Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions Empty
PostSubject: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:29 am

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/174053-rapper-50-cent-to-be-a-promoter

Quote :
The rapper's new company would be called TMT Promotions, with TMT being short for "The Money Team," according to the reports.

Mayweather, Dirrell, Gamboa, and Dibb.

Last edited by Ali on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:18 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:57 am

this is a big deal and 50 cent has the net worth (100 million) to actually compete with Arum (200 million) and De La Hoya (175 million) , this is obvious that he will promote Mayweathers next fight and by using Mayweather events he could become a serious promoter.

Hey Im all for it if it helps the sport and I think it will, the GOlden Boy allusion and mirage of doing things the right way has completely worn off and led to the problems that plague boxing today, mainly a failure to make the fight everyone wants to see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:59 am

The problem is will 50 lose interest once he realizes he'll need to spend alot of money in order to make any profit off of the other fighters ? because they'll need alot of promoting.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 12:08 pm

no, hes a good business man he made a ton off of that energy water after poring his own money into it, He already has the biggest fighter in the game in his stable, and adding Dirrell and Gamboa, I think he is in this to make money, not just a s a hobby.

By the wa, you see RIcky Hatton recently? dude lost a lot of weight and a Malignaggi rematch is being tossed around
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
no, hes a good business man he made a ton off of that energy water after poring his own money into it, He already has the biggest fighter in the game in his stable, and adding Dirrell and Gamboa, I think he is in this to make money, not just a s a hobby.

By the wa, you see RIcky Hatton recently? dude lost a lot of weight and a Malignaggi rematch is being tossed around

I would love it if 50 became a big player for boxing, from what I hear he's alot smarter than he appears. We shall see.

Yeah I have, I hope that's just down to Ricky becoming a trainer, a comeback would be a horrible idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 3:33 pm

Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:44 am

Ali wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

I would love it if 50 became a big player for boxing, from what I hear he's alot smarter than he appears. We shall see.

Yeah I have, I hope that's just down to Ricky becoming a trainer, a comeback would be a horrible idea.

he's not going to get knocked out by malignaggi but on the whole, i agree hatton doesn't need to be making a comeback. he probably lost about 3-4 years of his prime by not looking after himself properly between bouts.

regarding the OP, whilst listening to 50 cent and floyd mayweather sucking each others dicks will get very tedious, very quickly, i welcome any move to break the golden boy/top rank stranglehold.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:28 am

I can see him having success but the fact is Floyd isnt going to be around much longer and hard to see him making enough of an impression to the rest of the industry to hold a candle to Top Rank and Golden Boy once he does not have Floyd. Not to mention, his label is likely going to be behind Floyd's own promotion and the promotion of whoever Floyd is fighting.

I can see it starting hot but eventually settling into mid level if he plans to pursue for the long term.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:30 am

Quote :
RAP star 50 Cent and Floyd Mayweather plan to take the UFC head-on for the hearts and wallets of the next generation of fight fans, after forming a company that could dramatically shift the power-base in boxing

In a revealing interview, 50 Cent outlined plans to challenge the domination of boxing promoters Golden Boy and Top Rank "immediately", with their new company TMT (The Money Team) Promotions.

Mayweather has been coordinating raids to sign boxing's best stars from jail - he is due to be released August 3 - with 50 Cent negotiating the deals and says he recently signed Australia's IBF featherweight champion Billy Dib to a three-year contract.

"We want to change boxing," said 50 Cent, real name Curtis Jackson, who's amassed a $110m fortune in the music game.

"The goal initially is to create a company by fighters, for the fighters, which breaks the traditional vibe of promoters taking advantage of fighters.

"We're going to change the demographic also, appeal to the younger demographic.

"You look at UFC and MMA, when their festivities start the place is full, whereas the tradition in boxing is you wait until the main event starts.

"We want to put on cards where there are five main event fights, where there is entertainment from start to finish, cards that command attention all over the world."

50 Cent said TMT Promotions would put on their first show in November, most likely in Las Vegas. That show might possibly feature Mayweather's return to the ring.

Many disillusioned boxing fans have simply stopped watching in recent years, tired of mismatches, politics and meaningless alphabet titles, though Mayweather remains the most watched combat athlete on the planet and earns an estimated $40m per fight.

With the undefeated Mayweather's boxing credentials, and 50 Cent's mass appeal beyond the sport, several contracted top fighters are expected to defect from GBP and Top Rank to join TMT.

"I've already had fighters say to me, 'I wish I could join [TMT] but I've got this contract'," 50 Cent said.

"To me, the options are pretty clear. You can deal with a snake in the grass, a snake in the street or you could try something new."

50 Cent has a well-known story of a tough upbringing in New York, going from teenage drug-dealer to the globe's most recognizable rap star and a successful businessman earning $100 million in a deal to market vitamin water.

"I come from a background where not everything is in your favor, but I always anticipate success, I approach things with a positive outlook," said 50 Cent in reference to his latest venture.

Sydney's Dib is the third fighter on TMT's roster, with stars Yuriorkis Gamboa and Andre Dirrell already on the books.

"I really want to associate myself with the best possible talent, and Billy falls into that category," 50 Cent said.

"Floyd asked me to sign him, he has been watching his career and he has always been a big fan.

"When you have talent, it is important to showcase that talent."

http://www.boxingscene.com/50-cent-outlines-business-plan-vision-tmt-promotions--55517
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 4:02 pm

I like where this is going
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:03 pm

Quote :
Woodsy1069 Michael Woods
RT @AndreBerto: 3 hour Power Meeting with the big homie @50cent..... Big plans in the works
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:22 pm

50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions Media_12422697
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:29 pm

Quote :
TMT ("The Money Team") Promotions, recently formed by the union of Floyd Mayweather Jr. and his friend, millionaire rapper 50 Cent (aka, Curtis Jackson), could boost the sport of boxing in the African American community and make it easier to negotiate a bout between Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao, according to Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, who handles Pacquiao.

Arum said that he believes Jackson could elevate the status of African American fighters in much the same way that Top Rank has for Latino boxers such as Juan Manuel Marquez, Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

"I wish [50 Cent] and his company a lot of luck, because he has, in his business career, been able to energize the African American community and to reach out to them. If he does that as he expects to do in boxing, then that will help everybody in boxing," said Arum.

"It would be just in the same way that we have helped everybody in boxing when we energized the Hispanic American community and got them involved in the sport to where (they are the) biggest fans now. I really and truly wish them the best of luck, and I'm rooting for them."

During an exclusive interview with RingTV.com, 50 Cent said that he would begin running TMT Promotions along with Mayweather when the fighter is released from his 87-day sentence at the Clark County Detention Center on Aug. 3.

Although Mayweather's past six fights have been promoted by Golden Boy Promotions, it is unclear whether or not that relationship would continue under TMT, even as Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer has expressed optimism about working with 50 Cent.

Golden Boy never has signed Mayweather to a promotional contract. But since the fighter's company, Mayweather Promotions, does not have a promoter's license, Mayweather paid Golden Boy a flat fee to promote Mayweather's bouts.

Schaefer and Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya are in London at the Olympics and could not immediately be reached for comment.

But Top Rank and Golden Boy have failed in their past three attempts to negotiate bouts between Mayweather and Pacquiao.

"I would think that if (50 Cent) promoted Floyd, then it would make a matchup between Pacquiao and Mayweather that much easier," said Arum. "You would have somebody that is a friend and a mentor that he can rely on and they would protect his interests in any kind of promotion, and I would be on the side of Pacquiao."

"I think that it would work wonderfully. In other words, I'm not looking to be the only promoter here because that might be very awkward. But certainly in a deal where Mayweather had his own promotional company, and Pacquiao his own, being us, I think that it would work splendidly."

In the meantime, Jackson, on behalf of TMT, has signed Australian IBF featherweight beltholder Billy Dib to a stable that already includes super middleweight contender Andre Dirrell and former featherweight titleholder Yuriorkis Gamboa.

Jackson has obtained a license in New York and has received an application for one in Nevada, according to Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/174137-lems-latest-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:27 am

Looks like Judah's on his way to TMT.
Quote :

"I just left 50," Judah said. "He's a very interesting person. I've spent a lot of time with him when he was in (Las) Vegas (where Judah lives). We've been friends. I've been knowing 50 for a long time. His brain for business is phenomenal. We met Monday and (Tuesday). When you're doing big things it takes time. Anything that comes fast is not worth it. We're planning on doing it big.

"I like what 50 brings to the table. It's a great game plan. I think it will be a very good situation that will play out in boxing. It'll be something new and fresh."

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8219934/zab-judah-nears-deal-promoter-50-cent
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 1:58 pm

damn man they are snagging up some good talent and fast
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 3:16 pm

50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions Mike-tyson-50-cent%20(2)
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 2:24 am

uggghhh can't stand fish sticks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:12 am

Birdofthad wrote:
uggghhh can't stand fish sticks

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

Yeah 50 and Urlacher got in early on that. Good investment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 4:41 pm

TMT tried to sign Cotto but he declined saying he likes the freedom of being a free agent.

http://www.boxingscene.com/tmt-promotions-attempt-sign-up-miguel-cotto--55899
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:24 pm

Pacquaio promotions to co promote with TMT ??

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/174737-pacquaio
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 3:54 pm

50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions 50cent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 3:02 pm

Well so much for that.

Quote :
Everyone was waiting to see which superstar would cast the first stone. In a few recent interviews, Floyd Mayweather Jr. took the high road and said he was not going to take any shots at his former friend and business partner, rapper 50 Cent.

At one time they were the closest of friends, but that relationship fell apart when 50 Cent started his own promotional company, TMT Promotions, which he believed Mayweather was going to be involved in.

Mayweather backed away from TMT and continued to work with his existing partners, Golden Boy Promotions and adviser Al Haymon.

50 Cent dropped the TMT banner and changed the name of the company to SMS Promotions. He also took his fighters, Yuriorkis Gamboa, Billy Dib and Andre Dirrell. The most revealing move was 50 Cent's newfound alliance with Mayweather's rivals, Manny Pacquiao and Top Rank.

"TMT is over. The money team is no longer a team. So it's SMS Promotions....that's it, that's all. I'm no longer a part or down with TMT Promotions. If anyone wants a Money Team jacket, I'm selling mine for a dollar. The nap back hat comes with it. That's a fair price. I moved the fighters to SMS Promotions cause the other half of 'the money team' didn't put up their money," 50 Cent wrote on his social network accounts.

http://www.boxingscene.com/50-cent-takes-aim-former-friend-mayweather-jr--58871
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 3:17 am

Quote :
The relationship between rapper and aspiring boxing promoter 50 Cent and pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. is over.

The breakup, rumored for weeks, was announced by 50 Cent on Twitter on Thursday. It means featherweight titlist Billy Dib, one of the fighters who 50 Cent signed, will make his next defense on the undercard of Miguel Cotto's fight against junior middleweight titleholder Austin Trout on Dec. 1 (Showtime) at Madison Square Garden in New York.

50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, announced during Mayweather's two-month summer incarceration for domestic abuse that he had formed TMT Promotions, which is short for "The Money Team" and is what Mayweather calls his entourage. 50 Cent and Mayweather were going to promote fights together, and 50 Cent also strongly hinted that the company would promote Mayweather's fights instead of Golden Boy Promotions, which has been promoting Mayweather's events since 2007.

TMT Promotions was licensed by the New York State Athletic Commission in July, and 50 Cent signed multiple fighters, including undefeated former unified featherweight titleholder Yuriorkis Gamboa, Australia's Dib and super middleweight contender Andre Dirrell.

But 50 Cent said that he and Mayweather are no longer working together, tweeting, "TMT IS OVER. The Money team is no longer a team. So it's SMS Promotions. That's it. That's all."

SMS Audio is the name of 50 Cent's headphone product line.

50 Cent also tweeted, "I'm no longer a part or down with TMT Promotions. If anyone wants a Money Team jacket I'm selling mine for a dollar. The (snap) back hat comes with it. That's a (fair) price.

"Get your TMT sweat suit NOW!! For just $7.99 online No shipping and handling. I move the fighters to SMS Promotions 'cause the other half of the money team didn't put up (their) MONEY$."

Leonard Ellerbe, one of Mayweather's advisers, could not be reached for comment.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission is expected to approve 50 Cent's application for a promotional license at its monthly meeting in mid-November -- the date is not set yet -- according to commission executive director Keith Kizer.

The application process began in June with 50 Cent and Mayweather named as the two principals in the company. However, Kizer said on Sept. 19 that he received an email from 50 Cent's representative saying that Mayweather would no longer be part of the venture. On Tuesday, Kizer said he received a letter from 50 Cent's attorney saying the company would now be called SMS Promotions instead of TMT Promotions.

50 Cent also tweeted that Dib (35-1, 21 KOs) would make the third defense of his 126-pound belt against Cotto-promoted Puerto Rican prospect Jayson Velez (19-0, 14 KOs) on the Trout-Cotto undercard.

"We negotiated and agreed to terms for the fight for our fighter, Jayson Velez, to challenge Billy Dib," Gaby Penagaricano, Cotto's adviser, told ESPN.com. "It is not signed yet, but we have agreed on the terms. It shouldn't be any problem. We are just putting it all down on a contract. We've been discussing and negotiating it over the past several days."

Penagaricano said the fight would be part of Showtime's telecast.

"It is definitely one of the fights on the telecast on regular Showtime," he said. "We are working on a third fight, but it has not been decided yet. We are working with (Showtime Sports general manager) Stephen Espinoza on that, but (Dib-Velez) will be on Showtime."

50 Cent also tweeted what promoter Top Rank said earlier this week -- that Gamboa (21-0, 16 KOs) would face Miguel Beltran Jr. (27-2, 17 KOs) on the Manny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez IV undercard on Dec. 8 (HBO PPV). Gamboa-Beltran will be for a vacant interim junior lightweight title.

Top Rank was Gamboa's promoter until earlier this year. Gamboa, who is friendly with Mayweather, was unhappy with Top Rank, which led to 50 Cent buying out his promotional contract for seven figures. Now, Gamboa is reunited with Top Rank after it made a deal with 50 Cent to put him on the card.

Top Rank is also working with 50 Cent to put Dirrell on the undercard of the Nonito Donaire-Jorge Arce junior featherweight title fight it is in the process of finalizing for Dec. 15 in Houston. Dirrell (20-1, 14 KOs), who was part of the Super Six World Boxing Classic before dropping out because of an injury he suffered in a disqualification victory against Arthur Abraham in March 2010, has only fought once since.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8581625/50-cent-floyd-mayweather-jr-call-tmt-relationship
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 5:35 pm

Quote :
Power Pellets (Las Vegas)
Hey Dan was there any truth to the rumor that the Floyd-50 split was over an attempt to out Al Haymon?

Dan Rafael
(12:02 PM)
That is probably part of the overall situation but it most likely came down to one simple thing: 50 spent seven figures signing guys and Mayweather never paid him the 50 percent he had promised to pay him for doing it and that's a good way to kill a relationship.

Quote :
Dan Rafael
(12:13 PM)
These things often come down to multiple issues but other than 50's tweets, yes, I have another source involved in the whole mess who says Mayweather did not put up his half of the money that he was supposed to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions   50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions Empty

Back to top Go down

50 Cent is now a promoter, launches SMS promotions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next