Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gun Laws

Go down 
+11
Farmer1906
Cu Bu
captain organic
KingsOwn19
OU
oggy420
Ali
WinstonSmith
Ludo
Birdofthad
Ninja
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 1:10 am

game, set, match

take your fear mongering elsewhere, violate your own rights if you want, but you won't enforce unconstitutional horse shit laws on law-abiding americans
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:38 am

oggy420 wrote:
it's fine. Operation Northwoods, the lies of the Gulf of Tonkin which led to the Vietnam War, flying in cocaine and pushing it into inner cities, arming Mexican drug cartels, those are just admitted conspiracies. I won't hijack this thread talking about other ones. But I firmly believe that most unassuming Americans who like to live in their protective bubbles have no idea what this country is really capable of. IF the CIA admittedly proposed doing things like blowing up airplanes over crowded cities then, what really makes you think anything has changed?

Legit question, and admitted tangent. But is the arming of mexican drug cartels a direct arming, or a selling to the Meixcan military who then lose track of the guns.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:40 am

You are missing the point big time. Has nothing to do about being a wacko. It is the terms they are using. "Right wing extremist". Divide and conquer.

Last edited by oggy420 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:43 am

Operation Fast n furious. We were directly arming Mexican drug cartels. They will lie and say we were trying to track the guns, accept literally there was no effort to track them, at all. No gps, no intelligence, nothing. Does that really surprise you though? We arm brutal dictators and regimes all over the world, who then use those weapons on their people, but as long as those dictators and regimes are loyal to western powers, out of sight, out of mind.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: gun stff   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Operation Fast n furious. We were directly arming Mexican drug cartels. They will lie and say we were trying to track the guns, accept literally there was no effort to track them, at all. No gps, no intelligence, nothing. Does that really surprise you though? We arm brutal dictators and regimes all over the world, who then use those weapons on their people, but as long as those dictators and regimes are loyal to western powers, out of sight, out of mind.

The fast and furious thread needs to be dug up and this moved there but.

From Wiki: "Gun walking", or "letting guns walk", was a tactic of the Arizona Field Office of the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). They ran a series of "gunwalking" sting operations[2][3] between 2006[4] and 2011[2][5where the ATF "purposely allowed licensed firearms dealers to sell weapons to illegal straw buyers, hoping to track the guns to Mexican drug cartel leaders.

Aight, so if we take this as legit, I think saying the US gov't directly armed mexican drug cartels is blatantly misleading at best.

And still much different then blowing off bombs in a crowded city.

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:11 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
dude im going through the process of trying to get my pistol permit in ny right now. It's fucking ridiculous. Like im applying to med school or something

I had issues too. Mine were actually finding my gun. It was sold out everywhere! Ended up going to a broker online and shipping it here. Not enough guns in TX.

tell me about it. Every gun store i go into has signs up saying sorry for the lack of products everything is in high demand. I drove 2 hours to this super store in connecticut to get ammo and extra clips and they literally had nothing.

Which would make one ask: which is the better conspiracy theory?

1)Gov't uses media to push news on violent crimes in order to ban guns.

or

2)Gov't uses threat of ban on guns in order to push gun sales.

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:34 pm

oggy420 wrote:

game, set, match

take your fear mongering elsewhere, violate your own rights if you want, but you won't enforce unconstitutional horse shit laws on law-abiding americans

Holes in Cruz's case

1)Seems to support current ban on fully automatic weaponry. Why?

2)Uses a report from 1994 which shows previous assault rifle ban did not curb multiple shooting crimes.. Nearly 20 years ago. Long b4 Newtown, Va Tech, and even Columbine. (Yet wants to make note that the 40% figure of gun show sales is dubious because it went into effect before back ground check laws were introduced)

3)Where prisoners got firearms: a 1991 figure? Literally so last century.

4)1.9% of prisoners got their weapons from gun shows. 1991, OK, but a very slight amount nonetheless. But that is evidence of the lack effectiveness of gun control laws in general?

Only decent argument he had is the difference between the remington hunting rifle and what is proposed as an assault rifle, which is indeed a trivial matter.

So game set match? I hardly even see a legitimate point.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 4:46 pm

Quote :
Breaking news: Expanded gun background check amendment fails in Senate
http://news.yahoo.com/senate-rejects-expanded-gun-background-checks-203004430--politics.html
headline on Yahoo
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:34 pm

Suck it Barrack. He even got him a repub to head it. Still failed. Basically means no AR or clip ban.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:13 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Suck it Barrack. He even got him a repub to head it. Still failed. Basically means no AR or clip ban.

Well he got the majority, but the red's and their filibuster.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:40 pm

honestly the 2nd amendment isn't something citizens will ever let be taken away. They can pass whatever laws they want but that doesn't mean we have to follow them especially since it is unconstitutional. Im not a criminal, I have a right to bear arms. If you don't like that than too bad. I won't have my rights violated for some petty moral victory. I'll happily go to jail to protect my freedoms if that's what it comes down to. Have to draw your line in the sand somewhere, for me this is it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:43 pm

oggy420 wrote:
honestly the 2nd amendment isn't something citizens will ever let be taken away. They can pass whatever laws they want but that doesn't mean we have to follow them especially since it is unconstitutional. Im not a criminal, I have a right to bear arms. If you don't like that than too bad. I won't have my rights violated for some petty moral victory. I'll happily go to jail to protect my freedoms if that's what it comes down to. Have to draw your line in the sand somewhere, for me this is it.

You'd pull a Muhammad Ali?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:57 pm

absolutely, especially if there was a draft
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 2:00 pm

oggy420 wrote:
absolutely, especially if there was a draft

Ballsy but respectable. A real test of character as well.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 6:49 pm

The constitution wins via strikes

I'd pull an Ali as well. Nothing is more un-american than forcing people to join the military.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:01 pm

oggy420 wrote:

Dude, man up, roll up into NYC with a couple shot guns across your back. take it to the Supreme.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 10:33 pm

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/400843/child-shoots-sister-with-rifle-he-got-as-a-gift

No talk of this?

Hopefully we all agree giving a real gun to a 5 year old is not responsible.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 11:11 pm

Nothing wrong with giving a child a gun. However to give them a loaded gun with no training or supervision is about the dumbest thing you could do.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptySat May 04, 2013 7:46 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Nothing wrong with giving a child a gun. However to give them a loaded gun with no training or supervision is about the dumbest thing you could do.

do not agree
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptySat May 04, 2013 8:05 am

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=tCDkN0toBDc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DtCDkN0toBDc

They can shoot. They can have their own. It just stays locked away in a safe or locked rack with the fathers guns. They use it under supervision.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptySat May 04, 2013 10:19 am

Guns, Gov, Texas, and Nugent. F Yeah!
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptySat May 11, 2013 5:41 am

captain organic wrote:
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/400843/child-shoots-sister-with-rifle-he-got-as-a-gift

No talk of this?

to say it isn't responsible is an understatement.

anyone who thinks giving a rifle to a 5 year old is in any way acceptable can only be described as a brain dead moron, so utterly blinded by their own desire to keep their own guns that they have lost all capability of rational thought or common sense on the issue. there is no credible argument to the contrary.

the rifle was kept in a corner and the family didn't realise there was a live shell in it? give me strength! that means the 2 year old herself could've easily got hold of it and any of them could've been killed.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:00 pm

captain organic wrote:

No talk of this?

I put this in the dumb people of the day thread a few weeks ago. I find the cause of the death to be dumb.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:07 am

18 Little-Known Gun Facts That Prove That Guns Make Us Safer

Michael Snyder
American Dream
August 12, 2013

The American people deserve to know the truth about gun control.

Passing strict gun control laws will not make us all safer. In fact, as you will read about below, even a study conducted at Harvard found that the more guns a nation has the less crime it tends to have. In other words, there is a very strong positive correlation between more guns and less crime. This is the exact opposite of what the mainstream media would have us believe, but it makes sense. You see, the reality is that criminals really, really, really don’t want to get shot.

When you pass strict gun control laws, you take the fear of getting shot away and criminals tend to flourish. Just look at what is going on in America today. The places with the highest crime rates are the major cities where strict gun control laws have been passed. In some of those cities the police are so overwhelmed that they have announced that they simply won’t even bother responding to certain kinds of crime anymore. The truth is that the government cannot protect us adequately, and that is one reason why millions of preppers are arming themselves and gun sales have been setting new records year after year. Unfortunately, the mainstream media and many of our politicians seem absolutely obsessed with trying to restrict our constitutional right to own guns. They are waging a relentless campaign to try to convince the American people that guns are bad. But is that actually the case? Of course not. The following are 18 little-known gun facts that prove that guns make us safer…

#1 Over the past 20 years, gun sales have absolutely exploded, but homicides with firearms are down 39 percent during that time and “other crimes with firearms” are down 69 percent.

#2 A study published in the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy discovered that nations that have more guns tend to have less crime.

#3 The nine European nations with the lowest rate of gun ownership rate have a combined murder rate that is three times greater than the nine European nation with the highest rate of gun ownership.

#4 Almost every mass shooting that has occurred in the United States since 1950 has taken place in a state with strict gun control laws…

With just one exception, every public mass shooting in the USA since at least 1950 has taken place where citizens are banned from carrying guns. Despite strict gun regulations, Europe has had three of the worst six school shootings.

#5 The United States is #1 in the world in gun ownership, and yet it is only 28th in the world in gun murders per 100,000 people.

#6 The violent crime rate in the United States actually fell from 757.7 per 100,000 in 1992 to 386.3 per 100,000 in 2011. During that same time period, the murder rate fell from 9.3 per 100,000 to 4.7 per 100,000.

#7 Approximately 200,000 women in the United States use guns to protect themselves against sexual crime every single year.

#8 Overall, guns in the United States are used 80 times more often to prevent crime than they are to take lives.

#9 The number of unintentional fatalities due to firearms declined by 58 percent between 1991 and 2011.

#10 Despite the very strict ban on guns in the UK, the overall rate of violent crime in the UK is about 4 times higher than it is in the United States. In one recent year, there were 2,034 violent crimes per 100,000 people in the UK. In the United States, there were only 466 violent crimes per 100,000 people during that same year. Do we really want to be more like the UK?

#11 The UK has approximately 125 percent more rape victims per 100,000 people each year than the United States does.

#12 The UK has approximately 133 percent more assault victims per 100,000 people each year than the United States does.

#13 The UK has the fourth highest burglary rate in the EU.

#14 The UK has the second highest overall crime rate in the EU.

#15 Down in Australia, gun murders increased by about 19 percent and armed robberies increased by about 69 percent after a gun ban was instituted.

#16 The city of Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the United States. So has this reduced crime? Of course not. As I wrote about recently, the murder rate in Chicago was about 17 percent higher in 2012 than it was in 2011, and Chicago is now considered to be “the deadliest global city“. If you can believe it, there were about as many murders in Chicago during 2012 as there was in the entire nation of Japan.

#17 After the city of Kennesaw, Georgia passed a law requiring every home to have a gun, the crime rate dropped by more than 50 percent over the course of the next 23 years and there was an 89% decline in burglaries.

#18 According to Gun Owners of America, the governments of the world slaughtered more than 170 million of their own people during the 20th century. The vast majority of those people had been disarmed by their own governments prior to being slaughtered.

Sadly, you rarely hear any facts like these on the mainstream news networks. Instead, they give countless amounts of air time to the radicals that are obsessed with gun control.

And did you know that there is now an official propaganda manual that has been put out for gun control advocates? This manual actually encourages gun control advocates to emotionally exploit major shooting incidents to advance the cause of gun control…

Democratic strategists have drafted a how-to manual on manipulating the public’s emotions toward gun control in the aftermath of a major shooting.

“A high-profile gun-violence incident temporarily draws more people into the conversation about gun violence,” asserts the guide. “We should rely on emotionally powerful language, feelings and images to bring home the terrible impact of gun violence.”

The 80-page document titled “Preventing Gun Violence Through Effective Messaging,” also urges gun-control advocates use images of frightening-looking guns and shooting scenes to make their point.

“The most powerful time to communicate is when concern and emotions are running at their peak,” the guide insists. “The debate over gun violence in America is periodically punctuated by high-profile gun violence incidents including Columbine, Virginia Tech, Tucson, the Trayvon Martin killing, Aurora and Oak Creek. When an incident such as these attracts sustained media attention, it creates a unique climate for our communications efforts.”

You can read the rest of that manual right here. http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/748675/gun-violencemessaging-guide-pdf-1.pdf
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 1:12 pm

WW2 Vet Educates Mindless Zombies on Gun Rights

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down