Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Potential Major Problem

Go down 
+11
GDPofDRC
ohiovol62
GolbeZ
Farmer1906
bobbitt15
Andrew the Raider King
chorky777
Birdofthad
Wolfgangsta
CrazyHorseBennett
Skyab23
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Skyab23
White Belt
White Belt
Skyab23

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, GSP, Nog

A Potential Major Problem Empty
PostSubject: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 11:58 am

It is well known that Machida has stated he will not fight Anderson Silva because of their friendship. Now, in a recent interview he has stated that he will also refuse to fight Lil Nog, who is just coming off of an impressive victory at UFC 106. What does this mean for potential future matchups for the best fighters in their respective divisions if they refuse to fight one another. Also, while I usually would pull for Lyoto during his rematch against Shogun, I feel as though I should pull for Rua so that I can see Nogueira get a shot at the belt, which I believe he will be due after 2 more fights, possibly after a win against Forrest Griffin and then assuming he can beat the winner of Evans/Silva.
Back to top Go down
CrazyHorseBennett
CrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Aaron Pryor, Lord Fedor, Charles Bennett

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 12:45 pm

Dana needs to put his foot down with all this bullshit. He has no problem being a hardass it other aspects of handling the fighters.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:02 pm

Ed Soras has stated recently though that should Little Nog do well against Cane that it would likely lead to Rogerio fighting Machida. I think Soras realizes the money they'd be missing there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:24 pm

I agree with crazyhorse Dana needs to have a chat with Machida.

Last edited by Ali_1748 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 5:38 pm

Machida better wake up and realize you dont get to dictate who you will fight when you are the champ. i dont care if your friends or not, this bullshit is annoying and just makes him look scared
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 5:46 pm

The problem is, you can't make somebody fight someone else. It's just unethical. So you have to really make them want to by giving good enough monetary incentive.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:51 pm

I think not being called a pussy who wont fight 2 top guys in your weight class is incentive enough
Back to top Go down
Skyab23
White Belt
White Belt
Skyab23

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 8:20 pm

As much as I don't like Dana and some of his dictatorial ways, I think he needs to step in when the time comes and tell them that if they refuse to fight then they will have to vacate their belt. Because we're potentially talking about seeing some of the great matchups in the sport's history if Silva decides to fight more in the LH division, and if Lil' Nog can continue fighting as impressively as he has over the course of his career.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 9:21 pm

In boxing and modern MMA/UFC friends fought all the time, it wasnt until Pat Miletich left Welter cause of Matt hughes, that all this stuff started happening.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 9:32 pm

My personal opinion...Fuck these guys! You want to get paid Mother Fucker? Then you put them up against anybody. No more of the Mickey Mouse horseshit, you either put up or give up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 9:47 pm

Honestly, Would any of you fight your best friend?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 10:52 pm

Yes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 10:55 pm

You must not be good friends then. Either that or you care more about money.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 11:47 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Honestly, Would any of you fight your best friend?

1 They're not best friends. They're semi training partners and friends.

2 Hell yes when the money is that big.
Back to top Go down
Skyab23
White Belt
White Belt
Skyab23

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 12:06 am

This is a business and yes I know it's fighting but as Hyman Roth once said.."this is the life we've chosen."
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 3:56 am

Birdofthad wrote:
I think not being called a pussy who wont fight 2 top guys in your weight class is incentive enough

Anderson Silva said he wont fight Machida either ... so pinning the pussy tag on only Machida for that one is stupid ... If 2 people dont want to fight each other, they dont have to, sorry ..

Now, Machida said he wont fight Lil Nog, but what is he saying? because all it takes is to have one fighter want the fight for Dana to be able to do something..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 6:14 am

They get paid the same no matter who they fight so they don't have to fight their friends
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 9:14 am

Medium sized Nog was really impressive in his last fight but Nog will prolly never be the #1 contender in LHW because of the deep talent pool at LHW. Shogun will beat Machida in the rematch anyway. So if anything, it'll be Nog vs Shogun II.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 1:20 pm

If Machida is scared to defend his title against Silva or Rogerio he should be stripped flat out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:42 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
If Machida is scared to defend his title against Silva or Rogerio he should be stripped flat out.

wouldnt that just give you a boner to beat off too for at least a month GDP...

I am getting so confused on this topic/ the people responding to it .. Spider doesn't want to fight Machida for the LHW title either so who gives a shit .. Stop bringing up Machida vs Spider .. it has no merit to the topic: being that BOTH fucking fighters dont want to fight, but yeah only Machida is scared of course ... "omg you both dont want to fight eachother?!! than I am stripping one of you the belt!!!".. makes sense, good job, and good logic ..

and Little Nog isnt going to make it to a title shot so who cares ..

cheese and whine.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 3:17 pm

Who says Little Nog won't make it to a title shot? If Machida beats Shogun in the rematch and Nog picks up another quality win I'd have to imagine he's right at the top of the list with the Rashad-Thiago winner
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 3:26 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Who says Little Nog won't make it to a title shot? If Machida beats Shogun in the rematch and Nog picks up another quality win I'd have to imagine he's right at the top of the list with the Rashad-Thiago winner

just give him the winner of Rashad vs Thiago to fight on May 1st w/ the Shogun vs Machida II for a title shot...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 4:36 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

I am getting so confused on this topic/ the people responding to it .. Spider doesn't want to fight Machida for the LHW title either so who gives a shit .. Stop bringing up Machida vs Spider .. it has no merit to the topic: being that BOTH fucking fighters dont want to fight, but yeah only Machida is scared of course ... "omg you both dont want to fight eachother?!! than I am stripping one of you the belt!!!".. makes sense, good job, and good logic ..

cheese and whine.

So you're saying you think about me fapping? This isn't that kind of forum.

If a champ is scared of being exposed by top competition in the division because they are his old training partners and might know his weaknesses or because he is scared he might hurt his friend/friendship then they have no place being champ. If the camp refuses to defend his belt against top competition he shouldn't have the right to defend it against lesser fighters. What kind of pussy says 'well, I'm just gonna fight the people ranked below the top five because I'm friends with the other guys'? Is that what a champ would say? Fake champs dodge contenders. And as far as contenders dodging champs, why bother fighting if you don't want to be the best.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 5:01 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

cheese and whine.

So you're saying you think about me fapping? This isn't that kind of forum.

If a champ is scared of being exposed by top competition in the division because they are his old training partners and might know his weaknesses or because he is scared he might hurt his friend/friendship then they have no place being champ. If the camp refuses to defend his belt against top competition he shouldn't have the right to defend it against lesser fighters. What kind of pussy says 'well, I'm just gonna fight the people ranked below the top five because I'm friends with the other guys'? Is that what a champ would say? Fake champs dodge contenders. And as far as contenders dodging champs, why bother fighting if you don't want to be the best.

????? Again. How is Machida dodging anyone?????? Neither are challenging him.. "You are a pussy and a fake champ because you wont fight someone that wont fight you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 5:06 pm

Does Machida sound like a champion who would fight every worthy competitor? Doesn't often sound like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Potential Major Problem   A Potential Major Problem Empty

Back to top Go down

A Potential Major Problem
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next