Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16

Go down 
+4
josh200612
Birdofthad
Primetyme199
GDPofDRC
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 Empty
PostSubject: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:43 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/29653/usa-today-roy-nelson-shane-carwin-to-be-the-ultimate-fighter-16-coaches.mma
Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight contenders Roy Nelson and Shane Carwin will serve as coaches on the 16th season of "The Ultimate Fighter," and they'll meet in a season-ending fight in the show's live finale.

UFC president Dana White exclusively revealed the coaches' selections to USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) on Wednesday.

"TUF," the UFC's long-running reality series, returns to FX in September, and taping begins next month. FX also will air the live finale from Las Vegas in December.

"This is going to be a very interesting dynamic between these two heavyweights," White said. "They both have huge punching power and great chins, but outside of the octagon, they couldn't be any more different.

"These two have been going at it on social media for a while and don't seem to like each other very much, but they are going to be seeing a lot of each other during this series."

The Ultimate Fighter has launched the UFC careers of nearly 200 mixed martial artists during its seven-year, 15-season run.

Each season, two established stars serve as coaches of opposing teams.

This year, the show will start with 32 welterweights, and 16 elimination-round winners will become official cast members. Cameras will document their training sessions and fights, and one tournament champion will be crowned in the live finale.

TUF has produced former UFC champions such as Rashad Evans, Forrest Griffin and Matt Serra. Nelson (17-7 MMA, 4-3 UFC), in fact, entered the UFC after winning The Ultimate Fighter 10. He scored a knockout victory against Dave Herman in May to get back into the title picture.

Carwin (12-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC), meanwhile, is a former UFC interim titleholder who has been on the sideline for more than a year after neck and back surgeries.

The differences between the two fighters are numerous.

Bulked-up and wrestling-oriented Carwin is a mechanical engineer by day, while portly jiujitsu ace "Big Country" Nelson is a full-time fighter.

White loves the differences.

"I guarantee it will make for great TV," he said.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:43 am

I guess I'm just glad Carwin is finally back. This is a fight that was suppose to happen before.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:18 pm

Sleep
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:38 pm

The return of the Mullet.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:50 pm

anyone else think Nelson will use this as a platform to really bash steroid fighters??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:08 pm

Eh.........

I love the idea of a Carwin vs. Nelson fight but using them for tuf coaches seems like an odd choice.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:12 pm

Ali wrote:
Eh.........

I love the idea of a Carwin vs. Nelson fight but using them for tuf coaches seems like an odd choice.
I prefer this over using Champions or fighters close to title shots.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:13 pm

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 5:58 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Carwin's coaching staff

Quote :
Trevor Wittman, Nate Marquardt, Pat Barry, Leister Bowling and Loren Landlow

http://mmajunkie.com/news/29895/shane-carwin-picks-wittman-marquardt-barry-among-others-for-tuf-16-coaching-staff.mma
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 3:28 pm

Quote :
"He's a pain in the ass. He was a pain in the ass when he was on the show as a contestant, he's a pain in the ass since he's been in the UFC and he's a huge pain in the ass now that he's on the show.I knew it was gonna happen. I butt heads with this guy nonstop. He's a pain in the ass. It's the only way I can explain the guy. The first day we start filming, he starts shooting his mouth off and saying dumb shit. You'll see."
Dana talking about Roy Nelson
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 3:31 pm

OU wrote:
Quote :
"He's a pain in the ass. He was a pain in the ass when he was on the show as a contestant, he's a pain in the ass since he's been in the UFC and he's a huge pain in the ass now that he's on the show.I knew it was gonna happen. I butt heads with this guy nonstop. He's a pain in the ass. It's the only way I can explain the guy. The first day we start filming, he starts shooting his mouth off and saying dumb shit. You'll see."

haha Dana acts surprised
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 3:38 pm

SOKO wrote:
OU wrote:
Quote :

haha Dana acts surprised
He just doesn't like Roy because he isn't afraid to speak his mind. He doesn't just fall in line and support all things Zuffa. Dana didn't like how BJ Penn and Roy were calling for more drug testing. Roy is hard for Dana to handle because he doesn't just bend over and take it like many of the fighters do.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 3:42 pm

your exactly right and thats why you cant hate roy for any reason. fatboy is the man
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:50 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30163/the-ultimate-fighter-16-debuts-sept-14-on-fx.mma
The next installment of "The Ultimate Fighter," the UFC's long-running reality series, debuts Friday, Sept. 14, on FX.

As with "TUF 15" (also dubbed "TUF: Live") earlier this year, "TUF 16" remains in its Friday-night timeslot, but it returns to a taped format without live fights.

Heavyweight contenders Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson serve as opposing head coaches on the long-running competition/reality series.

This season begins with 32 UFC hopefuls. After an elimination round of fights, the 16 winning fighters become official cast members. They're then drafted into opposing teams coached by Carwin and Nelson.

Unlike some past seasons, "TUF 16" will use a single-elimination tournament format with no wild-card/second-chance fights.

UFC officials have not yet announced this season's group of 32 fighters.

The show concludes with a live finale on Dec. 1. Carwin (12-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC) and Nelson (17-7 MMA, 4-3 UFC) also meet at the event, which is slated to take place in Las Vegas.

"TUF" launched on Spike TV in 2005 and has been a groundbreaking series for the UFC. The show has launched the careers of nearly 200 UFC fighters and has produced champions such as Rashad Evans, Forrest Griffin and Matt Serra. Nelson, in fact, entered the UFC after winning "TUF 10."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:18 pm

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:36 pm

OU wrote:
Roy has really been working on his kicks
http://www.killsometime.com/videos/9175/Greatest-Karate-Kick-Ever

Better than I thought he would do.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:37 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:
Roy has really been working on his kicks
http://www.killsometime.com/videos/9175/Greatest-Karate-Kick-Ever

Better than I thought he would do.
I think he has been working with Sensei Seagal. Those kicks are deadly.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:40 pm

They had a lot more snap than I thought that dude could muster. I was fully expecting to see him fall an knock those candles over horribly burning himself and his grandmother.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:40 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
They had a lot more snap than I thought that dude could muster. I was fully expecting to see him fall an knock those candles over horribly burning himself and his grandmother.
LOL you and me both. I was surprised the big man was able to kick that fast.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:15 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:28 pm

OU wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]

Well shit, when there are more house highlights then cage highlights, you know shit is gonna be lame.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:30 pm

Yeah I didn't watch the clip. But I read the headline that said they are trying to fix low ratings by putting a bunch of "dudebros" in the house...or something like that.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:32 pm

It will work, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:50 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
It will work, unfortunately.
I have lost pretty much all interest in TUF. Haven't watched the last 2 seasons, fights only.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16   Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson to coach TUF 16
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next