Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167

Go down 
+3
Ninja
acccardinal12
GDPofDRC
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167 Empty
PostSubject: Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167   Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:42 pm

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/1/4791276/unbeaten-sergio-pettis-signs-with-ufc-debuts-at-ufc-167

Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167 Sergio1.0_standard_709.0

No, you're not seeing double. There are now two Pettises in the UFC.

Sergio Pettis, the 20-year-old younger brother of UFC lightweight champion Anthony "Showtime" Pettis, has signed with the organization.

According to a report in Brazil's Globo, Pettis will compete at bantamweight and make his debut at UFC 167 on Nov. 16 in Las Vegas against an opponent to be named.

The Milwaukee native has been fighting professionally for two years. He's 9-0 with three knockouts and three submissions, and he held the Resurrection Fighting Alliance flyweight title.

His most recent victory was on Sept. 28, where he scored a first-round victory via Kimura over James Porter.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167   Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:43 pm

I think he should stay at 125.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167   Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 8:08 pm

He can win at 135lbs. I kinda think he is being rushed but the kid can fight so whatever.

This link brought to you by Freak...
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167   Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 12:55 am

There has to be more sets of brothers in MMA then any sport in history.

Pettis bros.
Diaz bros.
Penn bros.
Hughes bros.
Nog bros.
Ellenberger bros.
Rua bros.
Emelianenko bros
Both sets of Miller bros.
Shamrock bros.
Overeem bros.
Machida bros.
Healy bros.
Assunção bros.
Lauzon bros.
Swanson bros.
Rosholt bros.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167   Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 2:15 am

Ninja wrote:
There has to be more sets of brothers in MMA then any sport in history.

Pettis bros.
Diaz bros.
Penn bros.
Hughes bros.
Nog bros.
Ellenberger bros.
Rua bros.
Emelianenko bros
Both sets of Miller bros.
Shamrock bros.
Overeem bros.
Machida bros.
Healy bros.
Assunção bros.
Lauzon bros.
Swanson bros.
Rosholt bros.
You forgot the:
Gracies(I'm sure at least two of them are brothers)
Almeida's
Frierre's
Guida's
Curran's
Couture's(Ryan and Kim, if the Shamrocks count so do they)
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167   Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 10:19 am

Aren't the Curran's cousins not brothers?
Doesn't Joe Riggs have a brother that fights?
Junie Browning and his brother.
Rashad Evans and his bro.
Njokuani bros.

I think Sergio is too small for 135lbs. He doesn't even look very big when fighting other flys. I think this might be a bit too soon for him, I'm not sure he is ready for the step in competition just yet. I hope they take it slow with him.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167   Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 11:43 am

Yeah, his first 5 or so fights were at 135, but I think those water wing fights when he was starting were gonna be easier then moving back to 135 in the UFC today, though if he makes it to the top level at either division, he'll need to improve a ton to keep his head above water anyways.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167   Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 12:03 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Yeah, his first 5 or so fights were at 135, but I think those water wing fights when he was starting were gonna be easier then moving back to 135 in the UFC today, though if he makes it to the top level at either division, he'll need to improve a ton to keep his head above water anyways.
Yeah no matter what weight he chooses, he shouldn't fight any of the top guys for a couple more years. He is only 20, he has time.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167   Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 1:10 pm

Lima bros.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167   Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 1:29 pm

Ninja wrote:
Lima bros.
I feel ashamed that I didn't put them on there. Big fan of both. They remind me so much of the Diaz bros without the personality issues.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167   Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 1:38 pm

The Damm Sisters!

Chris and Andreas Spang

Brad and Michael McDonald
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167   Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 2:47 pm

dude needs some ufc money so he can get that awful tattoo redone/covered
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167   Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Cu Bu wrote:
dude needs some ufc money so he can get that awful tattoo redone/covered
Maybe he can afford a razor and haircut now so he doesn't look like such a douchbag.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167   Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 4:02 pm

I think Nick Newell is more UFC ready right now then Sergio. I'll have to give Sergio another chance but he seems like a entitled little douche from from what I have seen so far. I know they aren't in the same weight class and likeability doesn't have anything to do with their skills. I'm just saying. I'm still waiting on Chidi Njokuani to get the call to the UFC. Out of all 3 of the guys I mentioned in this post, he is the most likely to be a future UFC Champion IMO. I still want to see him clown Michael Page as well.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167   Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 4:21 pm

I wasn't impressed with that Kimball guy at all in his Bellator fight and he just choked out Chidi 2 fights ago. He still needs more work too. I don't think any of the 3 are really ready for the UFC
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167   Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 4:39 pm

I think, if anything, I've been most impressed with Newell, not just because of the disability, but his ownage thus far. Really looking forward to his next bout. Page maybe, but he is in pre-McGregor range for me right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167   Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167 Empty

Back to top Go down

Unbeaten Sergio Pettis signs with UFC, debuts at UFC 167
Page 1 of 1