Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?

Go down 
+7
jewzilla
acccardinal12
GDPofDRC
josh200612
captain organic
Farmer1906
OU
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  Empty
PostSubject: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:38 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/28/3275806/dana-white-who-wants-to-see-brock-lesnar-vs-fedor-emelianenko-fight
It's well known that I'm a mark for both men, for wildly different reasons, so when Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White recently posed this incendiary question on the Underground, it was my duty to help out the despondent mixed martial arts (MMA) despot.

Indeed, White -- who is perhaps bored and trolling MMA forums because he has nothing to do this weekend -- actually asked for fan feedback on a fight between former UFC heavyweight champion, Brock Lesnar, and his personal white whale, Fedor Emelianenko.

White's post:
Quote :

"Is this the fight u guys want to see? Post a thread asking if people want to see this fight."

True to MMA forum form, a thread was immediately created and "exploded" with an avalanche of comments. And who could blame them: When a hacker "announced" the showdown on the M-1 Global website just a few months ago, the MMA universe nearly melted.

For the sake of responsible "journalism," it's important to point out that a recent meeting between White and Lesnar -- who retired from the sport and raced into the open, and lucrative, arms of the WWE -- "did not go well." On the flipside, prior to his MMA retirement earlier this year, Emelianenko left the door open just a smidge for a future fight with Lesnar, saying "anything is possible."

With UFC 151 canceled, and no breaking news to pass along, let's play along and party like it's fucking 2009.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 10:18 am

I'd still love to see this fight despite Brock bringing out breakdance moves anytime someone punches him.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 10:25 am

It wouldn't have mattered when this fight took place. There was never any point where Brock could have won this fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 10:28 am

OU wrote:
It wouldn't have mattered when this fight took place. There was never any point where Brock could have won this fight.

Before Brock came down with diverticu.... the fight would have been intriguing.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 10:30 am

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:

Before Brock came down with diverticu.... the fight would have been intriguing.
Only because Brock's hype was at an all time high. In reality, he would have been dominated by Fedor. Brock being a better fighter before his injury/disease is a misconception.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:14 am

Still think a Brock bull rush with ground n pound could gave been a scenario that played out with the size difference.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:38 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Still think a Brock bull rush with ground n pound could gave been a scenario that played out with the size difference.

No doubt, Big Foot was able to top control and maul Fedor, def see it as possible that Brock could do the same.

Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:45 am

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

No doubt, Big Foot was able to top control and maul Fedor, def see it as possible that Brock could do the same.

This.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:46 am

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

A couple things there. Bigfoot is better at avoiding submissions. He has never been submitted. Fedor could rip Brock's arm off. Also Brock hasn't faced anyone that has that kind of speed and power in his hands. It's far more likely that Brock would turtle his ass up.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:54 am

I'm not picking Brock to win, Fedor could certainly KO Brock (see it as less likely that Fedor submits Brock) but u can't say Brock would not now, nor never had a chance to win.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:55 am

captain organic wrote:
I'm not picking Brock to win, Fedor could certainly KO Brock (see it as less likely that Fedor submits Brock) but u can't say Brock would not now, nor never had a chance to win.
Anything can happen in MMA, but his chances are very slim.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 12:15 pm

Brock at his very best maybe would of been competitive with 1999 Fedor or maybe Fedor today with no training within 5 minutes of him waking up in the morning, maybe. I can't believe anyone would buy the Brock hype though in reality unless they had several times before needed the Heimlich to remove his testicles from their throats. Or have laughably irrational hatred towards Fedor.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 12:15 pm

That said, I would love to see this fight!!!!!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 12:16 pm

Nah, deserved underdog, but I like his chances better then "very slim".

And I hate Brock, but he is huge, we've seen some pretty brutal GnP from him, and we've seen Fedor recently lose to a huge fighter via brutal GnP.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 12:20 pm

captain organic wrote:

And I hate Brock, but he is huge, we've seen some pretty brutal GnP from him, and we've seen Fedor recently lose to a huge fighter via brutal GnP.

Where he lost it was on the feet. Silva was able to connect on him and hurt him pretty good. It definitely made it more surprising in the second when he then shot with no strikes. And, lesson learned, cannot assume that one guy doing that means all from there on out do, especially Brock, whose MMA wrestling is overrated as shit.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 12:21 pm

I bet this fight would still sell over 1 million PPVs, even with the 151 undercard.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 12:23 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
captain organic wrote:

Where he lost it was on the feet. Silva was able to connect on him and hurt him pretty good. It definitely made it more surprising in the second when he then shot with no strikes. And, lesson learned, cannot assume that one guy doing that means all from there on out do, especially Brock, whose MMA wrestling is overrated as shit.
I think people are underestimating Bigfoots BJJ defense. Never been submitted. You can't assume Brock could survive on the ground with Fedor.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Brock has a chance, but I think it is about 90% to 10% in Fedor's favor. Brock is the fighter that has made a lot of peoples arguments here, in particular about the dreaded "Bull Rush", look silly.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 12:45 pm

Fedor could land that bomb and the longer the fight went on his chances get better for any kind of win. That said, I see Brock getting the TD and pounding Fedor out.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 12:47 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Fedor could land that bomb and the longer the fight went on his chances get better for any kind of win. That said, I see Brock getting the TD and pounding Fedor out.
LOL I'm sure you do.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 12:49 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:

lol, Brock did you wrong enough times after saying this, I'm glad this is a Dana troll.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 12:55 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
captain organic wrote:

I'm not assuming brock would take Fedor down, but one cannot assume that he can't.

for as overrated as Brock's wrestling maybe(it's not Cain level for sure), it's still better then Silva's.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 12:56 pm

captain organic wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
captain organic wrote:

I'm not assuming brock would take Fedor down, but one cannot assume that he can't.

for as overrated as Brock's wrestling maybe(it's not Cain level for sure), it's still better then Silva's.
But can Brock survive on the ground? Bigfoot has been on the ground with some good submission guys and has never been subbed. Fedor has a much better chance to submit Brock then he did Bigfoot.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 1:02 pm

Fedor could submit Brock. Im not saying he can't. Would be tough though. Brock plays it pretty safe in top position.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 1:05 pm

captain organic wrote:
Fedor could submit Brock. Im not saying he can't. Would be tough though. Brock plays it pretty safe in top position.
He also has far less training in submission defense then Bigfoot. Brock was late to the game, we can't forget that. He is still green in many areas. Including submissions. Bigfoot is much more comfortable in that position.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?    Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana White asks, Do you want to see Fedor vs Brock?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next