH! EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 10:54 pm

Hard to believe with as much as Fox is trying to hype this that a deadline deal won't get done
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH!   UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH! EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 12:10 pm

Thumbs up

for that gif, the part where he isn't jumping but breathing heavy, can't not laugh at that part every time.
Back to top Go down
thessy11
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH!   UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH! EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 12:50 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
I'm pretty pissed about this. I have fox sports Ohio and South, but won't have this channel. Time Warner sucks dick!
As someone with inside knowledge of this stuff, it's the networks that suck for the most part, not the cable companies.

From that article "FOX Sports 1 reportedly wants 80 cents per subscriber at the outset and could charge $1.50 by the end of the deal."  That doesn't sound like a great deal of money - certainly not for you or I who would value this channel over the majority of others, but there are two things to consider there.

First, that $1.50 is for every customer, even the 60-80% of people who will never watch this channel in their lives. bbc's cable bill would go up $1.50, but so would fixed-income grandma's, and that's hard for the cable companies to work with.  The broadcasters generally will not allow their channels to be offered a-la-cart because they would get far less subscribers that way so most channels must be put into even the most basic package.

Secondly is that there is not a single cable company that would be allowed to only offer Fox Sports 1.  Broadcasting corporations force providers into accepting their other (usually less popular) products bundled in.  Oh, you want Fox Sports 1 at $1.50 per head?  Sure thing, as long as you also take Fox Business at .85, Fox News at .92, bullshit cooking channel du jour at .57, and the leg waxing network at .42/customer.  Oh, you want HD too?  No problem, we'll give you a 50% discount on those, but you have to pay us for both the HD and SD version for every customer.  The providers then need to raise your rate even farther to upgrade and maintain a higher grade network to be handle all of these channels. This trickle down effect (that starts well before it hits your cable company) is how you end up with a million channels that you don't want and a cable bill through the roof.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH!   UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH! EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 12:57 pm

Yeah Fox is asking for a lot.

Speed and it's programming cost $0.23 a month.

Fox wants to make that $0.80 a month. Financially, FS1 is speed with segments of new programming. The bulk of viewership for FS1 is gonna be Speed's existing auto racing spectators and it will far outweigh the viewers for MMA, Golf and Amateur Sports for a while. To go up to $1.50 with a channel there was no demand for which will be as successful competing against Networks and ESPN as CBS and NBC Sports Channels is asking alot.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH!   UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH! EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 1:40 pm

I still think there will be some kind of deal reached like others have mentioned. Hopefully they do something that gets me FUEL and Speed in HD. Right now I only get them in SD.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH!   UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH! EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 3:12 pm

OU wrote:
I still think there will be some kind of deal reached like others have mentioned. Hopefully they do something that gets me FUEL and Speed in HD. Right now I only get them in SD.
I'll be surprised if they don't figure it out. I'll also be surprised if you don't have to pay for a more expensive package though.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH!   UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH! EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 3:48 pm

I have the sports package so I should get this. The deal always gets done last minute in these situations they don't wanna launch with no viewers.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH!   UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH! EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 6:54 pm

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-fox-sports-distribution-20130814,0,5466870.story

Quote :
Fox Sports 1 will launch with DirecTV, Dish and Time Warner Cable

Fox Sports 1 has struck agreements with three major distributors that will ensure that the new cable network will be available in the majority of pay-TV homes when the network launches this Saturday, people familiar with the matter said.

The three carriers -- satellite broadcasters DirecTV and Dish and cable operator Time Warner Cable -- all have agreed to carry Fox Sports 1 when it launches. Those three distributors combined reach over 40 million homes.

A Time Warner Cable spokeswoman said it would have the channel on its systems when it launches. However, final distribution contracts are still being hammered out with all three companies.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH!   UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH! EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:26 am

Okay, so since this thing is on I went ahead and reordered the package with Fuel that should have FS1 when that thing is finalized.  UFC 146 was on Fuel, 10-fight PPV... sweeeet.  It's over, right now they are doing a preview show for FS1, doesn't look bad.  The Mike Tyson reality show looks interesting.  Erin Andrews and actually a lot of these other chicks they got are smokin.  I like a few of the random personalities they brought in for the NFL and College Football shows.  They haven't shown any of the UFC tonight stuff yet though.  Anyways I'm not watching all of it but it looks not bad.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH!   UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH! EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 1:16 pm

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH!   UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH! EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:15 pm

I can't even open the link and keep getting an error message. I hope like hell I get it cuz this is a great card
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH!   UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH! EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 5:16 pm

No go for me so far. I'm scanning for any new channels right now. I wish you were my neighbor right now gdp! I don't have any internet so I may not be at the party tonight fellas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH!   UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH! Empty

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, WE CAN WATCH!
Page 1 of 1