Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Poll you knew was coming

Go down 
5 posters

Jones vs Silva
Silva by finish early
The Poll you knew was coming Vote_lcap13%The Poll you knew was coming Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Silva by finish late
The Poll you knew was coming Vote_lcap50%The Poll you knew was coming Vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
Silva by decision
The Poll you knew was coming Vote_lcap0%The Poll you knew was coming Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Jones by finish early
 0% [ 0 ]
Jones by finish late
The Poll you knew was coming Vote_lcap13%The Poll you knew was coming Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Jones by decision
The Poll you knew was coming Vote_lcap24%The Poll you knew was coming Vote_rcap
 24% [ 2 ]
Honestly, I don't know
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

The Poll you knew was coming Empty
PostSubject: The Poll you knew was coming   The Poll you knew was coming EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:33 pm

Just consider it started by Freak though because, well just because. It feels freaky! Wink

Jones vs Silva in 5 rounds. What happens?

And if this has been asked, I'm pretty sure it has but there is absolutely no way to ever know, I ask again since today is today not back then.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The Poll you knew was coming   The Poll you knew was coming EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Before I thought Jones would likely win. But now I just don't see Jones being able to hurt Anderson. Maybe he can try to use his wrestling to keep top position and win on points. But I think Anderson's speed and precision eventually catch Jones and put him in a bad spot. I like Anderson by TKO in the 3rd or 4th round. I was leaning Jones until recently. Now I'm leaning Spider. Fuck them both though, I hope they both lose to contenders in their own weight classes.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The Poll you knew was coming   The Poll you knew was coming EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:47 pm

I 'm 60-40 Jones. Anderson looks great styling on good to great yet ultimately inferior competition, but I'm not convinced he is a good 5 round fighter at 38. I think Jones would do everything in his power to make it a fight where he tries and probably does take down Silva. On the feet I think Jones would get caught often and go away from that until later in the fight.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: The Poll you knew was coming   The Poll you knew was coming EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:47 pm

OU wrote:
Before I thought Jones would likely win. But now I just don't see Jones being able to hurt Anderson. Maybe he can try to use his wrestling to keep top position and win on points. But I think Anderson's speed and precision eventually catch Jones and put him in a bad spot. I like Anderson by TKO in the 3rd or 4th round. I was leaning Jones until recently. Now I'm leaning Spider. Fuck them both though, I hope they both lose to contenders in their own weight classes.

This !

up until saturday night I would have said jones maybe late stoppage or decision. I always thought Silva could win stand up battle but thought he would succumb to a fitching possibly leading to late stoppage to to elbows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Poll you knew was coming   The Poll you knew was coming EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:55 pm

I like Silva to eventually sub Bones in round 3 or 4.

Those elbows are the real danger though, if Silva is taken down he'll need to be very active off his back to avoid being shredded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Poll you knew was coming   The Poll you knew was coming EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:39 pm

I have Jones by late finish for a few reasons. Jones will make this a wrestling match and will be able to take down Anderson at will. Jones' elbows and size will be decisive as Anderson isn't use to fighting against that. Usually Anderson's opponents are the ones that are mentally beaten before the fight starts but in this situation it seems like Anderson is more afraid of Jones than the other way around.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: The Poll you knew was coming   The Poll you knew was coming EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 11:07 am

Late to the Poll but I went Spider late finish
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Poll you knew was coming   The Poll you knew was coming EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 2:00 pm

Jones by Decision.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: The Poll you knew was coming   The Poll you knew was coming EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 10:26 pm

I got Anderson by early stoppage.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The Poll you knew was coming   The Poll you knew was coming EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 5:19 pm

I don't know how reliable this is, saw it on another forum.
http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos/combate/noticia/2012/10/pelos-fas-anderson-silva-admite-luta-com-jon-jones-em-peso-combinado.html#canal-sportv
Translation:

Quote :
"People are talking so much about this... I don't have intentions of fighting Jones, there's nothing driving me to it, since there are other athletes in my team, like Rogerio, Maldonado, Feijão, that fight in his weight. My weight is 185, that's my title. But people talk so much, and in the end we are UFC employees. Sure, I can say I don't want to fight him, but what if he accepts the money Dana offers him to persuade him into fighting? It will be hard for me not to take the fight. It's not the money that motivates me to fight, I do it because I like it. So I don't know... I wouldn't like to do it. But, if it is to happen, it would have to be on catchweight. Not putting his belt on the line. I already have my own, and I don't want to hold a title to just leave it there."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Poll you knew was coming   The Poll you knew was coming EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 8:32 pm

OU wrote:
I don't know how reliable this is, saw it on another forum.
http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos/combate/noticia/2012/10/pelos-fas-anderson-silva-admite-luta-com-jon-jones-em-peso-combinado.html#canal-sportv
Translation:

Quote :
"People are talking so much about this... I don't have intentions of fighting Jones, there's nothing driving me to it, since there are other athletes in my team, like Rogerio, Maldonado, Feijão, that fight in his weight. My weight is 185, that's my title. But people talk so much, and in the end we are UFC employees. Sure, I can say I don't want to fight him, but what if he accepts the money Dana offers him to persuade him into fighting? It will be hard for me not to take the fight. It's not the money that motivates me to fight, I do it because I like it. So I don't know... I wouldn't like to do it. But, if it is to happen, it would have to be on catchweight. Not putting his belt on the line. I already have my own, and I don't want to hold a title to just leave it there."

Of course he would say this when he knows Jones can't fight him for at least another 10 months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Poll you knew was coming   The Poll you knew was coming Empty

Back to top Go down

The Poll you knew was coming
Page 1 of 1