Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works

Go down 
+7
captain organic
GolbeZ
josh200612
Farmer1906
killerofchicken
GDPofDRC
OU
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 7:49 pm

Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 Walking-dead-meme-maggie-1-519x1024
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 3:27 pm

2015 looks set to be pretty crazy with Star Wars VII, Avengers II, Justice League and I believe Avatar II or III will be out that year as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 4:16 pm

Quote :
"Last August [George] asked Carrie and I to have lunch with him and we did. I thought he was going to talk about either his retirement or the Star Wars TV series that I’ve heard about - which I don’t think we were going to be involved in anyway, because that takes place between the prequels and the ones we were in and, if Luke were in them, he’d be anywhere from a toddler to a teenager so they’d get an age-appropriate actor — or the 3-D releases.

"So when he said, 'We decided we’re going to do Episodes VII, VIII, and IX,' I was just gobsmacked. 'What? Are you nuts?!'", remembers Hamill. "I guess he wanted us to know before everybody else knew. He said, 'Now you can't tell anybody!' Even now I’m nervous about saying anything. I just don’t know!"

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35656
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 5:18 pm

http://www.eonline.com/news/358685/star-wars-7-plot-will-be-an-original-story-says-lucasfilm-source

Sounding more and more like the cannon from the books will be
abandoned. That is a shame, the Thrawn series was very good I thought
and could of adapted well to a screenplay.

What I hope is that they don't get cheese dick and try to incorporate
book element in the future with lameness like Resident Evil tries to add
stuff from the video game cannon to those films or something similar.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:19 pm

Ali wrote:
Oh god its started.

But can we expect Star Wars rides at Disney? Could be major fringe benefit.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:30 pm

They've had Star Tours before. It wass the new thing at Disney Land the last time I was there , 25 years ago.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:33 pm

star wars is overrated so i don't care...

yes sir...i said it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 1:18 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:

yes sir...i said it

Original Star Wars Trilogy > Once Upon A Time In America tongue
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:40 pm

Ali wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

yes sir...i said it

Original Star Wars Trilogy > Once Upon A Time In America tongue

i agree...but it's still overrated. They are not among the greatest films ever. The day OUATIA gets it's own convention and creates a sub culture of lifeless douchebags who think it's the greatest thing put on film..then it becomes vastly overrated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:13 pm

Rumor is that Mathew Vaughn (Layer Cake, Kick-ASS, X-Men First Class) is in talks to direct Episode VII, it's plausible given how he suddenly dropped out of directing X-Men First Class 2 without any explanation a week ago.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Garrison ford said yesterday that he's "totally open to doing a Han Solo movie."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:50 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Garrison ford said yesterday that he's "totally open to doing a Han Solo movie."
Old Fuck that played Luke said he is down to play old Luke.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:56 pm

OU wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
Old Fuck that played Luke said he is down to play old Luke.

lol! boom!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Oh shit it's on
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 1:09 am

An old wise Luke Skywalker I can see working but an old Han Solo makes no sense. Nor would a washed up fat Queen Leia work.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:26 pm

The milking has begun.

Quote :
"We are in fact working on a few stand-alone films," Disney boss Bob Iger told CNBC's Julia Boorstin (via Variety). "Larry Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are both working on films derived from great Star Wars characters that are not part of the overall saga. So we plan to make Star Wars VII, VIII and IX over roughly a six-year period of time starting in 2015. But there are going to be a few other films released in that period of time too."

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=36420

Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 Milking-peter
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:32 pm

Boba Fett needs his own movie ASAP. Too bad Dredd stole his costume.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:46 pm

I'm fine with the milking the more Star Wars the better.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:48 pm

josh200612 wrote:
I'm fine with the milking the more Star Wars the better.
Yeah it's much better then milking Fast and Furious and Saw.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:48 pm

I hope we get a spin off for......

Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 Atrapitis
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:30 pm

OU wrote:
Boba Fett needs his own movie ASAP. Too bad Dredd stole his costume.

That makes sense. Kind of like Wolerine to the Xmen movies.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:01 pm

Bobba Fett, Yoda and Han Solo getting spin off movies
http://news.moviefone.com/2013/02/06/star-wars-spin-off-movies_n_2631066.html
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:20 pm

No to Yoda. He'll yes to Han the smuggler before he met Obi.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:00 am

Solo and Fett wil sell easy , Yoda will be a huge hit with the kids

Disey probably recoups their 5 bill on these 3 movies alone
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 6:25 am

Who plays young Han Solo ??? I vote for Michael Fassbender.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works   Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Disney buys Lucasfilms, New Stars Wars in the works
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next