Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Criminal laws in Costa Rica?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Criminal laws in Costa Rica? Empty
PostSubject: Criminal laws in Costa Rica?   Criminal laws in Costa Rica? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 7:31 pm

Because Hermes Franca got robbed bad down there.

http://mmaweekly.com/hermes-franca-not-happy-with-no-contest-and-has-no-intentions-of-fighting-for-xvt-again

Hermes Franca had a good night turn bad recently after what looked like an easy unanimous decision win turn into a nightmare after a promoter apparently switched the judges’ decision, handing him a loss.

The event, XVT 5, which took place in Costa Rica on Dec 19 featured Franca in the night’s main event against Ferrid Kheder. After a three round fight, everyone was ready to hand Franca the win, but apparently the promoter had different ideas.

“To tell the truth, I’ve had bad decisions before, I knew I won this fight, my corner was there, and there wasn’t a lot of action or a lot of scrambles. It was a little bit of stand-up so I knew I won the stand-up, when it went to the ground I took his back, stayed there the whole time, and punched him. It wasn’t a scramble to say whoa who won? I knew it,” Franca told MMAWeekly.com in an exclusive interview.

“After the fight I was happy, but I knew something was wrong. Everybody was like surprised, and Dave Jansen was my corner, he was my training partner, and he was like ‘Hermes you won’ and he saw the final card in the announcer’s hand. That promoter, Jean-Francois he changed, when the referee raised my hand, and you have to see the video of the referee’s face, it was shocking, he refused to raise the other guy’s hand.”

The promoter Jean-Francois Billon claims no such action took place. In an e-mail to MMAWeekly.com on Tuesday, Billon responded by saying, “Ferrid and Hermes are great fighters, I really appreciate both of them and that’s true the announcement was confusing. (A) judge told me Ferrid (won) that’s it, but nobody want a finish with any doubt. It’s a decision…of course XVT don’t want people think we have interest for a fighter.”

Following the fight, Franca says he also spoke to one of the judges and their version of the story was much different than Billon’s.

“One of the judges came to me and said ‘Hermes, I’m sorry’ and I said do me a favor give me the scorecards, so he gave me the scorecards,” Franca explained. “Of course it’s just a piece of paper, it’s not official, no names no nothing, anyone can do that, but he gave them to me. I was like ‘why didn’t you guys do something?’ He laughed and never gave me any answer.”

According to the scorecards that Franca was handed, he won the fight across the board. The Brazilian also spoke to some local officials from Costa Rica, who while not involved with this particular show, painted a bad picture of everything that went down last Sunday night.

“A couple guys have been working hard to make MMA big (in Costa Rica) and they didn’t work with the show. He’s trying to collect more information about the judges, trying to see if they judge can write a statement officially stating Hermes won all the rounds 10-9. But a couple guys they’re scared, the promoter make revenge against them and a couple guys still didn’t get paid,” said Franca. “That’s the whole problem.”

Franca says he deposited his pay from the show into his back account yesterday and as of yet has had no indications that he won’t receive his purse for any reason.

The controversy over the fight hit the internet almost immediately and since that time Billon has changed the ruling of the fight to a no-contest. He also went on to say that the fighters have agreed to a rematch down the road.

“Fight will be no contest and both fighters agree verbally to a rematch this time on 5 rounds as it should be as soon as possible,” said Billon in an e-mail. “We feel sorry if fans are disappointed but we (will) fix it and now we have the most expected revenge (fight) for the world title as ever.”

The only problem…Franca has never spoken to the promoter and has no intentions of fighting for them again.

“They changed it to a no-contest and I told them that’s not what I wanted because the thing is I want everybody to understand it’s not like a bad decision. It’s not about the referee, it’s not about judges, it’s about the guy who stepped in the cage and said ‘change it, change it, it’s not Hermes, it’s Ferrid (Kheder). Unfortunately, all of the judges they can do nothing,” said Franca.

“Not from him, nobody called me to offer me (the fight). No way I’m going to fight under this organization anymore. Maybe we can fight, but not under this promoter.”

Franca gave a telling analogy about what just happened to him, compared to another organization and how outraged everyone would be if this was the case. He adds that he has nothing bad to say about the fans or the people in Costa Rica and would be happy to fight there again, just not under these circumstances.

“It’s nothing against Costa Rica, I know everybody was so upset at the judges, it’s not about the judges. It’s just about this guy, that’s it,” Franca stated.

“It’s like can you imagine after Georges St-Pierre and (Josh) Koscheck fight, just an example, Bruce Buffer says ‘the winner is GSP’ and Dana White steps in the Octagon and says ‘no, no, no, it’s Koscheck because I say so.’ That’s my situation right now.”

After the initial correspondence from Billon, he has not returned any further messages from MMAWeekly.com.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Criminal laws in Costa Rica?   Criminal laws in Costa Rica? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 7:34 pm

this really sucks, what kinda shit is that
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Criminal laws in Costa Rica?   Criminal laws in Costa Rica? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 7:53 pm

Fight link
http://www.sherdog.com/videos/recent/Ferrid-Kheder-vs-Hermes-Franca-From-XVT-5-2785

dgaby wrote:
Lu Dwyer is a female american entrepreneur, who runs several businesses....an irrigation business, Team FK, "First Fight" which is a marketing firm that manages several fighters, and Saint Tropez Promotions which promoted the Xtreme Vale Todo 5 Event.

Ferrid Kheder is sponsered by Team FK, is represented by the marketing firm "First Fight" (FIRST FIGHT - Ferrid Kheder - San Diego, CA) and has fought in the last 5 Saint Tropez Promotional events (Ferrid Kheder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)!

This is a scam to promote their own fighters......, whether they placed bets on this fight or not, I have no idea. But they believed they could get away with it because they were in a different country, steal their purse and then fly back to the states.

When the judges and referee didnt vote the way they wanted...they just stole the belt and declared it a win for their fighter to help better their business.

Here is a quote from First Fights Website....

"Ferrid "The Hurricane" Kheder is forever grateful for having the Best Sponsor,
Ms. Lu Dwyer, who made Ferrid's dream of fighting in a major organization a reality."

SHADY.......

Do what you can to continue talking, posting, tweeting, calling in to radio shows and televisions shows, writing letters and anything else that can be done. The more we talk about this the better the chances of this company being investigated and at the very least having the decision over turned. Some similar shit happened in the Dominican Republic to Keith Jardine and Elliot Marshall.

Sherdog.....change the outcome of this fight to reflect the TRUTH.

Kheder....if by some chance you happen to read this....I hope you man up and represent the sport the way it deserves to be represented. Tell the world you lost that fight fair and square and that the referees voted that way. Or else may you forever be banned from any future fight.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Criminal laws in Costa Rica?   Criminal laws in Costa Rica? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 7:57 pm

Read this yesterday it sounds like bullshit
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Criminal laws in Costa Rica?   Criminal laws in Costa Rica? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 8:12 pm

I had it a easy to see 29-28.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Criminal laws in Costa Rica?   Criminal laws in Costa Rica? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 8:13 pm

i thought Franca won it easily too
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Criminal laws in Costa Rica?   Criminal laws in Costa Rica? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 8:29 pm

Can Franca get this loss off his record, the fight eliminated entirely?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Criminal laws in Costa Rica?   Criminal laws in Costa Rica? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 8:30 pm

Hold up isn't Franca retired forever?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Criminal laws in Costa Rica?   Criminal laws in Costa Rica? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 8:31 pm

Would be nice. The no contest kind of works because the fight did happen, but it's still like a reminder of being screwed every time you see that tagged to his record.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Criminal laws in Costa Rica?   Criminal laws in Costa Rica? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 8:32 pm

well I believe they got it to a NC but thats bullshit all together when its obvious he got jipped
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Criminal laws in Costa Rica?   Criminal laws in Costa Rica? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 8:32 pm

He probably needs the money. I'd imagine wealth in fighting is like wealth in the world. Only a handful at the top truly have more than they need.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Criminal laws in Costa Rica?   Criminal laws in Costa Rica? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 8:33 pm

His wikipedia record has that fight a W.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Criminal laws in Costa Rica?   Criminal laws in Costa Rica? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 8:41 pm

Sherdog's got an NC there though. Why is it the guys who need it the most get fucked by judges or worse? Kid Yamamoto, Beebe, Franca, Tyson Griffin?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Criminal laws in Costa Rica?   Criminal laws in Costa Rica? Empty

Back to top Go down

Criminal laws in Costa Rica?
Page 1 of 1