Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce

Go down 
+9
ohiovol62
SOKO
Andrew the Raider King
Birdofthad
LA
bobbitt15
oggy420
Ninja
KingsOwn19
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce Empty
PostSubject: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:44 am

Former WWE star and collegiate wrestling champion Bobby Lashley has signed a multi-year agreement with Strikeforce and will make his mixed martial arts debut for the San Jose-based promotion at BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Florida on Saturday, January 30.

More on this breaking news in a bit.

http://www.mmamania.com/2009/12/10/1195645/bobby-lashley-signs-multi-year

About time. I'm assuming this is one of the HW signings Coker was talking about. AA is probably the other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:47 am

Strikforce is gaining momentum.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:50 am

Rogers vs Lashley make it happen. Grim is ready to go. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:52 am

Or better yet Bobby vs Herschel Walker. Imagine the PR Strikeforce will get. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:54 am

wow that card is gonna be sick. I wonder who his opponent will be. If i was to choose i'd say throw him into the fire and give him Werdum.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:56 am

I thought Fedor was supposed to be fighting Werdum?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:56 am

I was about to post Lashley vs. Walker. I doubt they would do that to Walker though. He'll for sure get Gary Frazier.

For realistic matchups, Bobby Lashley vs. Daniel Cormier?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:58 am

oggy420 wrote:
wow that card is gonna be sick. I wonder who his opponent will be. If i was to choose i'd say throw him into the fire and give him Werdum.

I don't know. It's tough to go from Bob Sapp to Fabricio Werdum.

If this was PrideFC, they would do it but american promotions like to give the protection fight first. So, it's probably H20man.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:58 am

Werdum is way ahead of him in the pecking order, thats a stepback fight for Werdum. Give him Jason Guida, jk, Rogers I guess, he'd probably win that fight with a little LnP.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 2:01 am

oggy420 wrote:

Hard to say I favor Bobby over anyone in Strikeforce except for Herschel. Strikeforce is going to be caution who they give him first. Fights with Werdum and Bigfoot would be automatic losses. I'm guessing they will give him Daniel Cormier.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:49 am

hope its true, way to go Strikeforce, pluck Houston Aleander up and keep the moentum going
so they have Decemer, January and March shows, cant wait
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 7:43 am

Why would they pick Houston up? He just lost to Kimbo!
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 8:56 am

Ya, Houston is not really a great pick up at all. He really should not have been fighting in the UFC in the first place when he lost 3 fights in a row. I rather seem them grab Monson at 205 or Glover Teixeira. They are the few elite LHWs that outside the UFC or Stikeforce.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 9:42 am

war strikeforce glad to see them coming together and for free at that.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 12:50 pm

Give him someone good and get this shit over with. "Black Brock" sucks. Grim would beat him up.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:18 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
Rogers vs Lashley make it happen. Grim is ready to go. Twisted Evil
That would be a fight I would love to watch. I think Lashley is the boring fighter I have seen in years in the few fights he has had. I would love to see Grim KO him though.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Bobby Lashley? We are excited by Bobby Lashley going to Strikeforce??? Are we really that desperate for something other than the UFC? Look, I like the fact that it "appears" there is some legitimate competition to the UFC as much as the next guy. But some people are making it sound like they are getting close to being on the same level. I do like that they keep adding names, but many of the names are either years past their prime or unprovens that will likely ultimately turn out to be nothing in the future. If you really look over their roster, they don't have more than one top-10 fighter at any weight other than HW, and no more than 2-3 top-20's per class... And in the lighter classes they are VERY thin. I do appreciate the fact that they seem to have a thought out business plan with a network deal in place for now. I like that the other shows are on Showtime. But their roster sits at a shade over 50 total and short of the 7-10 name fighters they are pretty much still a triple-A development league to the UFC's stable of fighters. Hell, you'd have to combine SF, DREAM, Bellator and maybe a few other side shows to even really have a roster that would make the UFC nervous. As much as the UFC can irritate the hell out of us with their BS, it's going to be a while before someone really steps up to challenge... Though SF is on the right path. I'm just saying that some appear to be struggling with perspective.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 4:59 pm

i'd love to see SF grab some top lw's from japan. According to sherdog's rankings 5 of the top 10 lw's are not in the ufc and not in SF so they need to make some moves there if they can.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 5:35 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Why would they pick Houston up? He just lost to Kimbo!
because casual fans watch names they know reguardless if they are elit, also Alexander NORMALLY makes for exciting fights, why not get his for cheap?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:20 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Bobby Lashley? We are excited by Bobby Lashley going to Strikeforce??? Are we really that desperate for something other than the UFC? Look, I like the fact that it "appears" there is some legitimate competition to the UFC as much as the next guy. But some people are making it sound like they are getting close to being on the same level. I do like that they keep adding names, but many of the names are either years past their prime or unprovens that will likely ultimately turn out to be nothing in the future. If you really look over their roster, they don't have more than one top-10 fighter at any weight other than HW, and no more than 2-3 top-20's per class... And in the lighter classes they are VERY thin. I do appreciate the fact that they seem to have a thought out business plan with a network deal in place for now. I like that the other shows are on Showtime. But their roster sits at a shade over 50 total and short of the 7-10 name fighters they are pretty much still a triple-A development league to the UFC's stable of fighters. Hell, you'd have to combine SF, DREAM, Bellator and maybe a few other side shows to even really have a roster that would make the UFC nervous. As much as the UFC can irritate the hell out of us with their BS, it's going to be a while before someone really steps up to challenge... Though SF is on the right path. I'm just saying that some appear to be struggling with perspective.

hmm, i'm not so sure i saw anything in this thread that could have provoked such a rant.

The most anybody said is that Lashley is a good signing and SF is on the right track. It is and they are.

Nobody should give a fuck if UFC cares or not. What matters is another org coming up means more big mma cards. UFC "shitting themselves" does nothing for anybody and i don't understand why anybody gives a shit about that noise.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:21 pm

SF should sign Houston and have him fight Walker. Walker eeks out a ugly decision and everybody thinks he's the real deal!.

It worked for Kimbo king
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 7:20 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

hmm, i'm not so sure i saw anything in this thread that could have provoked such a rant.

The most anybody said is that Lashley is a good signing and SF is on the right track. It is and they are.

Nobody should give a fuck if UFC cares or not. What matters is another org coming up means more big mma cards. UFC "shitting themselves" does nothing for anybody and i don't understand why anybody gives a shit about that noise.

I don't recall saying that I give a fuck about what the UFC thinks or whether or not they are shitting themselves (Oh I see... I did make comment about roster combinations that might make the UFC nervous). What I did say is that some people on here need some perspective. If I go back over every thread about a SF signing on this board, people are talking about the "new competition to the UFC" and are getting all kinds of hyped about nobody's getting contracts. I just chose this thread to decide to speak my mind about the hype rather than starting a whole new thread about it. And yes, there are a few on this thread that actually seem excited about this addition as well, even though he might not be able to beat anyone on their roster. Look Kings, we all know that you have been front and center with just about every move SF makes, but don't take this "rant" as a personal attack. I was simply stating that some people seem to make way more out of the smallest move by the company than needs be... And honestly, this move is about as irrelevant as they come.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 7:53 pm

I don't take it as a personal attack. I'm front and center with moves UFC, DREAM, Sengoku, or Bellator makes as well if nobody else has made a thread on it. It's not like i bleed Strikeforce like you may think. I like UFC more than SF because they put on more fights...but Lashley signing with SF is not irrelevant. Seeing as the announcement got a big reaction here and everywhere else. He provides a draw. He has a great base in MMA. He comes from a great team and he can make for some interesting matchups in the future. If you don't think he'll be anything, thats fine, he might not but i would not say its irrelevant as of now. If anything, it definetly worth its own thread and if i did not make it, somebody here would have.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 1:31 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

Hard to say I favor Bobby over anyone in Strikeforce except for Herschel.

What? Neutral

Glad to see they picked up the black Lesnar. He doesnt have quite the pedigree of Lesnar but he definitely has more extensive diverse training since joining MMA. Lesnar has been at the same camp his whole 2 year career.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 1:55 pm

redvexx8 wrote:
Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

Hard to say I favor Bobby over anyone in Strikeforce except for Herschel.

What? Neutral

Glad to see they picked up the black Lesnar. He doesnt have quite the pedigree of Lesnar but he definitely has more extensive diverse training since joining MMA. Lesnar has been at the same camp his whole 2 year career.

I really don't think it was an outrageous statement. Fedor, Overeem, Werdum, and Big Foot would all beat Bobby pretty easily IMO. Who has the guy fought that is even close to the fighters I mentioned? He had a tough fight and was almost finished by Jason Guida of all people. Then you add in his constant flip flopping between MMA/Pro Wrestling and his very questionable gas tank with that body builder frame of his. I really do question if he ever will be an elite fighter in MMA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce   Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce Empty

Back to top Go down

Bobby Lashley signs with Strikeforce
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next