Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sergio Pettis v Jeff Curran

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Sergio Pettis v Jeff Curran Empty
PostSubject: Sergio Pettis v Jeff Curran   Sergio Pettis v Jeff Curran EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:54 am

http://dlvr.it/3JFxxZ

Huge step up for the 19 year old.

He's 7-0 ( 11-0 if you count amateur) with a variety if finishes.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Pettis v Jeff Curran   Sergio Pettis v Jeff Curran EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:57 am

I haven't been that impressed by him. I think Curran probably takes this. Sergio looks like he is a flyweight.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Pettis v Jeff Curran   Sergio Pettis v Jeff Curran EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:20 pm

He does look like a fly. He's not his brother yet but he's got fire power in his striking and is no slouch on the ground. However I wouldn't be shocked is he's over matched this early in his career.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Pettis v Jeff Curran   Sergio Pettis v Jeff Curran EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:23 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
He does look like a fly. He's not his brother yet but he's got fire power in his striking and is no slouch on the ground. However I wouldn't be shocked is he's over matched this early in his career.

He doesn't seem to have much power, he doesn't even look like a big flyweight. He looks like would walk around at a lower weight then anyone currently on UFC roster. He was getting outstruck by Jimmy Jones a couple fights ago before he found his groove.
He is clearly fighting above his weight class at times and is still very raw. But he has potential.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Pettis v Jeff Curran   Sergio Pettis v Jeff Curran EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:08 pm

OU wrote:
I haven't been that impressed by him. I think Curran probably takes this. Sergio looks like he is a flyweight.

Well that's the division he fights in so why wouldn't he?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Pettis v Jeff Curran   Sergio Pettis v Jeff Curran EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 9:02 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:

Well that's the division he fights in so why wouldn't he?

Well his fight vs Jimmy Jones was at BW and I thought this fight was at BW as well. I think this might be Curran's first fight at fly. He didn't fight there in the UFC. But looking closer it says it's a flyweight title fight so I guess he is.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Pettis v Jeff Curran   Sergio Pettis v Jeff Curran EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:50 am

Bummer, I was really looking foward to Curran vs Pettis. I think it was a perfect gauge for Pettis, I thought he would probably lose though so maybe this gives him more time.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/06/jeff-curran-out-dillard-pegg-now-meets-sergio-pettis-in-rfa-8-title-fight

Quote :
Curran (33-15-1) was scheduled to meet Sergio Pettis (7-0) in the championship headliner of Resurrection Fighting Alliance 8 next week. But the organization recently announced he has pulled out of the inaugural RFA flyweight title fight. With Curran out, Dillard Pegg (5-1) has stepped up in his place.

RFA 8 takes place June 21 at The Rave/Eagles Club in Milwaukee, and the main card airs on AXS TV.

"It's unfortunate that Jeff Curran had to pull out of the fight on short notice, but this happens, even at the highest levels of MMA," RFA President Ed Soares stated. "As an organization that models itself after the UFC, we had to move forward and find a worthy replacement to give the fans an exciting title fight that is just as compelling as the original bout."

The Ohio-based Pegg has finishes in all four of his wins, including a submission victory and a pair of first-round knockouts so far in 2013. He'll try to make it a 5-0 start to the year and add a belt to his resume at the same time. Just this past week, he picked up a 42-second submission win.

Pettis, the 19-year-old brother of UFC featherweight title challenger Anthony Pettis, is perfect in his career so far, which included a win at RFA 4.

"Pegg ... like Sergio Pettis, is a second degree black belt in taekwondo," Soares stated. "He's fast, aggressive, and looks for the finish. This is a huge opportunity for Pegg, and I believe this is going to be a great main event for the first ever RFA flyweight title."

Curran recently spoke to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) and said he hoped he can get one final shot in the UFC by dropping to the 125-pound division. That dream now has to wait.

The latest RFA 8 card now includes:

MAIN CARD (AXS TV, 10 p.m. ET)

Dillard Pegg vs. Sergio Pettis - for inaugural flyweight title
    Champ Jared Downing vs. Lance Palmer - for featherweight title
    Keoni Koch vs. Pedro Munhoz
    Mike Rhodes vs. Benjamin Smith
    James Barber vs. Chinzo Machida
    Dan Moret vs. Jose Pacheco

PRELIMINARY CARD (Untelevised)

Matthew Gauthier vs. Zak Ottow
    Agostino DeNatal vs. TBA

For more on RFA 8, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Pettis v Jeff Curran   Sergio Pettis v Jeff Curran Empty

Back to top Go down

Sergio Pettis v Jeff Curran
Page 1 of 1