Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce

Go down 
+9
ohiovol62
SOKO
Andrew the Raider King
Birdofthad
LA
bobbitt15
oggy420
Ninja
KingsOwn19
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 2:38 pm

O my bad It sounded like you were saying you would favor Bobby over anyone in strike force except for Herschel lol
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 2:51 pm

redvexx8 wrote:
O my bad It sounded like you were saying you would favor Bobby over anyone in strike force except for Herschel lol

Razz
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:40 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Bobby Lashley? We are excited by Bobby Lashley going to Strikeforce??? Are we really that desperate for something other than the UFC? Look, I like the fact that it "appears" there is some legitimate competition to the UFC as much as the next guy. But some people are making it sound like they are getting close to being on the same level. I do like that they keep adding names, but many of the names are either years past their prime or unprovens that will likely ultimately turn out to be nothing in the future. If you really look over their roster, they don't have more than one top-10 fighter at any weight other than HW, and no more than 2-3 top-20's per class... And in the lighter classes they are VERY thin. I do appreciate the fact that they seem to have a thought out business plan with a network deal in place for now. I like that the other shows are on Showtime. But their roster sits at a shade over 50 total and short of the 7-10 name fighters they are pretty much still a triple-A development league to the UFC's stable of fighters. Hell, you'd have to combine SF, DREAM, Bellator and maybe a few other side shows to even really have a roster that would make the UFC nervous. As much as the UFC can irritate the hell out of us with their BS, it's going to be a while before someone really steps up to challenge... Though SF is on the right path. I'm just saying that some appear to be struggling with perspective.

We all know the UFC is the top dog. however:

1)Triple A teams don't have the best player in the world, and 2 top 10 players in the world. And when assessing their talent pool, you cannot dismiss their top guys.

2)LW, with Gilbert, Thomson, Evangilista, Gurgel, fancy pants, (and a rumored Aoki?), is actually one of their better divisions.

3)Their willingness to co promote and share fighters lessons the need to have a huge roster

4)SF has only begun to make their push since the demise of Elite which was about 1 year ago. If you look at their aquisitions since that time, it's very impressive.

5)The TV deal very much makes them a major player.

One of Dana's recent shots at SF was they have too much talent for the amount of shows they put on. For whatever that's worth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2