Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm sorry, I thought this was America?

Go down 
+2
GDPofDRC
OU
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

I'm sorry, I thought this was America? Empty
PostSubject: I'm sorry, I thought this was America?   I'm sorry, I thought this was America? EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 2:03 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2152535/NY-ban-fizzy-drinks-Mayor-Michael-Bloomberg-plans-defends-ban-16oz-soft-drinks-soda.html
If Hizzoner has his way, any soft drink over 16 ounces (1 pint) will be outlawed across the city by March 2013 and restaurants that don't fall in line will be slapped with a $200 fine.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry, I thought this was America?   I'm sorry, I thought this was America? EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Sad day in America when you can't even by a Big Gulp. How the fuck is obesity a government issue?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry, I thought this was America?   I'm sorry, I thought this was America? EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 2:09 pm

OU wrote:
Sad day in America when you can't even by a Big Gulp. How the fuck is obesity a government issue?

+1

Why must politicians meddle in our decision to stuff our faces with junk food and consume gallons of fizzy drinks ?

It's just as bad here where they want to tax junk food Mad
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry, I thought this was America?   I'm sorry, I thought this was America? EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 2:16 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:

+1

Why must politicians meddle in our decision to stuff our faces with junk food and consume gallons of fizzy drinks ?

It's just as bad here where they want to tax junk food Mad
People are dying young and fat because they keep telling us there won't be any money left for us when we are old. They should serve us 100oz of soda in fried cups with lard straws. Uncle Sam needs to mind his own damn business, worry about bigger things.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry, I thought this was America?   I'm sorry, I thought this was America? EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 2:22 pm

If you still chug huge soda, you deserve the type 2 diabetes brewing in your pancreas. Let those people kill themselves then charge double for their medical expenses.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry, I thought this was America?   I'm sorry, I thought this was America? EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 2:26 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
If you still chug huge soda, you deserve the type 2 diabetes brewing in your pancreas. Let those people kill themselves then charge double for their medical expenses.
I'm fine with that. But there is no reason why Uncle Sam should be the one making that choice. Allow people to make their own decisions and live with the consequences. Don't treat everyone like a little fucking kid. I remember when I was a kid I wasn't allowed more then 1 soda. But I'm a grown ass man and should be allowed to spend my money and stuff my face with whatever I want. Let people live...or die if that's their choice.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry, I thought this was America?   I'm sorry, I thought this was America? EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 4:51 pm

we can smoke bud in cali but cant get a 32 oz in NY WTF. Im for both
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry, I thought this was America?   I'm sorry, I thought this was America? EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:12 pm

Im gonna run for potus in 2016. Im also gonna make a thread later and you can ask me how to fix this country I will hire an English grad to type when i am in office. I bet i do better on the Mic than barak, Hitler, jfk, Clinton,the rock, lawler, and Elvis. I will speak the truth. bbc12 for potus 2016. I will run independent to make it even also.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry, I thought this was America?   I'm sorry, I thought this was America? EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:19 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Im gonna run for potus in 2016. Im also gonna make a thread later and you can ask me how to fix this country I will hire an English grad to type when i am in office. I bet i do better on the Mic than barak, Hitler, jfk, Clinton,the rock, lawler, and Elvis. I will speak the truth. bbc12 for potus 2016. I will run independent to make it even also.
I'm sorry, I thought this was America? 129029141583227294
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry, I thought this was America?   I'm sorry, I thought this was America? EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:51 am

Im not totally against the law. Obesity is not some trivial issue. It's a major drain on the health care system, and will only continue to get worse.

Difference between this and pot is the public venue in which the soft drinks are being consumed.

And of coarse, America was initially small central gov't, with stronger state and local govt's. This is a local law, not a federal.

And of coarse part deux, America allowed people to be owned as property. So one could easily argue that today's gov't is much more responsible then the original version.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry, I thought this was America?   I'm sorry, I thought this was America? EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 9:22 am

captain organic wrote:
Im not totally against the law. Obesity is not some trivial issue. It's a major drain on the health care system, and will only continue to get worse.

Difference between this and pot is the public venue in which the soft drinks are being consumed.

And of coarse, America was initially small central gov't, with stronger state and local govt's. This is a local law, not a federal.

And of coarse part deux, America allowed people to be owned as property. So one could easily argue that today's gov't is much more responsible then the original version.
I don't see how anyone can't be totally against this. Limiting the amout of soda people can drink? Seriously? Are they going to limit the amount of pizza we are allowed to consume next? Only allow light beer? Are we going to outlaw all fried foods next? What freedoms come next? Are we going to limit the amount of TV people are allowed to watch? I'm sorry, I thought this was America...
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry, I thought this was America?   I'm sorry, I thought this was America? EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:15 am

I'm sorry, I thought this was America? 6569de2b503c8a3d2e721a408b25fbdf
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry, I thought this was America?   I'm sorry, I thought this was America? EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:23 pm

OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:

I don't see how anyone can't be totally against this. Limiting the amout of soda people can drink? Seriously? Are they going to limit the amount of pizza we are allowed to consume next? Only allow light beer? Are we going to outlaw all fried foods next? What freedoms come next? Are we going to limit the amount of TV people are allowed to watch? I'm sorry, I thought this was America...

Without even looking at it, Im guessing the law is how much a business can sell as a personel sized drink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry, I thought this was America?   I'm sorry, I thought this was America? Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm sorry, I thought this was America?
Page 1 of 1