Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'

Go down 
+5
GDPofDRC
Cu Bu
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
Birdofthad
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' Empty
PostSubject: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 11:29 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/18/3251632/ufc-jon-jones-lyoto-machida-rematch

Lyoto Machida won the "Most Impressve Man" contest at UFC on Fox 4 and supposedly now will get a rematch with Jon Jones for the UFC light heavyweight title. Jones choked Machida unconscious back in December and Jon has no interest in doing the fight again.

ESPN has the quotes:

"I don't want to fight Lyoto Machida," Jones said. "He was my lowest pay-per-view draw of last year.

"No one wants to see me fight Lyoto Machida. I don't want to fight Lyoto again. Lyoto is high risk and low reward.

"He's a tough fighter, but no one wants to buy that fight.

"Between (Mauricio) Shogun (Rua), (Quinton) Rampage (Jackson) and Rashad (Evans), Lyoto was my lowest draw. Why would I want to fight someone where it's a lose-lose situation? "I won't make money on it. And he's a tricky fighter."

Jones, of course, has a point.

There's no mystery remaining from the first fight. He proved his dominance over Machida in the first fight and it was so recent that it's not going to be an easy fight to sell by any means.

Yeah, the first round was competitive and Machida probably deserved a 10-9. Who cares? Jones figured him out, made small adjustments, split his head open and then left him unconscious on the ground.

This is a case where Jones saying he doesn't want a fight and talking about making money doesn't bother me at all. This is the opposite of the Anderson Silva talk where he didn't want the fight because he and Anderson have to protect their legacies or whatever. This is a young guy saying "Why fight a guy I dominated recently when it won't make me any money?"

It is a lose-lose situation and I'd tell the UFC to figure something else out as well. A fight that the champion wins in dominant fashion should not have a rematch just one fight removed from the first meeting.
Back to top Go down

Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 11:31 am

Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' Jon_jones_wins_the_chess_matchputs_lyoto_machida_to_sleep_to_defend_his_title_at_ufc_

Machida has been the only fighter to win a round against Jones.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:21 pm

yet somehow you are ok with Cain vs JDS rematch.

Ok
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
yet somehow you are ok with Cain vs JDS rematch.

Ok

Me or Freak ?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:37 pm

Quack quack. Jones needs to stop worrying about Machida & Sonnen because Big Bad Hendo its about to tucking Jones into bed.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:52 pm

freak
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:05 pm

Lol, I didn't even say anything about this fight. All I did was post the article.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:36 pm

my bad I thought the bottom part was your thoughts on it, my b.

thought you were the non bold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 2:06 pm

No worries. None of that were my thoughts. Who do you think should get the next shot?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 2:50 pm

honestly, I don't even know.

I do know one thing, Im with Bones on this, really not excited to see this rematch. At least Rashad and Rampage went some rounds with Bones. Machida possibly won a feel out round and then got owned.

Rua has a better case, record wise, but man his cardio is fucking shit now.
Honestly Gustaffson vs Rua winner should get next imo.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 3:42 pm

Great. Now Jones thinks he's a business man...what a douche
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

I do know one thing, Im with Bones on this, really not excited to see this rematch. At least Rashad and Rampage went some rounds with Bones. Machida possibly won a feel out round and then got owned.

I with Bird, Rua is not what he once was but provides entertaining fights even though i thik Gustaffson will beat him like jones did
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Jon should get use to the idea of rematches if he continues to dominate. LHW is a little light on contenders until Zuffa decide to invest.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:52 pm

Machida had no business getting the first fight. He was riding a 1-2 streak with a win over Couture. He gets put to sleep by the champ then beats on borderline top 10 guy and gets another shot. Absolutely weak. Machida is 2-3 in his last 5. He should be co main eventing based on being a former champ, but thats about it.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:55 pm

That said there aren't a lot of options. Gus is the most obvious after Hendo. He's dubbed not ready yet. So that leaves a super fight with Anderson or a weak rematch that the contender will be undeserving.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Maybe Forrest should get a shot. He's 3-1 in his last 4.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:19 pm

I don't mind title shots being up for grabs on Fox cards as long as the opponents are top ten ranked.

LHW is thin anyways so Machida was bound to get another shot sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:56 pm

I can actually see Shael getting the shot with a win over Forrest..or Forrest getting one with a win over Shael.

As mentioned, the division is slim with guys Jon has not already fought. Shael isnt getting any younger and it's a very marketable fight...and if Forrest wins his recent resume is as good as anybody in the division despite the fact he has not looked all that great.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 12:25 am

Cu Bu wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

I with Bird, Rua is not what he once was but provides entertaining fights even though i thik Gustaffson will beat him like jones did

even though he has slipped, Rua looked like absolute shit and still went 3 with Bones.

I think he can show up and have a better performance, whereas Lyoto showed up, looked good and still went to sleep quick.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 12:26 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Machida had no business getting the first fight. He was riding a 1-2 streak with a win over Couture. He gets put to sleep by the champ then beats on borderline top 10 guy and gets another shot. Absolutely weak. Machida is 2-3 in his last 5. He should be co main eventing based on being a former champ, but thats about it.

completely agree.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:21 am

Regardless of machida being deserving or not, this is still bitch talk by jones . He deserves to be kod by hendo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:24 am

agree GDP and i hope that Hendo can shock the world and solidify himself as a top 5 all time fighter.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 12:12 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Regardless of machida being deserving or not, this is still bitch talk by jones . He deserves to be kod by hendo.

Nah it's real talk. Not the extremes of Silva's camp scoffing at opponents, but similar valid points. And Jones is acknowledging that Machida is a threat. Just noting the high risk low reward. And I think guys like Silva and Jones have earned the right to pick and choose opponents.

But like with Silva, I think if these guys are going to say "this guy is not worthy" then go call out a tough challenge. Call out Silva in a superfight, call out a hwy. It's not the actual talk that is bitch, it's what is not being said is where the bitch lies.
Back to top Go down
thessy11
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:41 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

Rampage got schooled for 3 rounds before getting finished in the 4th, Rashad won one close round on 2 of 3 judges cards in a fight that was barely competitive at any point. Shogun, who you didn't mention along with that point at least, got beat up worse than any of them for 17 minutes before crumpling. Machida got choked out in the second, so that made it a less competitive fight than the others?

The same logic would say that Vitor shouldn't be anywhere near a rematch with Anderson Silva because he got finished in the first round, or probably more accurately Hendo who won a round against Anderson but got tapped in he second, while even Thales Leites lasted to a decision.

I respectfully disagree with you, good sir.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:36 pm

see thessy, I think when Rua goes 3 rounds taking an ass kicking, Rampage goes 4 taking an ass kicking, Rashad goes 5 in a loss and Machida gets choked unconscious standing up, ya thats the worst performance of the bunch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'   Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year' Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon Jones Doesn't Want To Fight Lyoto Machida: 'He Was My Lowest Pay-Per-View Draw Of Last Year'
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next