Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bernard Hopkins Wants Danny Green

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Bernard Hopkins Wants Danny Green Empty
PostSubject: Bernard Hopkins Wants Danny Green   Bernard Hopkins Wants Danny Green EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 7:43 pm

Freshly off his December 2nd victory over Enrique Ornelas, Bernard Hopkins (50-5-1, 32 KOs) had a lot to say about his upcoming future. Numerous fighters are an option for Bernard Hopkins such as highly ranked Chad Dawson, WBA Heavyweight titlist David Haye, and IBF Super Middleweight Champion Lucian Bute. However, the fight that really motivates Bernard Hopkins is Australian Danny Green..

“Nobody’s mentioning Danny Green. Danny Green mentioned me and I’m mentioning Danny Green. There’s a reason why American reporters don’t want to mention the fight with Danny Green because nine out of ten, if I take Danny Green’s offer, I will go to Australia and get Australian money where HBO and no other American network will have anything to do with it.” Hopkins explained. “It’s a win-win situation for me. Danny Green reached out for me. I reached out for him. We are in negotiations as we speak…for his cruiserweight championship.”

Bernard Hopkins seems thrilled on a fight with Danny Green, but do fans want to see it? Bernard Hopkins talks a great game; he is a promoter after all. The only problem with this fight is Danny Green is not as good of a fighter as Chad Dawson, Tomasz Adamek, or Lucian Bute. Maybe if Danny Green was actually the Cruiserweight Champion of the world and not the IBO title holder, then this fight would have some value. Still, Bernard Hopkins thinks the fight should happen.

“Everybody’s mentioning Dawson, Adamek, Bute, these guys, and that’s good, but HBO has already spoken. They said that there’s not enough money to make you happy. But now…Danny Green! Nobody’s mentioning Danny Green, but me. That’s where I go. I’d go on a plane for 13 hours.”

The main question is, do the fans want to see this fight? The Australians most certainly do, but do American fans?

“I don’t think the fans want to see this fight, even though I’m going to cruiserweight, which is two hundred pounds. But I was gonna fight Adamek, who was cruiserweight. I was going to earn three million dollars, two, or less. I go over there and fight Danny Green, who knocked out Roy Jones Jr. in a minute thirty seconds. Danny Green became somebody when he knocked out Roy Jones. Listen, I don’t believe any Hall of Famer has gotten knocked out in less than two minutes in the history of boxing. So why not piggyback off that? Why not use that?” Hopkins said. “I can see the promotion now! Can Danny Green do the same thing to Bernard Hopkins that he did to Roy Jones in Australia? That’s it! Let’s fucking see it!”
Bernard Hopkins is obviously excited for the fight. Is the rest of the boxing world?

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=22237&more=1
Back to top Go down

Bernard Hopkins Wants Danny Green
Page 1 of 1