Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud

Go down 
+2
Canvas
RUM CAPITAL
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud Empty
PostSubject: pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud   pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud   pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:02 pm

Why would Pascal's representative of all people refer to Cloud as a "unification fight" when Pascal is the champ and Cloud is a contender ? That irks me.

If I had to lay odds, I would say chances are very good that Hopkins pulls his usual BS and overprices himself right out of the fight at the last moment.

If Pascal chooses Hopkins or Cloud as his optional instead of taking an easy mark before fighting Dawson - then I am impressed.

...and shame on Bute and Interbox.
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

PostSubject: Re: pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud   pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:05 pm

Canvas wrote:
Why would Pascal's representative of all people refer to Cloud as a "unification fight" when Pascal is the champ and Cloud is a contender ? That irks me.

If I had to lay odds, I would say chances are very good that Hopkins pulls his usual BS and overprices himself right out of the fight at the last moment.

If Pascal chooses Hopkins or Cloud as his optional instead of taking an easy mark before fighting Dawson - then I am impressed.

...and shame on Bute and Interbox.
canvas let's not jump to conclusions. you know you would be really excited if they make bute-pavlik and cloud-pascal. i swear i would drive to montreal if they make this dream card happen lol
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud   pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:18 pm

please be Cloud please be Cloud please be Cloud please be Cloud please be Cloud.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud   pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:22 pm

I hope it's Cloud too
Back to top Go down
Hillsicc303
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud   pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:37 pm

WHY IS HOPKINS EVEN COMING UP!!!??? This is what is killing boxing, let these old has beens die!!!

Cloud should be #1 on Pascal's radar. If he's thinking about a second option, it should be a Dawson rematch, period...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud   pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:40 pm

I would take Cloud by late KO.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud   pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 7:53 pm

anything but BHOP.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud   pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:14 pm

captainanddew wrote:
please be Cloud please be Cloud please be Cloud please be Cloud please be Cloud.
...lol im joining you in that please.this is where a fighter takes control over hs destiny.give me cloud a young top fighter..lol i know what harrty greb would of told the promoters..give me cloud this week and hopkins in 10 days.ill kick both there asses and laugh all the way to the bank..true statement.
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud   pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:21 pm

he needs to fight cloud. that is a way better fight. the only reason he should fight hopkins is because its an easier fight against a named fighter before his rematch with dawson.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud   pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:30 pm

I don't know that fighting BHOP is easier. Fighting either guy presents challenges. Cloud's physicality and power could give Pascal some serious trouble.

Pascal threw punches in short outbursts. He didn't really show alot of sustained aggression.

BHOP is old and crusty but he might be able to beat Pascal. He understands distance well. He stays out of range on the outside, gets just close enough to get off, and then he dives in out of danger (using the head in the process). He'd use that strategy alot.

And when Pascal goes on the offensive, I think BHOP's best strategy is to step forward and get right into Pascal. Dawson went straight back and retreated. I think BHOP just goes forward and mugs him on defense.

I STILL DON'T WANT TO SEE THE FIGHT: BHOP WILL FIND A WAY TO STINK IT UP AND MAKE PASCAL LOOK HORRIBLE (WIN OR LOSE)
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud   pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:43 pm

captain your last sentence sums it up best..bo hop can win this boring fight..ill lay 6-5 he can..everyone then will cheer look at that.bottom line the fight will be possibly a non fight..a stinker indeed.most fight fans seriously wont recognize that.put bo hop in with a billy conn in his prime instead of a pasqual in his prime and what do you get.a near shutout over a old boring bo hop..or a charles. a stopage within 5 ditto archie moore.all of those will dictate the pace of the fight not bo hop.even a prime willie pastrano talks bo hop to school.yes thats right..a pascal nope.sad state of affairs indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud   pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:56 am

I want Pascal vs Bute Sad

(Ali folds his arms huffs and puffs then blames it all on Marble for no reason)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud   pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud Empty

Back to top Go down

pascal promoter wants either hopkins or cloud
Page 1 of 1