Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

We all knew this was going to happen: Charlie Brenneman cut by the UFC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

We all knew this was going to happen: Charlie Brenneman cut by the UFC Empty
PostSubject: We all knew this was going to happen: Charlie Brenneman cut by the UFC   We all knew this was going to happen: Charlie Brenneman cut by the UFC EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 7:45 pm

Charlie took to Twitter this morning, to make his fans aware of the change in his career path. I reached out to him, and got a short interview for our readers. Here's what he had to say:

"Basically, I realized after my last fight that I wasn't in a good situation. A week had passed, and yesterday I got a call from my manager/trainer, Mike Constantino. He just said it as succinctly as possible, which is how I prefer it, 'It's not good, you're cut.'

There's nothing really to say. I kind of made my own bed, and I hope to get another chance. I lost to Kyle Noke, and when someone says, 'You got caught early', I have to counter that by saying that I shouldn't have left him the opening to hit me. That's just the way it goes.

I'm not closing the book on anything. The UFC is where I want to be, and it's where I will be again. I give up a lot to fight. I don't live with my wife. I live in New Jersey so I can devote myself to training, when all my family lives in Pennsylvania. It's not a question of drive and passion. I have plenty of that. When that drive naturally expires, then I'll think about stopping."
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: We all knew this was going to happen: Charlie Brenneman cut by the UFC   We all knew this was going to happen: Charlie Brenneman cut by the UFC EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 7:56 pm

I thought the stoppage was kind of weak sauce in the Noke fight, but he has not looked good since knocking the Rick Story train off the tracks. He needs to up his all around game. Being a good wrestler is all good and well, but eventually they to need to develop more to their game just like the BJJ guys and strikers have to if they plan to stick around. Too predictable.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: We all knew this was going to happen: Charlie Brenneman cut by the UFC   We all knew this was going to happen: Charlie Brenneman cut by the UFC EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 8:32 pm

I like that he is taking ownership of the situation and not just sitting there saying "I got caught, it happens to everyone".I'm not knocking guys who do get caught, but if he would have said that when he's 2-3 in his last 5 and all three losses coming by first round finish that just doesn't cut it anymore. I hope to see him back eventually.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: We all knew this was going to happen: Charlie Brenneman cut by the UFC   We all knew this was going to happen: Charlie Brenneman cut by the UFC EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 9:27 am

I think he is still worthy of a roster spot. Maybe he can get in on that 1st season of Bellator on SPIKE. They are already saving Lima, Saunders and Daley for that tourney. Adding Charlie would be a nice fit.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: We all knew this was going to happen: Charlie Brenneman cut by the UFC   We all knew this was going to happen: Charlie Brenneman cut by the UFC EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 3:34 pm

Looks like we can add these guys to the cut list also. Eiji Mitsuoka (0-2 in the UFC), Michihiro Omigawa (1-6), Tommy Hayden (0-2) and Walel Watson (0-2).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We all knew this was going to happen: Charlie Brenneman cut by the UFC   We all knew this was going to happen: Charlie Brenneman cut by the UFC Empty

Back to top Go down

We all knew this was going to happen: Charlie Brenneman cut by the UFC
Page 1 of 1