[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]
 
Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 If a person knew no languages...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: If a person knew no languages...   Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:34 pm

Would they be able to think? and how would they?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS
Posts : 16259
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 31
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: If a person knew no languages...   Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:52 pm

I have always wondered about this. I'm baffled

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely
Posts : 21275
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 97
Location : Fresyes, CA

PostSubject: Re: If a person knew no languages...   Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:54 pm

That question is a little vague, why do they know no languages? But there is Helen Keller. Became blind and def at 19 months old. She learned to communicate despite her disabilities and became a famous writer, lecturer and advocate.

_________________
captain organic wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Are u fucking serious with this post bro? ur a newbie to MMA compared to me, I watch all fights, but don't get a hard on unless guys are in the top 30.

Uh, Are u fucking serious with this post bro?



WAR WAR WAR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: If a person knew no languages...   Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:00 pm

Did she write about her thoughts before she was able to communicate?
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis
Posts : 3139
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 30
Location : Austin

PostSubject: Re: If a person knew no languages...   Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:00 pm

You would have to think in Images and shapes I would assume and most likely begin to form your own thoughts on those images..

though children are dependent on their mothers to survive .. so it would be hard to have an individual who has no sort of teaching.. I would think they would begin to create some sort of way to communicate.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely
Posts : 21275
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 97
Location : Fresyes, CA

PostSubject: Re: If a person knew no languages...   Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:02 pm

I don't know, she was 1 and a half years old. You can check out her story though, it interesting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Keller

_________________
captain organic wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Are u fucking serious with this post bro? ur a newbie to MMA compared to me, I watch all fights, but don't get a hard on unless guys are in the top 30.

Uh, Are u fucking serious with this post bro?



WAR WAR WAR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt


Posts : 2901
Join date : 2013-01-04

PostSubject: Re: If a person knew no languages...   Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Well can't you answer your question simply by watching how chimpanzees and other monkeys interact ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: If a person knew no languages...   Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:06 pm

Ali* wrote:
Well can't you answer your question simply by watching how chimpanzees and other monkeys interact ?

Nope, animals have their own languages.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: If a person knew no languages...   Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:07 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I don't know, she was 1 and a half years old. You can check out her story though, it interesting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Keller

Cool, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom
Posts : 6476
Join date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: If a person knew no languages...   Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:56 pm

Of course they would be able to think. If animals, such as primates who don't have any kind of vocal language that doesn't directly emphasize body language, can have "moods" then obviously cognitive thought is possible to a degree. What kind of degree is the question, but language is not a barrier on thought itself, merely in the expression of it.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon
Posts : 1510
Join date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: If a person knew no languages...   Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:40 am

what a daft question. at one point in time, prehistoric man would not have had any established language and at some point thereafter, thought to develop methods of communication.

unless of course you believe that god created all living things and invented the mark II human with improved linguistic skills at a later date......... replacing the mark I version would be an admission of fallability though so that can't be right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: If a person knew no languages...   Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:10 am

cheekynffc wrote:
what a daft question. at one point in time, prehistoric man would not have had any established language and at some point thereafter, thought to develop methods of communication.

unless of course you believe that god created all living things and invented the mark II human with improved linguistic skills at a later date......... replacing the mark I version would be an admission of fallability though so that can't be right.

Adam and Eve spoke a language Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: If a person knew no languages...   

Back to top Go down
 
If a person knew no languages...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Multiple usernames..........same person.
» Detecting for a disabled person
» Kasey Kahne is an evil person :(
» VTX1800 w/2-person sidecar... A no-rub tire size, PLEASE!
» The coolest man (person?) in rock

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: