Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Carwin injured, but still fighting Nelson

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Carwin injured, but still fighting Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Carwin injured, but still fighting Nelson   Carwin injured, but still fighting Nelson EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:19 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/9/27/3418494/shane-carwin-knee-injury-roy-nelson-tuf-16-finale-mma
Quote :
Shane Carwin was forced to pull out of this weekend's UFC fan festivities, but as of now, is not expected to miss his fight against Roy Nelson at the TUF 16 live finale on Dec. 15 in Las Vegas.

Shane Carwin recently suffered a knee injury during wrestling practice and was forced to withdraw from his autograph signing across the pond during this weekend's UFC on FUEL TV 5 event in Nottingham, England.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Carwin injured, but still fighting Nelson   Carwin injured, but still fighting Nelson EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:22 pm

Not a good sign for a guy coming off a long layoff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carwin injured, but still fighting Nelson   Carwin injured, but still fighting Nelson EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:53 pm

Shane's probably still trying to go through with it because he's been out so long, guy's probably itching to fight after being out for a year.

Nelson's got good odds here so I might cash in on this.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Carwin injured, but still fighting Nelson   Carwin injured, but still fighting Nelson EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Ali wrote:
Shane's probably still trying to go through with it because he's been out so long, guy's probably itching to fight after being out for a year.

Yeah Shane is 37 and will be 38 less then a month after his fight with Nelson. Combine that with his cardio issues in the past and his long layoff, Nelson chances just get better and better. I'm hoping he doesn't hobble into that fight just for the paycheck. Hopefully he is healthy and in shape.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carwin injured, but still fighting Nelson   Carwin injured, but still fighting Nelson EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:00 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Yeah Shane is 37 and will be 38 less then a month after his fight with Nelson. Combine that with his cardio issues in the past and his long layoff, Nelson chances just get better and better. I'm hoping he doesn't hobble into that fight just for the paycheck. Hopefully he is healthy and in shape.

Holy crap I knew Carwin was getting up there but I didn't realize he was close to 38.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Carwin injured, but still fighting Nelson   Carwin injured, but still fighting Nelson EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:03 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Holy crap I knew Carwin was getting up there but I didn't realize he was close to 38.
Yeah he was 35ish when he fought Lesnar. Hasn't fought in about 15 months or so now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carwin injured, but still fighting Nelson   Carwin injured, but still fighting Nelson EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:04 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Yeah he was 35ish when he fought Lesnar. Hasn't fought in about 15 months or so now.

Horrible luck with injuries.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Carwin injured, but still fighting Nelson   Carwin injured, but still fighting Nelson EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:05 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Horrible luck with injuries.
Big dude, puts alot of strain on the body. Especially when it has to carry around a Tito sized head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carwin injured, but still fighting Nelson   Carwin injured, but still fighting Nelson Empty

Back to top Go down

Carwin injured, but still fighting Nelson
Page 1 of 1