Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted

Go down 
+4
chorky777
SlickMoneyXL
oggy420
Wolfgangsta
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted Empty
PostSubject: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:51 am

UFC President Dana White thinks former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar will find his way back into the Octagon much sooner than previously expected following his one-sided technical knockout loss to the unbeaten Cain Velasquez in the UFC 121 headliner on Saturday at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

The indomitable Velasquez stopped the former World Wrestling Entertainment superstar with heavy ground-and-pound 4:12 into the first round. Prior to the bout, Lesnar vowed to take a break from MMA in order to pursue other pastimes: hunting and spending time with family and friends. White foresees those plans being altered.

“We’re going to find out the real competitive side of Brock Lesnar here,” White told ESPN’s “MMA Live.” “I have a feeling, knowing him, his plans are going to be cut short. I think obviously he’s going to go hunting and spend some time with his family, but I think we’ll see him back a lot sooner than what we had planned.”

White does not believe Lesnar’s image will suffer much of a hit publicly. As the sport’s top box office draw, he has been at the heart of the promotion’s two most profitable pay-per-view events: UFC 100 in July 2009 and UFC 116 three months ago.

“This is mixed martial arts. Every dog has his day, and today was his day,” White said. “We’ll see what happens. I think people will always be interested in Brock, and now they’ll be interested in Cain, too.”

Velasquez survived two takedowns from the imposing champion and attacked him with clean, accurate power punches to the head. White pointed to Lesnar’s inexperienced stand-up skills and believes they may have led, at least partially, to his undoing.

“He has been working on his stand-up,” White said. “He’s only fought five times in the UFC. We’ve seen fights where his stand-up looks good. He’s not going to win any boxing titles, but it looks good when he’s doing the punching. When he starts getting hit is when his hands start to fall apart. It’s not a matter of working on his hands enough. It’s a different ballgame when you’re getting punched in face.”

White also addressed questions regarding whether or not Lesnar verbally submitted to the assault being inflicted upon him by Velasquez.

“I was watching the monitor, and I thought he yelled ‘Stop!’ White said. “From what I saw, I thought he did, too.”
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 1:42 pm

rofl NO MAS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 1:46 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
rofl NO MAS.
?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:16 pm

he's laughing at lesnar. No Mas means no more in spanish
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:24 pm

oggy420 wrote:

Which Roberto Duran made famous by saying it to the ref against Sugar Ray Leonard in their rematch.

#BoxingHistory
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:26 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:30 pm

oggy420 wrote:

Thanks. That's funny actually.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:59 pm

That's a lot of ouch right there. No one can complain about a bad stoppage or anything.

Cain should have his record be 7 KO's, 1 Sub, 1 decision, 0 loses.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:06 pm

Sounds like Dana is trying to cheer himself up. After his binge in Anahiem last night he came to the conclusion that Brock..having taken a beating from Carwin and then being destroyed by Cain will not take much of a hit in his indestructable monster image and now Cain will become a huge draw as well.

Brock will still be able to sell a PPV but the days of him rivaling Pac and Pretty Boy are over. Brock quite simply has looked really good when he fought Heath and Frank. Couture was a big win. I didnt think he came out of the Carwin fight looking good like so many other people thought. Actually, like a few others i came out of the Brock-Carwin fight thinking Cain was going to beat him...i think he only won the fight because Carwin punched himself out and wasent as meticulous as Cain which hurt him big time as his tank clearly went to E. Cain was just too much of the whole package.

I don't think it's simply a dog having his day as Dana puts it. That dog would maul Lesnar everday IMO. I really like Velasquez. He's pretty much everything UFC has hyped Brock Lesnar to be. Cain has been dominant every step of the way.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:11 pm

Damn that even makes it worse.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:13 pm

Lesnar has never been the best HW in MMA and everyone who believed it was duped.

It's subconscious. The jawline, the cartoon character upper body and tiny waist. Maybe it isn't anyone's fault. Maybe people are just responding to genetic factors that tell us to follow and respect the strongest looking guys.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:15 pm

When he was winning fights and people saw potential, no one was really duped, just gave an opinion, you got one right, nice job, now wrap it up.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:16 pm

You were totally duped.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:19 pm

He lost to the best HW in the World, stilll has solid wins and way too early to write him off.

You were duped on Vera and said Jardine would give Anderson trouble, just off the top of my head too.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:20 pm

LA wrote:
He lost to the best HW in the World, stilll has solid wins and way too early to write him off.

You were duped on Vera and said Jardine would give Anderson trouble, just off the top of my head too.

Duped by Vera, hella

But that Jardine comment was a half joke I stole from Jake Rossen's sherdog blog.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:22 pm

Sure, and yes you talked up Vera hard before his freefall
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:27 pm

Jardine kind of duped me though too. Maybe it was his KO over Forrest, his pointing of Liddell and his close fight with Rampage, but I thought he was way better than he turned out to be. Think we all got duped there. He way way over achieved. He wasn't fed favorable match ups though like Lesnar was.

Vera I held out hope for for a long time. He was a paper tiger 4 sho.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:28 pm

Former Champs = favorable
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:30 pm

I am talking more Herring>Couture.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:32 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Herring was a good win at the time but a title shot over a 45 year old shot Couture with no chin was a bout any top guy would have won.

This whole thing happened because of how bad Tim Sylvia sucked. It's all Tim's fault!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:35 pm

Whatever makes it work for ya
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 9:15 pm

I still think most people feel the same way today about Brock Lesnar as they did on Saturday before the fight. Take that to mean what you will.

It's true for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 10:03 pm

Yeah i do still believe Brock is a top HW and will learn from this loss and get better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 4:31 am

The thing is which fighter has fought harder competition in their first 5 fights over the past decade? No one. Brock never padded up his record fighting bums while he learnt his trade. He didn't go to Bellator or some other minor league. He stepped in with the big boys straight away. He still has time on his side but he needs to step back and forget about the title for a couple of years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted   Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana White says Brock Lesnar verbally submitted
Page 1 of 1