Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced

Go down 
+7
captain organic
KingsOwn19
Primetyme199
jewzilla
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
Ninja
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced   Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:52 pm

Ninja wrote:
King Mo to face Przemyslaw Mysiala.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2012/12/king-mo-lawal-meets-przemyslaw-mysiala-in-bellator-86-tourney-fight
LOL I guess they don't want to take any chance of him losing after such a long layoff.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced   Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Wow I was just posting on another forum on a Bellator topic and one guy said he doesn't watch Bellator because he only watches high level fighters and when he watches he feels he can compete with those guys. Which totally blew my mind. He said he enjoyed Chandler vs Alvarez but that they weren't very good. I'm just in shock that a fan actually feels this way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced   Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 2:09 pm

OU wrote:
Wow I was just posting on another forum on a Bellator topic and one guy said he doesn't watch Bellator because he only watches high level fighters and when he watches he feels he can compete with those guys. Which totally blew my mind. He said he enjoyed Chandler vs Alvarez but that they weren't very good. I'm just in shock that a fan actually feels this way.

Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 UFC-fan_display_image
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced   Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 5:27 pm

"I don't have time or interest in watching inferior fighters". How can someone judge the skill level of fighters they have never seen in action? I think people that don't watch Bellator(like Ali) aren't aware of the amount of overall talent there. They assume there is just a handful of good fighters in there outclassing a bunch of scrubs. They underestimate the depth they have in some of those divisions, especially the lighter ones.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced   Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:04 pm

OU wrote:
"I don't have time or interest in watching inferior fighters". How can someone judge the skill level of fighters they have never seen in action? I think people that don't watch Bellator(like Ali) aren't aware of the amount of overall talent there. They assume there is just a handful of good fighters in there outclassing a bunch of scrubs. They underestimate the depth they have in some of those divisions, especially the lighter ones.

I would favor Curran over everyone at 145 except Aldo and Frankie, same goes for Pittbull.

Chandler/Eddie I really do think are on the same level as Bendo/Cowboy/Pettis/Maynard/Gil.

Askren is top 10 WW.

Storm is top 10 MW

Dantas is a top 5 BW.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced   Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:22 pm

WW and MW have some good younger guys as well who could be big shit still one day. A few LW's also like Hawn.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced   Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:14 pm

captain organic wrote:
Ninja wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
I hope Douglas Lima vs. Semtex is the matchup. I heard Bjorn say that War Machine vs. i think Saunders won the poll.

Daley vs War Machine won the poll

War Machine isn't fighting for awhile..tore his ACL.

Yet Bjorn said that fight is still going to happen. He didn't make it clear if Daley would wait for War Machine, or fight in the meantime, but he said Daley vs WM would still go down.

IMO Daley needs to be on that first card. Vs a slugger. He's one of their biggest names, and he fights in an exciting fashion. He has to be on there.

And where is shlemenko? Another guy that I feel needs to be on there in, if not the first card, then at least the top 2. Not a big name, but a champ, and a great action fighter.

Bellator 88, Feb. 7th vs. Falcao

http://www.tatame.com.br/falcao-disputa-titulo-do-bellator-contra-shlemenko-em-fevereiro-de-2013/
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced   Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:31 pm

January 17
Michael Chandler vs. Rick Hawn - Lightweight Championship
Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull - Featherweight Championship
Babalu Sobral vs. Mikhail Zayats - Light Heavyweight Tournament

January 24
Ben Askren vs. Karl Amoussou - Welterweight Championship
King Mo Lawal vs. Przemyslaw Mysiala - Light Heavyweight Tournament

February 7
Maiquel Falcao vs. Alexander Shlemenko - Middleweight Championship
Featherweight tournament quarter-finals
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced   Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:33 am

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced   Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 9:27 pm

Bellator is finally gonna start doing brackets instead of just saying as the tournament goes what the matchups are. LHW tourny as expected should be easy MOney but i guess you never know. There a couple unknowns there with nice records and it seems whenever somebody is supposed to breeze through the tourny, they don't. Bellator signed a couple really good brazilian prospects at 205 in Lins and Eduardo but they arent gonna use them for this tourny. Most of these guys are alright, but Mo just happens to be matched with by far the worst guy in the tournament who isnt even in on a hot streak on lower level shows.

Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 73669_10151363839729879_112977934_n
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced   Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 10:33 pm

To be fair Mo would probably run through any of those guys in the first round of matchups there, including Babalu. Though having him in a bracket opposite both Petruzelli and Babalu is kind of stacking the odds further in his favor.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced   Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 10:45 pm

Newton is probably a tougher fight for him than Seth anyway. He would body slam him all over the cage
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced   Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 11:42 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Newton is probably a tougher fight for him than Seth anyway. He would body slam him all over the cage

Yeah, I'm guessing Seth and Sobral are the 2nd and 3rd(whatever order) biggest names in the tourney, but I'm doubting they are currently the 2nd and 3rd best fighters in the tourney.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced   Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 11:44 pm

I do like the brackets though.

And I do hope my buddy reappears. 1 hr 17 mins till midnite. Grateful dead tribute band show has already started. Dude is MIA.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced   Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 5:45 pm

2 UFC vets, Sick Dog vs Lambert.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/01/jason-lambert-meets-hector-ramirez-at-jan-17-bellator-85-card
Jason Lambert (24-13 MMA, 0-0 BFC) will meet Hector Ramirez (9-4-1 MMA, 0-0 BFC) at Bellator 85. The two fighters were announced for the card by Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney this past month, but they won't be in separate fights – they'll be fighting each other.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced   Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 4:30 pm

Quote :
The latest Bellator 86 card includes:

Champ Ben Askren vs. Karl Amoussou - for welterweight title
Muhammed Lawal vs. Przemyslaw Mysiala - light-heavyweight-tournament opening round
Ben Saunders vs. Koffi Adzitso - welterweight-tournament opening round
Douglas Lima vs. Michail Tsarev - welterweight-tournament opening round
Brent Weedman vs. Marius Zaromskis - welterweight-tournament opening round
Raul Amaya vs. Jose Gomes - welterweight-tournament opening round
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced   Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 4:36 pm

cant wait for these fights, Bellator is looking to have a good January
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced   Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 8:32 pm

The LW tournament is finished being set.

Bellator has signed Will Brooks(8-0) who is coming off an impressive dominating performance at DREAM 18. He will fight Ricardo Tirloni at Bellator 87
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced   Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 11:57 am

Anyone hear about the card for bellator 88 in atlanta? My girl got me tickets for the event and all I see is the main event listed and its less than a month away. Looking forward to it as I have only been to some small shows and nothing big time.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced   Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 12:48 pm

Maiquel Falcao vs. Alexander Shlemenko at Bellator 88, should be a good fight dude.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced   Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bellator 1st and 2nd Spike Cards Announced
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2